W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 22, 2018, 08:08:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vee-Arnis Jitsu  (Read 3084 times)

whitewolf

• Level 4
Vee-Arnis Jitsu
« on: October 23, 2010, 12:48:09 PM »

For JimH and others- i watched Prof  David James on his vidios-he is a aggressive teacher-tactics look good- JimH have you trained with him-opinion??
He advacated circle movmwents  and what he calls "trade places" which means you get to be near a exit and get out-dont stay and fight a knifer after you stunned him or hurt him-
this makes sense to me when training a civilian who is escaping from a mugging sanario. WW

JimH

• Level 4
Re: Vee-Arnis Jitsu
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 03:30:47 PM »

I have trained at seminars with David James
I have trained with students of David James and Professor Vee.

Professor Vee developed a very good street usable system  by mixing many arts primarily Arnis and Jujitsu.

Many of those from NY teaching some of the Aiki arts were students of Professor Vee,such as David James,moses Powell,Lil john Davis and many others who have been mentioned on here before ,by WW,due to their You tube clips.

Master James lkes to streess "Trading Places",it is also found in other arts and may also be called ghosting and or exchanging places.

It is always wise ,if encountering a conflict ,to inflict pain / injury and then get out fast.
Master James also has MANY ways to deal with attackers if the way out is  blocked or getting away is not possible.

I like Vee arnis techniques and I like David James for his attitude to street combat and his realistic training.

Circular movements are characteristic of the Aiki arts,no matter the art which uses it,be it Jujitsu,Aikido,Judo,Hapkido, or any other circular using art form.
Circular motion allows for easier control of the human body and limb than linear arts which feature straight line kicks and punches.

David James expresses the use of the Aiki arts and his art very nicely.

My opinion

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 08:27:05 PM »

JimH- ys i guess i talked about him last year-anyhow glad you trained with him so u can speak about his style.
I thought his style is pretty aggressivie and motivatesd the student.
thanks  WW

rutleddc

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 09:27:36 AM »

Back in the late 1990s in Maryland I attended a get together called the International Federation of Jujutsans. David James was the one person who really impressed me the most, followed by the DePasguals. David James approach to teaching beginners was very simple, direct, and aggressive. He gave you material that a beginner could apply, unlike most instructors who give you material that could take years to use effectively. However, your pain tolerance had to be much higher than most students will allow no days.  :o
"Ruttles"
David Rutledge

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »

Thanks Rut- WW

Download