W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 26, 2018, 11:03:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dillman kicks groin  (Read 6216 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Dillman kicks groin
« on: April 13, 2011, 11:05:30 AM »

Dillman kicks some poor student in the groin...

See film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtBWagMmJgw&feature=player_embedded#at=246

Canuk

• Level 4
Re: Dillman kicks groin
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 11:36:55 AM »

Looked like a kick more to the Formoral than the groin

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 01:22:52 PM »

Well- was that a earth, metal, wood or a cobigned smack to the cabongas ???-hehehehe

and-were all the toes in a straight line ?

Theres your sign---------WW

Whiskey Jack

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 01:32:48 PM »

"Pericardium, small intestines, heart, and metal" activated?

What is this?  I don't even...

Thanks, Hock, for reminding this poor liberal why he sticks with your group despite politics.  We may disagree on the secular bullshido, but never the metaphysical. :D

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 02:16:36 PM »

Well, the situation is ridiculous...kicking that guy like that. And the people clap at the end?!Dillman is notoious for injuring people in seminars.

But anyway disagreeing on..."secular Bullshido" what does that mean?

Hock
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:58:20 PM by Hock »

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 02:53:45 PM »

Hock- i think whiskey Jack is talking about when certain instructors who are or may be proved liers/criminals (as you said) are talked about-or certain styles are discussed and problems within are brought out-anyway Mr dillmans unexpected kick to the groin was
stupid-JMHO WW

Whiskey Jack

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 03:04:24 PM »

Mostly I meant that while we disagree on politics, we do agree on the stupidity of injecting "magic" into martial arts.  When such things are included as part of a cultural component for a sport art (chi, in a wushu class, or mandinga in a capoeira academy, for example) it's a useful window into the philosophical roots of the art.  But when "magic" is presented as fact to students, I don't place much value on what's being taught.

Snaking someone's arm to escape a simple wrist grab works because of body mechanics, not because your fingers brought about some elemental conjunction that disrupted your opponent's organs from a distance.

As to Mr. Dillman's failure to control himself or to adequately prepare his demo partner, I don't think that needs discussion.  Mistakes happen, but if he has a history of injuring people at his seminars I think that pretty well shows that he's an instructor to avoid.

Keith Miller

• Level 4
  • "Shut the F@*k Up, Donnie!"
    • MMA Fitness Online
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 03:38:57 PM »

Kick me like that, and I'm gonna punch you right in the snot box. I don't care how many belts, meridians, chakras, or nonsence you think you know.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 04:04:08 PM »

Mostly I meant that while we disagree on politics,

I'll bet I will agree with you at least half way. I am really, really pissed at "Republicans." The other half is I am really pissed at freaken Democrats.

More and more I think the only solution is a benevolent dictator. I am depressed and resigned to the "end of times." I hope my time ends before all the others end so at least I don't see it.

Look out! The hate-speech police are coming.

Hock

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 04:23:40 PM »

I have to agree   republican-Democrats- all screwed up-probably the worst in modern history-gives me headache to say the least-
WW

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 04:27:32 PM »

What did the fingers together to release the universal elements have to do with the kick?
The hand BS was a distraction to throw the kick without the student being prepared.
Agreed it was a kick to the high inside femoral .
That was not a knock out either,it was pain.
A knockout would not allow the student to be holding the kicked leg up just before Dillman moves in and starts to apply the magic recovery technique.

This shows you can sell mumbo jumbo BS to the gulible
Why not forget the elements and all the crap talk and show how when grabbed with two hands move in,regrab the inside limb ,pull the limb while kicking into the inside femoral ?
Oh yeah,nothing mystical if that was shown,LOL.

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 05:14:36 PM »

Finally got the video to load. 

I've seen a lot of different strikes using the fingers put together like that, such as crane strikes or chicken beak strikes, but I always figured it was due to the fingers reinforcing each other.  Imagine my surprise when I find out it's all about the elements.  I wish I'd discovered this years ago.

Seriously though, what a load of crap, as so many others have said.  It was definitely less of a knockout and more of a pain response.  There is a nerve cluster inside of the leg in that area, in addition to the femoral, that produces a much more reliable response than a shot to the groin.  When I was doing JKD, we would practice landing pendulum kicks to that area, something that I still do when I'm sparring with someone who is faster than me. 

