W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 18, 2018, 08:13:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Block-pass pin-strike  (Read 3736 times)

whitewolf

• Level 4
Block-pass pin-strike
« on: October 02, 2010, 01:49:43 PM »

Hock and all- after the seminar in Talahomma I have been practising the BPP with the students-especially police-working well- we do it standing, and from ground.
Also working on the splitter-i need some practise on that one
We also did solo practise on the ground holding a actual folder (open)
doing various movements-(dont want to  cut anyone)
It was interesting as we were working on knife defense from front and rear the BJJ
instructor who is visiting from Brazil asked to be shown the movements- he never worked on them before- this goes to sho that reality type training is (IMHO only) better for the street than rolling around on the ground with a gee and attempting a lock or choke-when the other opponent is trying to crucify you.What is needed is continued practise in what i call speed drills where the victim immediately reacts to a attack-they do not wait but instead closes and strikes in some fashion to interrupt the other
and overcome them physically and mentally.

I personally think the BPP section of Hocks knife counter knife combatitives book is for me the best part-hope others have reviewed and use this book to train.

WW(ELB)SPEED OF LIGHT

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: Block-pass pin-strike
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 07:45:26 PM »

And for the readers the full Strike Block Pass and Pin progression is

Attacked from the four corners, high right, high left, low right, low left

Block
Block / strike
Block and pass
Block pass and strike                       Double or triple strike at any point
Block, pass, pin
Block, pass, pin and strike

Kaliman33

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:57:38 AM »

check out panantukan-silat 10, it is all on that with countless variations

Marc

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 09:09:33 AM »

Halleck film is here http://www.hockscqc.com/shop/product388.html

The "block, pass and pin" otherwise known as Filipino "Hubud," is often confused and belittled. The belittlers are uneducated in the subject and do not know that by the time you are blocking, passing and pinning, you should have worked through a hardcore survival progression of the aforementioned list:

1-Block
   2-Block / strike
   3-Block and pass
   4-Block pass and strike 
        THEN
   5- Block, pass and pin
       and so on....

For PR purposes I have always called that level in the progression "block, pass, pin." No one is the wiser! Even the naysaying, knuckle draggers once working on the progression, never think twice about the step 5 blocking, passing and pinning once they worked on the prior steps, having done the simple core striking, and then the blocking and striking at the drill's beginning.

Its all in a chain of skill development and coordination. I still make that drill optional because many citizens can't jump right in at Step 5 and do it the traditional way.

In my Knife book, I have added all the knife drills, which include this progression, in the back of the book as an addendum. This is a message to knuckle-draggers that you don't have to do these if you don't want to. Ignore the addendum!  But if you want faster hands, more skill and a ton of coordination, coupled with forearm to forearm crash experience? Work these. It is also my experience as a side issue, that many people love these skill drills and they are good in classes and seminars.

But I am here to report (with international witnesses) that if I teach the above progression starting with step 1, EVERYONE can quickly get to Step 5 the block, pass and pin with great ease as they have been stepped through it. 

I could go on and on about this subject but I won't...Suffice to say you cannot overdo these drills and become a drill master. Drills augment. Like a football team player running tires for agility.

Hock 

Download