Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 21, 2018, 08:19:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: UK Violent Crime Reduction Bill and possible replica ban  (Read 11874 times)

spanky

• Level 3
  • PEACE through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
Re: UK Violent Crime Reduction Bill and possible replica ban
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2006, 08:15:33 PM »

Now that's funny I don't care who you are  ;D ;D ;D

threegun

• Level 3
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2006, 04:54:00 AM »

Bri, Royal commando's against marines, is that fair. How would a brit grunt fair against a navy seal team? The fact that our marines are put up against commando's should tell you something. The way I heard it you brits stopped fighting for a sip of tea and the battle ended before dark anyway LOL.

In my last post I made some very good points which everyone ignored. Having trouble explaining the unexplainable without sounding illogical?

Ninor, You guys carry bullpups nuff said LOL.

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »

and with our bullpups we're still better...imagine what would happen if they gave us real guns? :)
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

Bri Thai

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2006, 07:48:46 AM »

Can you point out the good points?  Its hard to see (or smell) the roses if they're growing in ten tons of shite...... ;D

spanky

• Level 3
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2006, 01:08:10 PM »

I know that the Australians had the best drinking games and they are very, very good at them.  ;D

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2006, 03:00:58 PM »

Spanky,

Yes, it's a great sense of merriment to our troops that our female soldiers always drink the poor Yank guys under the table.

I think the gag was 'what do American beer and making love in a canoe have in common?"  answer "they're both f***ing close to water." ;D

N
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2006, 03:26:41 PM »

I guess that's why it took 28,000 of you to go to Panama to catch one acne scarred tin-pot dictator then?  Even then you ended up using rock music to get him out of his hiding spot.  Perhaps one DJ is then worth 28,000 US troops :)

Mate, seriously, one day you'll have to talk to my ex-Ranger mate who's now in the USSS.  They played some war games with the Aussies wearing mills gear - though outnumbered ten to one the Aussies slaughtered everyone of them and only lost two of their own.

In a memoir by a former VC he said the Australians were the most feared enemy in Vietnam due to their discipline under fire and their refusal to fire a round unless they could see the enemie's nostrils.  If memory serves it was after the battle of Long Tan when 2500 VC attacked an Australian base and got mauled doing so...again, outnumbered 20 to one they only lost eighteen men (60,000 Aussies went to Vietnam in total and we only lost 480 troops)

You really must get out more ;D

N

I'm not sure how much you know about the Panamanian invasion, Ninor, so let me just throw a few things out there.  Even if we were only after one guy, Panama still had an army, and as such, required us to bring ours in.  28,000 is really a drop in the bucket, if you think about it.  Especially with 150,000 in Iraq right now.  That's really only the equivalent of two full infantry divisions.  Just Cause was a spledid exercise in precision attacks, and as I recall, it also really put the Blackhawk helicopter through its paces. 
  I don't know to much about the Aussies, except that my buddies who went over there to train with them had a lot of respect for the paratroopers, which is saying a lot.  Discipline and training is what it is.  I believe that both could be tougher, and need to be tougher in our Army, but I can't do much about that, except to continue to train hard on my own.  Not to take anything away from the Aussies, but I don't have a lot of respect for Miles gear.  But that's just me. 
  As to the Royal Commandos, I know even less about them than i do the Australian troops.  But, perhaps, they were not up against the best in the Marines?
  Ultimately, the bullpup debate comes down to personal preference, just like Glock vs. 1911.

Lastly, I'll put the Aussies or the Royal Commandos up against the 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment any day of the week, and twice on sundays.  GERONIMO!!   ;D

Kent

"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2006, 03:28:46 PM »

Ultimately, the bullpup debate comes down to personal preference, just like Glock vs. 1911

Oops, I realized after I hit the post button that I was on the wrong topic for this.   :o  Imagine my chagrin...attention to detail men!  Stay alert...

Kent

spanky

• Level 3
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2006, 03:37:18 PM »

[
I think the gag was 'what do American beer and making love in a canoe have in common?"  answer "they're both f***ing close to water." ;D

N

I agree with you there and another thing I remember is that the Aussies love of fighting. They fought for fun, exercise and mostly to break up the boredom.

Bri Thai

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2006, 05:23:59 PM »

As to the Royal Commandos, I know even less about them than i do the Australian troops.  But, perhaps, they were not up against the best in the Marines?

No issue Kent.  It was all a long time ago, and I'm just re-assurting other board members that they're not always best at everything...... ;D

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2006, 05:57:30 PM »

No issue Kent.  It was all a long time ago, and I'm just re-assurting other board members that they're not always best at everything...... ;D
  ...That sounds like a false assertion to me... ;D

Kent

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2006, 08:54:20 PM »

Kent,

I know about Panama mate...just when someone starts yanking my chain by claiming it takes however many Aussie soldiers to make up one American I have to yank back ;D

Talking about who's best...if you ever get to the NATO Jungle Warfare training centre in Sth America see who holds the record for taking their team through the fastest and then see who's the slowest.  I think you'd be very surprised.  (Hint, the Legion hold the record for being first)

N

Bri Thai

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2006, 09:28:41 PM »

Aren't the Americans still in there?

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2006, 11:11:28 PM »

Apologies, I meant through the (#$&(@@$#) obstacle course at the training center.

n

threegun

• Level 3
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2006, 05:31:02 AM »

The only records held by the French Army are most and fastest surrender LOL.

