W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 21, 2018, 08:27:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pistol Sales Surge after AZ shooting  (Read 3682 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Pistol Sales Surge after AZ shooting
« on: January 11, 2011, 04:27:08 PM »

I know this is preaching to the choir here but...

"Wolff was right. Instead of hurting sales, the massacre had the $499 semi-automatic pistols -- popular with police, sport shooters and gangsters -- flying out the doors of his Glockmeister stores in Mesa and Phoenix. “We’re at double our volume over what we usually do,” Wolff said two days after the shooting spree that also left 14 wounded, including Democratic Representative Gabrielle Giffords, who remains in critical condition..."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-11/glock-pistol-sales-surge-in-aftermath-of-shooting-of-arizona-s-giffords.html

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
Re: Pistol Sales Surge after AZ shooting
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:36:33 AM »

They should.   

My son commented after the shooting.   We're safe Dad, you have two pistols in your truck.

;D
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

redfive

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 11:29:59 AM »

Arizona is as liberal as Texas, when it comes to guns, more so. I think they  can open carry even. So where were all the gun carriers at the shooting. ?????? none I guess, beings the guy was tackled and not shot. So everyone goes out and buys a gun. What good does it do if you leave it at home.
   This has always been my response to the antigun people. They think it will turn into the wild west if everyone is allowed to carry, when in reality only a very very small percentage of people do get a CHL. Even those with a CHL may or may not carry all the time.
       "Good work Mr. Scott. You fixed the barn doors after the horses have come home"

Redfive: Pack-in iron

Whiskey Jack

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 02:04:46 PM »

It should be noted that one of the men who helped subdue the shooter was carrying a pistol.  That man, Joe Zamudio, chose not to use his weapon because it would have added to the confusion and would have endangered the crowd. 

redfive

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 03:11:09 PM »

OOOOOOOOOO k. "Wouldn't wont to endanger the crowd". What exactly was the crazy man already shooting people doing? Any way not my call, wasn't there and wont second guess. But I will say Mr. Zamudio has great restraint and balls to not draw and go after a gunman, glad he was willing to step up.
                  And why does the media call the shooter a suspect. He is not. He is the shooter/killer/murderer. Sort of like the people who say we never landed on the moon. How much proof is needed. Why even have a trial in these cases. Just like the fort Hood shooter.
                                               Redfive

Adventure

• Level 4
    • Stay Alive Program inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 10:32:49 PM »

Senator Boxer already wants to take your extended mags away just like she did in Cal. She is after you guys now.

Whiskey Jack

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 02:51:10 PM »

OOOOOOOOOO k. "Wouldn't wont to endanger the crowd". What exactly was the crazy man already shooting people doing?

You know the rule about being aware of what's downrange before you fire?  I'd imagine Mr. Zamudio noticed that there were people other than the shooter downrange and didn't want to accidentally shoot any of them.  Just a guess though.

And why does the media call the shooter a suspect. He is not. He is the shooter/killer/murderer.

Because while there's no doubt that Loughner was the man shooting, calling him a shooter/killer/murderer in mass media will possibly taint the jury pool leading to a more drawn-out trial than will already take place.  To you and me, Loughner's the murderer.  To the legal system he is, and should remain, a suspect until such time as he's found guilty in a court of law.

Why even have a trial in these cases. Just like the fort Hood shooter.

The 5th and 14th Amendments, and the rule of law, mostly.

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 03:15:57 PM »

I have to agree with Whiskey Jack on this one.  Pulling a gun to start shooting in a situation like this may not help at all, and may only make things worse.  In a non-crowded situation, pulling one's own firearm may help, or pulling it before the shooter can start his rampage, but after the shooting starts is probably going to make people think you were part of the ones doing the shooting.  I have thought of this issue in relation to being in a restaurant or other similar public place, and I am afraid of being confused with the bad guy when police finally arrive.

As to why have a trial in instances like this, to deny a trial for one individual is to put the rest of our rights at risk, when they are already under assault.  I suppose one could charge this scumbag with terrorism, and then there would be no need for a trial.  Is that what we want?  The Patriot Act already plays fast and loose with our rights as American citizens, a move like that would threaten our freedoms even more.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 05:06:18 PM »

Agree with WJ on all points

Benjamin Liu

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 08:09:20 PM »

Sort of like the people who say we never landed on the moon.

Interestingly, one of the shooter's big issues is his belief that we never went to the Moon and that spaceflights are all faked.

Benjamin Liu

• Level 4
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 08:11:56 PM »

The fact that Arizona respects its citizens right to keep and bear arms does not mean every or even most citizens will exercise that right.

Tucson is also one of the more Leftist cities in AZ, look at who they kept electing as Sheriff.

Download