Dillman is still a fraud, though.  Some people need to believe in magical techniques, I suppose.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 07:21:59 PM »

I wonder if the student was in on it and faked the extreme ache pain and wonderful acting-we will not know-will we???
I went to one of his seminars once-met a couple cops who were ok-but i was not impressed at all with his info being passed out.-WW

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »

i reread the posts from  the past that Hock just posted-dam i read mine-seems i met a couple PO,s who were ok-dillmans techniques did not impress me back then either-
I did try a couple techniques but i dont even remember them these days-oh well- on to next subject...WW@

Mesmeriser

• Level 1
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 08:13:30 AM »

are you fucking kidding.
is he seriously telling people snaking works because of activated elements instead of leveraging or whatever you call the effect of  the circular  dynamic?
how is he selling this to people? i understand people can be gullible enough to go with all that isntant knockout pressure point stuff. but theres a limit to how far you can take magical dimmak and other things... so i tought
he just seems to pull shit out of his ass and make up as he goes in that speech when hes massaging the guy.

anyway ego maniac sitting on his cult chair this is some ridiculous shit,
''i hadnt done a knockout in a while and wanted to try one''
prick

Mesmeriser

• Level 1
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 09:18:48 AM »

these situations always crack me up.

Funny someone mentioned how one-touch knockouts rank along with ice breaking-if I remeber correctly, Dillman's first TV appearance was on an old TV show called "That's Incredible" breaking Ice Slabs......

Just saw the show, they were also talking about "no touch knockouts".  Dillman and his crew were talking about "Chi Balls" and Chi blasts.  They also had Leon Jay and a few others demonstrating the no touch and one touch KOs.  Dillman gave a spiel about "you can put the biggest toughest guy in the world in front of me and I'll drop him to the floor" and several students talking about how after they've seen it demonstrated so many times they now believe in it.  Then they cut to other segements.  When they came back to the testing portion, they had a sceptic scientist stand there, and Leon Jay set up and fired his chi for about 30 seconds.  The scientist didn't feel a thing.  They then cut to Dillman for an explanation.  Dillman offered 3 reasons: 1) the scientist was a "nonbeliever"; 2) that the person could have had their tongue in the wrong place (he actually prefaced this by saying "I don't know if I should say this on TV"-should have followed that thought there.....); and 3) that the toes can actually work as a breaker, that if you have your right toe up and left toe down when he blasts you, then switch when he blasts you again, and keep switching for each blast, you will negate the effect.

Now this all comes several months after a Fox TV affiliate in Chicago went to a local Dillman affiliate instructor to test the one-touch KO.  After watching the mandatory KO demos, they took the head guy down the street to the local BJJ school to try it, and no one got KO'ed.  The instructor then said that the BJJ guys, being in good athlectic shape, had trained themselves to resist the blast.  He then tryed to KO the small female news reporter.  After the failed KO attempt, he asked the reporter if she felt it, to which she said "yeah, you hit me".

The worst thing about this kind of BS is that this is what people think about when you tell them you train/teach martial arts.  This is why people who really could benifit from good CQC training shy away from it and think its useless.  This is the crap image that we have to literally fight against if we want to introduce people to real MA training.  Can't we get these charletans to leave the no touch KOs to the Star Wars movies, and the real self-defense training to those of us who have some kind of clue about what we are talking about.

Joe

Bryant

• Kung Fu Genius
  • Level 3
  • To win in an instant is a superior achievement
    • moy yat ving tsun kung fu
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 09:03:45 PM »

Kick me like that, and I'm gonna punch you right in the snot box. I don't care how many belts, meridians, chakras, or nonsence you think you know.

I am late to this discussion
But I must say the above quote needs to go on a t-shirt immediately...LOL!
Proverbs 27:17 - Proverbs 24:3-4

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 07:20:56 AM »

My question is this-Has anyone seen how many people come to his seminars? A  lot .
Why? (and yes i attended one-never again-guess i wanted to see  for myself)-probably answered my own question-but when i was there i talked to people who have been with him a long time.....WW

Download