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2006, 08:05:42 AM »

The Foreign Legion is not the French Army...you may have noticed the word "Foreign" in there somewhere.  That's because it's comprised of people from other countries (including Americans).  They hold the record (or did at the time...been a long time since I've been there and the last documentary I saw about it was shot in the mid 90s) for getting through the obstacle course in the shortest time...the Americans (won't embarass the unit but will happily send you a copy of one of the programs) hold the record for coming last. :)

I keep telling you, you really must get out more.

N

threegun

• Level 3
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2006, 11:20:07 AM »

It was probably the Americans in the legion that helped it finish first.

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2006, 04:06:30 PM »

Sorry to burst your bubble (yet again), there weren't any in that company.  Only about 20 all told at any given time out of roughly 9,000 guys.  Still, if they were the calibre of the American in the photo on the other thread - you know THE ONE WITH HIS SIGHT ON BACKWARDS - then it's probably a good thing they weren't there. :)

Threegun..mate, you really do need to get out a lot more.  I'm betting you've never been out of the US of A.

Americans are not God's gift to the planet...sorry to disillusion you.  Yes, it's a great country and it has a lot to be proud of but men are men the world over.  It always amazed me to see the new Yanks in the Legion..they strutted round as if to say "let me show everyone how it's done"...a couple of months later after finding guys - yep, even one's born in France - who could out run them, out swim them, out climb them, out shoot them, out drink them, beat their asses in unarmed combat etc etc ad nauseum their attitude had, refreshingly, changed.

N

PS:  Here for example is an excerpt from an article about USA v Australia in swimming.

A rivalry that dates back to the 1924 Olympics has escalated quickly since the 2001 FINA World Championships, when an Ian Thorpe-led Aussie team shocked the world by tallying more gold medals than the Americans. Thorpe dominated the meet, earning six gold medals and setting three world records. Although Team USA won the overall medal count and the team score, the message was clear: Australia had reemerged as a force to be reckoned with.

You won 33 medals total that year, we won eighteen...only here's the kicker, your population is over ten times greater than ours..(roughly 260 million v 20 million).  If you really are so damned amazing how come you didn't win over ten times as many medals???  (this is not just true in swimming by the way but just about every Olympic event)

eagerly awaiting your explanation of this seeming disparity.

threegun

• Level 3
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2006, 06:28:14 PM »

Ninor, We won 103 medals in 2004. This is against the best in the world not just Australia. if you look at the figures Australia is the only country who's medal count out classed countries with much greater populations. Does this signify that your country is better....I don't think so. We did manage to beat your country in the following sports SHOOTING, judo,fencing, boxing,taekwondo,wrestling and even swimming. Remember that in this country the athlete pays their own way. Other nations (I don't know how your country does it) sponsor their athletes. This allows people the luxury of being able to train more frequently than those who have to support themselves and families and also train.

Post some links that compare apples to apples like say a tank competition or sniper competition ect. Not a war game comparing our grunts (probably reservists) with elite foreign soldiers.

BTW, I was just fooling around in the beginning but now its on LOL.

Bri Thai

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2006, 08:04:59 AM »

Remember that in this country the athlete pays their own way. Other nations (I don't know how your country does it) sponsor their athletes.

Really?  So they wear those Nike's for free?

Bri Thai

« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2006, 08:05:56 AM »

Anyway, Ninor's example quite clearly shows that Australians have the biggest feet.  You can't argue with that!

threegun

• Level 3
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2006, 09:40:02 AM »

Most accept donations or save there money to go to the olympics. Some do get endorsments but not like state sponsored people. If you also remember in the past the best athlete's who were considered professionals weren't allowed to compete. Basically our ametuers against others pro's, and we still faired well. Listen all three countries are great but still a step behind this country. Who is second?????UK or Australia???????I don't know because I don't get out very much.

Bri Thai

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2006, 09:56:00 AM »

Aussies and Yanks are merely our rejects anyway.

If their feet were too big, they went to Austraila.  But if their heads were too big.........

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2006, 10:53:38 AM »

Three gun..

Alright, couple more quick points.  No, Australian athletes (nor English) do not receive any govt funding...their training is in their own time on their own dime.  Until 2003 we didn't even have a camp (like the USA does) where the guys could go away to and prepare for competitions.

2nd 

We won 103 medals in 2004. This is against the best in the world not just Australia. if you look at the figures Australia is the only country who's medal count out classed countries with much greater populations. Does this signify that your country is better....I don't think so

Well...it hardly makes us worse!!! ;D

3rd

BTW, I was just fooling around in the beginning but now its on LOL.

I'm still just fooling round dude...do you see those little smiley things in all my posts?  That means it's some friendly banter just like I rag my Yank mates here when we train or hang out.

n

PS:  Here's anothe one for you.  What do you call someone who speaks 3 languages?  Tri-lingual.  What do you call someone who can speak 2 languages?  Bi-lingual.  What do you call someone who can only speak one language?  American. ;D

Bri Thai

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2006, 05:53:06 PM »

I forgot to tell you where we sent the fat ones too.

It wasn't Australia....... ;D

threegun

• Level 3
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2006, 11:13:55 AM »

We certainly know where all the melaninly challenged people reside.....can we say UK. If you are going to the UK bring sun glasses  8)

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2006, 12:56:06 PM »

Good, now can we all have a group hug  :) and go f**k with the real enemy which are those who we've alwasy fought side by side to defeat.

N

threegun

• Level 3
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2006, 12:01:52 PM »

Amen

Bri Thai

« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2006, 12:26:11 PM »

You started it, fat bellied big head! -  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Download