W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 19, 2018, 01:08:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Briton killed in Magaluf 'bar brawl'  (Read 4146 times)

Hepcat

• Level 3
Briton killed in Magaluf 'bar brawl'
« on: March 27, 2011, 02:18:30 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/27/briton-killed-magaluf-bar-brawl

Briton killed in Magaluf 'bar brawl'Reports in Spanish media say man's throat was slashed with broken bottle after argument broke out on cricket tour

Share   Press Association
guardian.co.uk, Sunday 27 March 2011 19.07 BST Article historyA British tourist has been killed in the Spanish island resort of Magaluf in what was reported to be a bar brawl.

Gary Vigors reportedly got into an argument with a fellow Briton with whom he was on a cricket tour.

His throat was slashed with a broken bottle and he bled to death following the fracas, according to reports in the Spanish press. The Spanish authorities are investigating the incident.

A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: "We can confirm the death of a British national in Magaluf, in Spain. Consular staff are in contact with the next of kin and providing consular assistance."
Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for poutine.
----------------------------------------------
"I am a very disciplined student of tai chi but I am currently hooked on nitrous oxide and scotch and my practice has suffered" - Eddie Pepitone

Webby

• Level 4
Re: Briton killed in Magaluf 'bar brawl'
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:02:04 AM »

Another murder in the same vein :

Kelvin Easton, 23, of Tottenham died in the early hours of Sunday ( 27-3-2011 ) morning after being stabbed though the heart with a broken champagne bottle at The Boheme nightclub in Bow. Witnesses described the aftermath as '' pandemonium ''.

Four arrests have been made, but Police are appealing for witnesses.

Webby..   

Hepcat

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 12:27:38 PM »

Ouch!
Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for poutine.
----------------------------------------------
"I am a very disciplined student of tai chi but I am currently hooked on nitrous oxide and scotch and my practice has suffered" - Eddie Pepitone

TLE

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 06:04:15 AM »

From what I understand, a broken jagged beer mug to the face is the modus operondi in British pubs.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 10:27:21 AM »

If this is a real attack (not training) i was imagine lots of damage to blockers hands or what ever is hit-never saw a broken bottle attack but can picture it-WW

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 04:51:00 AM »

WW,
       In the glassing's I've seen the victim normally doe's not have time to react until it's to late. One minute your talking and then bang ! Blindsided.

I saw one once in a pub in Fleet St. London. Guy's on a stag night mucking about, this other guy objected and a war of words broke out. O.k says the objector, fair enough I over reacted. I'll get the beer's in he says. Up comes the round of beer's. Cheers ! Then smash, the objector drove his pint glass and the other guy's glass into the grooms face. Glass, beer, blood everywhere this guy's top lip was hanging underneath his chin. He was due to get married the next day.
I nasty act, let us learn from the mistakes of others. It's never over until it's over.

neljohn

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 02:09:10 AM »

Webby couldn't agree with you more....The importance of awareness... always stay switched on! We know we should but is is possible to switched on all the time when leaving your house? Or are we influenced by the social surroundings. Are we not as switched on walking to Church as we are walking from or to the club?

neljohn

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 04:26:50 AM »

A student asked me '' How do I avoid fights in pub's ? ''. The simple answer is don't go drinking in rough areas. There's always trouble. This like a math's equation :
Alcohol + Poverty x Over use = Violence. In regular pub's avoid heavy topic's of conversation Politics and Religion for example. You and your mates might be o.k with the conversation, but remember it's a public place and people always listen into conversation's. In a crowded bar expect a push or bump don't over react. Give yourself a better look at the bar by sitting or standing with your back to the wall facing the door. You can see who's trouble and who's cool, early while you have space and time to exit. Avoid mixing your drinks and don't over do it. BCS Fig's : In 75% of all beating's in the UK, the victim, the attacker or both were described as being ' drunk ' at the time of the attack..       

Download