W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• December 14, 2018, 01:16:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Message of Death  (Read 2136 times)

Webby

• Level 4
The Message of Death
« on: July 09, 2010, 04:29:16 AM »

I'm doing some research into the time between the delivery of a fatal blow and it taking effect.

There are many incidents and tales of people suffering fatal injuries and yet still very much in the fight ! 

Is there any research on this phenomenon ? Do you have any examples ?

Thanks all..

Webby...   

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: The Message of Death
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 06:56:23 AM »

Morning Web-wow you do come up with some good ones ;D

anyhow I am not a expert in this field -but- I do know when they are down kick the son of a bitch.

And thats my story and I am sticking to it-

Whitewolf (El Lobo blanco) speed of light  (in my own mind )

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 09:28:01 AM »

Big area to cover, I assume you are including GSW and knife, not just hand to hand?

Many things factor in when you look at "fatal blow" vs time of death. Some blows delivered arn't meant to be fatal but the guys falls bad and dies, are you including those. Bleed out rates differ from person to person and climate to climate. If cold enough one might not bleed out from the same wound that you would in a warmer clime. Can you be more specific?

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 12:36:19 PM »

Seriously- how does one know that the blow is going to a fatal area -victims get hit in every part of the body and sometimes recover and some times it is  fatal-i would imagine that the force, speed , status of the victim (were they allready hurt) age
prior injuries in that part of the body etc etc all play a part in what you asked..
Also for example how far did they fall? Also what did they hit when they landed?
WW

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 07:35:13 PM »

I would agree with Canuk.
Too many factors.

A one strike that causes a person to fall backward and they hit their head on a curb or hard surface resulting in death.

US Marines in Korea ,in the freezing cold.
Men blown in half in the ice and snow,alive and talking for many ,many hours until pulled out ,warmed up and bled out.

People hit by a car,truck or train ,in which the vehicle stops and pins them in a way that allows them to be alive and talking for many hours,(long enough to have loved ones come and say good bye),move the vehicle and they die instantly.

A teen crossing the street runs into car side view mirror,lacerates the liver and the teen dies quickly,never makes it across street.

A man is disembowled by a pitch fork and sits in a giant puddle of blood asking for help to try and scoop his intestines up,he lasts for a while surprisingly for such an injury and amount of rapid blood loss.

Bouncer gets  cut across his femoral artery,takes a couple steps and is dead.

Age,size,weight,intoxicated,sober,hot,cold,place of injury,impact point,shock,no shock,will to live,no will to live,these are just some of the many variables.

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 05:33:12 AM »

Hi guy's,
            I was trying to research the cause of why people react in such different way's under the extreme circumstances. It's very complex but fascinating. I teach my students that it's not over till it's over. Look at the Miami F.B.I shootout in 1986. That guy was shot twelve times and had a lung full of blood and he was still going.

Read ' When the fighting is over ' by John and Robert Lawrence. It was made into a drama called ' Tumbledown '. Robert was a Scot's guards officer who was shot in the head with a 7.62mm x 45 round and he made a full recovery.

Why do some people get cut and drop dead and other's carry on without a blink !

Research on this would help are armed forces !!

Webby     

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 05:54:19 AM »

Lots of aspects here. Mind set is a big one to look at. And, for me at least, God has a big part to play in this.

Download