W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 23, 2018, 11:38:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: knife in the head  (Read 3543 times)

redhawk44357

• Level 3
knife in the head
« on: February 19, 2011, 08:48:58 AM »

Have you all seen the article, man in china had a knife blade in his head from a mugging 4 years ago and didnt know it.  It broke off when he was stabbed. Goes to hospital complaining of headaches and they find 4" of blade. Surgury got it out. I tried to copy and post here, but, ...........you know how it goes.

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: knife in the head
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 11:15:24 AM »

Red if  you have it or can look at it -in Hocks knife/counter book there is a picture of a guy with a knife in his head also-  that would hurt----paage 5  and page 29-oh dont worry about cutting and pasting- i screw it up a  lot ---WW

redhawk44357

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 04:22:32 PM »

Saw the pic in Hocks book, the one i posted was all the way in.  BTW, Hocks book is awsome. Started reading as soon as i got it and couldnt stop. Wife came by and was showing me curtains in JCPenny book, and i am going "uh huh, ok, thats nice"-hoping she would go away and finally did.  Got the wrong DVD's ( not what i ordered) but called Jane and got it all straight. Cant wait to get to some serious training.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 07:48:25 PM »

Red- what is really good about the actual seminars that i  have taken (3) from Hock is the
discussions on how one can adopt to a situation- he shows a tactic but you can change it as things happen-(my opinion)-in a situation that is not programmed (as in some schools) you can still defend/attack from various positions-i think this is very important and for me it adds speed to a response-i am a advacate of Retzev (continued combat) that is discribed in one Krav Maga associations training (this word is not mine)
When you do a tactic in a HH seminar you  can just continue on till situation is completed.
I use that book religiously-it really looks worn out---WW

redhawk44357

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »

i have noticed that in all his (HH) different attacks, be it knife or stick, the student is told to practice from all positions, which is in line with what you said. In other words no matter the situation , a person with the training can still respond. And another thing which i like is the he stresses using both hands in all drills, for obvious reasons.  I am going through my draw full of knives now and deciding on the carry knife i will use in line with carry,deployment,name and legality. I have several that will be used for training purposes only.  Same with my carry sticks and training sticks. Getting organized is the biggest step.  Thanks for your imput, its always welcome and appreciated.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 12:14:46 AM »

Lately i have been working with a Afgan deployment  (SF ops guy) of 2 tours- he got out and has his own self defense school-his philosophy is (for offense and efense) attack immediately....
He was stabbed on 2 different occasions there while on patrol., and just kept on and won. That is a great testamonial-not only had he trained in philipino style,muy thai  and  in Krav Maga also-quite a combination-his mental state is one of teaching students to overcome-
and win-----
just  some more thoughts- WW

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 10:27:09 AM »

Can you get this guy's email for me?

Show him my knife book and tell him I NEED true military knife stories for research. I NEED THOSE KNIFE STORIES!

Hock

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 11:20:55 AM »

OK-will call you and pass it on- he just told me - it was one stabbing and numerpus othe hand to hand combat inciddents- richie

Snake Blocker

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 06:59:37 PM »

A friend sent me the video clip of this.  Pretty wild!

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 08:54:38 AM »

Did you see the picture of the 15yr who got stabbed in the head back in Sep 08.

Telegraph.co.uk 30th Sept 2008 : X-ray shows knife embedded in head of teenage boy

He survived the attack ( a robbery ) in South London. He was stabbed though the forehead with a five inch knife. The most extreme one I saw was a guy in the states who was stabbed in the head with a Rambo style knife by a neighbour after a dispute about loud music. He was filmed in hospital having the blade removed from his head. He walked out of the hospital with his sister a week or so after. It was shown on British TV on a one-off programme called '' Ouch ! ''.     

Download