W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 16, 2018, 08:02:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Well - it worked.....  (Read 4033 times)

whitewolf

• Level 4
Well - it worked.....
« on: May 17, 2011, 07:26:37 PM »

;D-Ok so tonight at the end of the class the new Sgt from Ft Campbell wanted to go over some things alone-so after the class ended i took two rubber knives and we went to the floor side by side -each holding the othes knife hand-i then asked him what would he do next-the response was -Go to the mount-i said ok-he went to the mount and i said (as Hock states-now we have two opponents close together and going to kill each other)-I then said this is one way to respond and  we stated over-i took my foot raised it up-kicked- and put it in his throat as i pulled my knife hand away and proceeded to repatedly stab him-
His comments after were- basically Holy shit----they dont show that at all-I said try it u will like it-  Thanks Hock- WW

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: Well - it worked.....
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:55:53 PM »

Cool.
Much of the Army is brainwashed by BJJ, thanks to Larsen.

Hock

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 09:07:26 AM »

To continue-actually when i got to start stabbing i found myself sort of on him at a angle and he was struggling to hold my knife away from his upper chest area-so i took my chest and leaned up against my top of my hand and pushed against it shoving the blade into his body-he was really struggling but the weight of me worked against him-
when the blade was sticking to the chest i was looking into his eyes-what i saw was
surprise-i told him while in that position-start to practice practice practice-

He is going later this year on second deployment -he said he wanted to train as he is against the combatives program and he is in charge of a pathfinder team and wants to
study a more realistic method-R/S WW
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:45:53 AM by Hock »

Keith Miller

• Level 4
  • "Shut the F@*k Up, Donnie!"
    • MMA Fitness Online
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 12:52:41 PM »

All Military guys should be shown that side-by-side series and the Pvt. Ryan Series.

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 03:25:05 PM »

Yep; I run everyone that comes to my class on NAS Meridian through those series of drills. We'll probably end up finishing with the "Private Ryan" series tonight, as a matter of fact.

I love this stuff! ;D

(Plus, I've worked out some easy counters for the bottom-side knife guy on the side-by-side drill!)
"Whether you're paranoid or not, they're coming for you."  - Dawg

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 03:46:20 PM »

The easy counters from the bottom side- sure would like to see that-(dont forget you are a giant)-among us poor smaller ones- ;D-WW

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 05:05:28 AM »

No worries; the counters don't rely on strength and they're pretty easy. Remind me when I come up there and we'll go through the whole series.

BTW, I'm weighing around 215 these days instead of 225, so I'm a little less of a crush factor on my training partners.

Even the little Marines. ;)
"Whether you're paranoid or not, they're coming for you."  - Dawg

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 08:41:17 AM »

Hey 215-dam i can lift u with one hand now=still need a step ladder to reach you though
on a serious note-I watched a old Charles Nelson techinique and it shows how he moves a arm to the side even if a opponent is very stron g and locks his arm out straight-we tried it and--it works-
Glad to learn and practis e the ground stuff-very important to me-stay safe WW

noload

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 06:57:07 PM »

His comments after were- basically Holy shit----they dont show that at all-

I got pretty much the same reaction from a recently separated Army LT a few weeks back. No knives but the guy was clueless to his surroundings (inside and out) and even a plus one scenario stumped him. I asked him about his MACP training and he said it was pretty useless as the classes were big, taught half ass, not realistic and unless you were going into the competitions were mostly a one shot.

He did have one nice take down that worked when I was explaining something else to him and he got cute.  ::)

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 07:17:14 PM »

I was out on the qualification range yesterday with lots of downtime.  I grabbed my squad up while waiting to go fire, and went over some of the basic knife/impact weapons stuff with them.  Started with the basic clock angles, stabbing, slashing, thrusting, and pommel strikes.  We progressed to mixing hand strikes, kicks, and stabs/slashes before it was our turn to go fire.  The rest of the day we spent on close quarters shooting, the commonly practiced "ready-up" drill.  I felt like everything went together pretty well.  I even had my squad going through the block-pass-pin drill, doing the beat one insert with the slash.  It was a good day.

Also, I shot 38 out of 40.   ;D

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 07:19:27 PM »

Noload- from what i see the competative part among units is pushed a  lot- Mr Larson states that helps the soldier a  lot-From my perspective the rules they throw in at the compition meets negates the real world stuff - which is close and kill the enemy-Am i wrong-if so i dont care-I study and teach the only way is to win-at any cost-You want art go to a school that teachs painting- you know also we have discussed this theme a lot here-it will not  do any good -except----for us teachers that work with people who need to know how to over come a opponent and walk away alive -we teach things that will work- stay  safe- WW

Download