General Category > Knife Combat

Put em down, Take em out! Knife Fighting from Folsom Prison.

(1/2) > >>

MurrayBros:
I just read this book "Put em down, Take em out! Knife Fighting Techniques from Folsom Prison" by Don Pentecost.  Has anyone else read this book and if so what are you thoughts on it. 

Brian Murray

Professor:

--- Quote from: MurrayBros on October 12, 2004, 07:47:39 AM ---I just read this book "Put em down, Take em out! Knife Fighting Techniques from Folsom Prison" by Don Pentecost.  Has anyone else read this book and if so what are you thoughts on it. 

Brian Murray

--- End quote ---

It's OK if you don't know anything else.....                                                                                                     

jmech:
The best thing about this book is that it gives you a pretty good insight into the mindset of a criminal/inmate towards combat.

The techniques demonstrated are very simplistic, and mostly llimited to stabbing techniques with little slashing, which is due to the fact that all shanks have tips, but not always sharp edges.

Anyone who has worked in Corrections will recognize the attitude in the book.  I would recommend that anyone who has not worked in Corrections and/or Law Enforcement at least read the book to get a look into the mindset of a criminal in regards to this type of combat.

Joe Mech

MurrayBros:
The attitude I get from this book and this self exclaimed knife fighting expert, is that only folsom prison inmates can figure out how to knife fight properly.  The only useful things I read in this book were 1.) Train for real situations. and 2.) Keep in simple stupid.  I learned those both in my 6 years in the Army.  My thoughts on the book are summed up as, dont waste the money on this book and if you have a chance to read it, pass.  

Brian Murray

ExJKD:
I'm just gonna throw this in;

Have someone come at you "prison-stylle with a blade on you
like that....see if ANY of the standard martial arts knife disarms
work...at all.

What saying is coming to my mind now?...."times..........up.........
...uhhh....weenie...boy?"

hehe..once you have the hand in your face it is too late.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version