W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 18, 2018, 06:22:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Phony William James Clark  (Read 5233 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Phony William James Clark
« on: September 16, 2010, 11:44:18 AM »

To Sgt. Louis Brandwein, something about the “ridiculously obese” man in ACUs at the gun show looked off. He wore a nonregulation MOLLE belt, Special Forces qualification tabs on both shoulders and a rare Combat Infantryman Badge with two stars. “Everything was just wrong. As soon as I looked at him, I was like, ‘What the hell,’ ” said Brandwein, a 25-year-old infantryman at Fort Richardson, Alaska.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/09/army-faker-091210w/

Hock

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
Re: Phony William James Clark
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »

Good times.  This is probably one of my favorite stories, just for the sheer ridiculousness.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

SileyEric

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 10:51:26 AM »

There are the martial arts frauds, and the military wannabes, but there has got to be some kind of mental illness involved in these guys who assume the role of a military veteran, build their castle up in the sky, and then go live in it.  Not that being sick is any kind of excuse or that they should be given a pass.

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 06:31:00 AM »

Reminds me of when Hock and I went to the Soldier of Fortune convention in Las Vegas many years ago. never saw so many fat pile of shit wanna bees all in he same place, all in there favorite custom camo as they couldn't get issue stuff to fit.
Figured out that SOF stood for "Searching Out Food".
But as a Hiughlite, I got to meet Rex Applegate. Hopefully Hock can find the picture. We look so much alike!
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 08:20:11 AM »

I'm not gonna lie, the ridiculousness of some of these guys makes me feel damn good about myself, especially as I've really been there and done that.

I would like to make a new entry in the dictionary:  Ridiculosity, and put this guy's picture right next to it, with a short intro.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 02:38:24 PM »

I just wish these guys would put the same time and energy they put into their charades into helping organizations such as the Wounded Warrior Project (http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,840/) or any other organization that helps our military members. I don't hear of any NFL fans pretending to be a celebrity football hero; instead they're content to go to games, buy officially sponsored apparel and support their favorite team.

Wassup?!

Lot's of good groups out there could use a helping hand. Then these Mitty's could be a real hero instead of a wannabe. I just don't get these guys. I'm glad they're being outed, but what a waste. This guy's lucky the Sgt. didn't lay down a first class ass-whuppin' on him.

BZ to the Sarge!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:13:04 PM by Dawg »
"Whether you're paranoid or not, they're coming for you."  - Dawg

Benjamin Liu

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 04:20:12 PM »

II don't hear of any NFL fans pretending to be a celebrity football hero; instead they're content to go to games, buy officially sponsored apparel and support their favorite team.

Wassup?!

I'm guessing that it has to do with the probability of success.

I'm not a sports fan, but I know many of them, and they can name the members of teams and what their records are, and all that info is readily available to the average person from multiple sources, so a person claiming to have been on a team would probably be outed immediately.  The same would be true if someone claimed to have been a rock star or a top Hollywood actor, or if someone claimed to be the President.  A celebrity would probably also have lots of money and a fancy car, making the financial requirements difficult for the fake. 

Military background is far more difficult for the average person to check.

There have been people with fake claims to European royalty, somehting difficult for most to check, and lots of people with fake degrees.  Some popular "doctors" have mail order degrees.

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 07:18:11 AM »

Benjamin Liu,

Your explanation makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

It just seems to me that if these guys so adore the folks on the front lines, that they would do something to actually be part of the team than pretend to be something they aren't. 

There are the martial arts frauds, and the military wannabes, but there has got to be some kind of mental illness involved in these guys who assume the role of a military veteran, build their castle up in the sky, and then go live in it.  Not that being sick is any kind of excuse or that they should be given a pass.

So, I guess it is a mental thing. I also agree: no passes.

This kind of crap really pisses me off. >:(
"Whether you're paranoid or not, they're coming for you."  - Dawg

Download