Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 18, 2018, 08:18:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: NYPD and Fighters training  (Read 11023 times)

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: NYPD and Fighters training
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 12:22:57 PM »

You know  Noload-you bring up a training point that is tremendous and i for one never thought  of it before in the way you discribed it.
Have the technique fail-------dont always let it work---mull it over afterwarsd-
use the 5 w,s- Who attacked, When did it occur, where did it occur,What weapons?
Why were you in that area, and how did they win?
great  idea-u r a smart guy- in fact tonight i am going to bring it up and we will do a technique -have it fail and see why...
U know I never have seen that done on any vidio-u r a pretty smart guy.  R/S
WW

noload

• Level 4
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »

I can't take credit for it as it comes from one of my training partners who picked it up in the service. They'd look for ways that a plan could fail to hopefully close as many holes in theirs and also to screw up the other guys plan.

One he did after teaching counter gun techniques was to hold one of the guys wife "hostage", and asked him what he'd do. Each resulted in either his wife shot or him getting shot but once he did manage to get to the gun after being "hit". He realized that there was no clean solution and learned what he may have to do to save his wife. That one was emotionally very tough for the guy starting with seeing his wife being held at gunpoint.

I can't imagine doing this in a video, it wouldn't make all these youtube uber disarm guys look like Superman.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 05:31:50 PM »

yes- i dont think the average instructor would stand for being wrong-in front of the worlld
but we are going to try it in our school-never know what can be learned from this type training. It is interesting to hear about the "wife"-things like that make a person make a important decison -quickly- stay  safe  -WW

noload

• Level 4
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 06:34:58 PM »

I don't think it shows the instructor being wrong, just not superhuman.

Good luck, just make sure the students don't get discouraged if you start adding these kind of things to your training. I'd save this for the more advanced folks and let the newer ones work on getting techniques down.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 07:22:04 PM »

No load - what we do is start "by the numbers so to speak" then move up a  little -as they progress we add reolizim to the technique-and at some point add the helmet to the technique so they can go harder and make contact-we have a few ladies in the class and they want to see what works-sometimes more than the men-when something goes astray they want it redone right.  WW
Pages: 1 [2]

Download