Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 19, 2018, 05:36:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Pistol Disarm  (Read 13001 times)

Keith Miller

• Level 4
  • "Shut the F@*k Up, Donnie!"
    • MMA Fitness Online
Re: A Pistol Disarm
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 01:42:12 AM »

Use airsoft guns and wear goggles. Now you know if your technique works.

Joe Hubbard

• London, England
  • Level 4
  • Transforming the Esoteric with the Exoteric!
    • www.functionalfighting.com
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 03:40:54 AM »

Use airsoft guns and wear goggles. Now you know if your technique works.

+1

Joe
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side"

Hunter S. Thompson

www.joehubbardstreetsurvival.com

Visit My Blog: http://joehubbard.wordpress.com

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 06:33:29 AM »

Simulation gun training is a good deal safer now than it was in the past. They used wax plug's fired from muzzle loading pistol's while wearing thick leather apron's and fencing masks in France in the 50's. The British troops training in the jungle in Malaya and Borneo also used fencing masks and camo netting, while shooting at each other with break action air-rifles.

When I train it's very rarely with gun's it's mostly with knifes. The kit is : Nonslip eye wear, a throat guard, chest protector, a box and knee/shin guards. I've seen to many nasty training injuries to take any chances.

Safe Training is the best training !!

Bonz

• Level 1
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 06:47:59 AM »

Webby, what do you (or any of you other guys) use for a throat guard? I was thinking of buying a used hockey goalie mask which has a throat guard. Any thoughts?
"Semper Gumby" = Always Fexible

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 07:10:01 AM »

I've used Ice Hockey guards and played around with them a bit as they are far from ideal.
I currently use two types.

1. Guard from a Red Man suit ( they are very expensive as you have to buy the whole suit and some of the suit's don't have the guard only the neck brace )

2. A soft neck brace ( it's 1'' of soft flexable foam type you need ), I striped it apart and cut away the excess material then had my ladies at the everywomen's sewing class create a lining and seal it up. They did a great job.
I don't think that there's really anything commercially available specifically designed so you need to get a bit creative. There's a gap in the market so it's only a matter of time before someone produces a viable guard.       

ShooterMMA

• Level 1
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 07:17:38 PM »

3 situations of people I know.
First, the guy pulled the gun on man to shoot, man instinctively grabbed the gun and redirected the  shoot. Stayed alive, man is sf.
Second, armed robbery, the guy MA master 5 dan, thinking who knows what, jumped on armed robber, robber simply stepped back and shoot him to the head. The thing is that there was second armed robber, what did the guy was thinking? :) He survived
Third, it was trash talk, guy wanted to kick as to a street thug, thug simply take out the gun and put it on his stomach. Guy freeze's and apologies just to save his life. The guy was MMA fighter.

Simply, all this martial arts mumbo jumbo can make people get killed.
If you act, its aider instinctively aider it is your last resort.

Start from there and then go by safety principals, not by techniques.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:12:58 AM by ShooterMMA »

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »

Bonz- maybe use the hockey helmet with throat guard and wrap a scarf around the throat also so it stays in place-or get a piece of foam rubber that can fit around neck and attach velcro-?? just a thought WW

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 07:58:46 PM »

Bonz -what web said might work- go to a drug store and look at neck collars people use when they have a auto accident-just get a size bigger than normal for the student-that might work well- WW

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »

The more I look at this clip and think about the guy with the pistol simply taking a step back, the more I think the defender will eat a lead sandwich if this technique is tried.  It sure looks cool, though.  I think I may have to get the red gun and see what happens.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 02:55:33 PM »

Kent-just my opinion- try it first s;low motion-see where you are -can u move towards him as he pulls back-where are your hands/feet? then speed it up having him pull back as you go for wpn- can u beat him-  dont try to beat the trigger finger try to beat his thought procrss- let me know how it works out.
R/S WW
Pages: 1 [2]

Download