W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 19, 2018, 09:28:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: B,P, Pin tactics-stand and ground--  (Read 3254 times)

whitewolf

• Level 4
B,P, Pin tactics-stand and ground--
« on: October 13, 2010, 09:03:44 PM »

After taking the seminar in Talahoma I went back and started practising the B,P, P movements with the students-my small group liked the drills and we do them each class now to get more preficient in the execution of them. we also started the ground movements as shown on page 284 of the knife counter knife combatatives book-this is a little harder to do and we will work on it more -with a practise knife in the attackers hand makes it difficult to move quickly-
One thing tiied was after the B, P, with the leg we kick out with both legs -trying  to
strike at the hand to elbow and near shoulder area so we can get up at least to knees to grab at the knife wrist area and do further  strikes-as Hock says trainer should try to invent different optionms--
any suggestions appreciated- WW

Kaliman33

• Level 2
Re: B,P, Pin tactics-stand and ground--
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 07:00:26 AM »

not to toot my own horn but my level 10 pan-silat is all Hubud (b,P,P) you do every kind of throw, strikes, switches, for example, after you pass, scoop his arm and under hook, go in for a back sweep, facing him or facing the same way as him, you can do all your trapping after the pass, on the block do a figure four take down, I ahve tons of things out of hubud

Marc

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 09:52:07 AM »

Mark  morning-I am talking about the ground on your back-the tactic we are practising is straight from the book of Hocks-thanks- WW

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 10:38:05 AM »

Okay that specific drill is a knife drill, for the knife holder, when an attacker has been tossed down and who spins to start kicking the knife holder. The knife holder deals with the legs and cuts the legs up and does other things on the half-beat.

www.hockscombatforum.com/hocks-page284.pdf

Here is a bad scan of that page (I hope I can connect to it?)

It would be very difficult for the unarmed guy on his back to do much except pump kick at the knife attacker and GET UP! The Knife book is designed for the person with the knife. I do understand that it is a good framework to see and try to defeat a knife attacker...

Hock 

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »

Hock- really appreciate the info- my students all are unarmed (unless they can get to a wpn if they are carrying)- or---get to a expediaent wpn on the ground- i.e. brick ,bottle,
,club instrument etc-
so we practise the worst case sanario to see how it goes-
stay  safe- again good luck with the hip operation,
WW

Joe Hubbard

• London, England
  • Level 4
  • Transforming the Esoteric with the Exoteric!
    • www.functionalfighting.com
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 02:28:41 AM »

Hock- you have a 404 on that link.

Joe
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side"

Hunter S. Thompson

www.joehubbardstreetsurvival.com

Visit My Blog: http://joehubbard.wordpress.com

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 03:29:50 PM »

Yeah, I can figure out to upload that page...

Oh well, I guess they all just have to buy the book

Hock

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 01:41:30 PM »

More on B-P-P -today at class I started working the B-P-P movements with the class but we added to it-I had them do the block-pass it-but instead of pin the arm or striking it-i had them go into other movements- i.e. push the opponent away and they get away/move to the rear and strike the ears with cupped slaps and attack the eyes from rear- etc etc
the ladies seemed to pick up on that pretty well-we also did the blok- into palm to face hard and fast then transition  into pass and continue-
Remember these ladies are anywhgere fron 40 to 58 years old -pretty proud of them
for getting into this type close combat.
ww

Download