W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 16, 2018, 02:54:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: El Cheapo Airsoft Pistol  (Read 1442 times)

Kelly Knight

• Level 3
El Cheapo Airsoft Pistol
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:31:50 PM »

To those that are interested,

I was recently contacted by a fellow SFC member about the airsoft pistol that I have been using for the past five years. He wanted to know what brand it was and where I got it.

I bought it on eBay and it's a JLS 2012B 1:1, 8", .45 replica. It takes four AAA batteries and came with an extra magazine. It has motor-driven blowback and has semi and fully auto modes.

This is a cheap airsoft pistol, all plastic. But, it's taken a real beating. Bits and pieces have come off (the sight, for example) and I never bothered to put them back on. It's suffered repeated drops from shoulder height, body weight crushing down on it and repetitive fill-contact disarms.

Feels fairly good in the hand, the balance isn't anything to write home about...the weight mainly coming from the batteries.

JLS is yet another Tokyo Marui wannabe and their products are nowhere near a well made. At the same time, the cost is so cheap that they are disposable. Though, mine clearly is not, surprisingly.

At the time, I paid 2 bucks for mine, with another 5 bucks shipping. Taking a quick glance at eBay, I see several similar models for well under $20-$25, including shipping.

I'm sure that this airsoft pistol would not meet many SFC members' requirements. It most certainly has mine.

Kelly Knight

Kelly Knight

• Level 3
Re: El Cheapo Airsoft Pistol
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 07:03:50 AM »

Forgot to add:

And while there are a million websites dedicated to and selling airsoft merchandise, I recommend http://www.Evike.com for info and sales. I have no connection with them other than as a satisfied customer.

Kelly Knight

Download