W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 19, 2018, 07:04:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Death in the Jungle 1945  (Read 1737 times)

Webby

• Level 4
Death in the Jungle 1945
« on: December 31, 2010, 07:22:30 AM »

British and Commonwealth forces found the fighting both vicious and deadly in the jungles of Java. Nov 1945 an RAF Dakota, with a crew of four and 21 Indian soldiers crash landed in a paddy field some distance for the nearest base.An RAF Thunderbolt spotted the survivors standing next to the wreckage and a search and rescue party was sent to the scene. On arriving the men were confronted by the horrifying spectacle of 100 Indonesians, armed with knifes, swarming round the plane. Hopelessly out numbered the party were forced to return and fetch reinforcement's, they returned with tanks. There was no sign of the survivors. They swept the area and near by found the headless body of a Sepoy. In the surrounding jungle they found an assortment of limbs that were scattered around to such a degree it was impossible to tell who was who.         

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: Death in the Jungle 1945
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 07:41:36 AM »

Web=good article-where do u find these articles? WW

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 09:32:19 AM »

A lot of research on the net, Pathe News website, old newspaper articles, some info. comes from my Dad he was in The R.A.F Reg 1944-1948 saw service in bomb disposal in The U.K, then Israel ( Palestine ), India he was there for partion and then Egypt. He's in his mid-80's, but has a very sharp memory and took hundreds of photos. I've researched Britains role in Vietnam 1944-45. Read many books on The Greek civil war and traveled to the Grammos area in the early 90's. Amazing place, if you go the Greece go to the Mountain's...truly magical place. That conflict that rolled on from 44 to 49 was extreme however, atrocities committed on both sides, headhunting by the right wing groups. Kidnapping by the Communist's. Dreadful stuff. If you talk to the people today they are the friendliest bunch ever, very family orientated. If you want to research, start with Wikipedia and then order books via the library. You can find amazing book's in charity shop's and second-hand bookshops as well.   Webby....         

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 04:12:56 PM »

Of course, I collect first-person narratives of people recalling knife fights. But military only, I never collected civilian ones.

Many appear in my book and if I have more stories I can add them into future editions. If you find any, I need them. But I prefer the first person narrative kind...

Hock

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 05:16:37 AM »

I'll trawl though the achives. How far back do you like to go ?

Webby..

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 05:51:55 AM »

There's one guy who springs to mind. Famous for using the knife on raids in WW2.
Check out Major Anders Lassen ( Sept 1920-Apr 1945 ). He was in the SAS, but served in SBS as well. I've heard and read stories about him, killing stag's with just a knife, using a longbow, he did some serious killing. Even the SAS guy's where a bit weary of him.

Webby...

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 11:33:23 AM »

One such story is in my new Knife book...

Hock
(can't help myself -  must sell book!)

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 05:25:16 PM »

Glad you got one on Lassen. I'll do some hunting for info. Get back to you..!

Webby 

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »

Let us know when the new knife book is ready- I have run out of room writing extra notes in the last one-WW

Download