W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 24, 2018, 12:32:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: transport of airsoft weapons in the UK  (Read 1414 times)

wvnicholson

• Forum Member
transport of airsoft weapons in the UK
« on: June 09, 2005, 12:16:32 PM »

Does anybody know what the requirements for transporting airsoft pistols are in the UK?  As they are generally more or less realistic imitation firearms, it is not legal to have them out in public.  Is it sufficient to have them hidden away in a sports bag or whatever?  It's been suggested that it might be necessary to have them locked away in a special box or container.  Also, what about use of public transport when going to or from an airsoft venue?  A few months ago, I went to Hock Hochheim's gun sims class in London which used airsoft guns.  I did actually buy a lockable box in advance; as I'd expected to buy an electric airsoft gun at the class.  It turned out that the guns were broken; so I ended up borrowing another gun instead (which was a spring gun I think).  In retrospect, I'm not sure if the lockable box would have been sufficient for transporting an electric airsoft gun if I had got one (although the advice on several airsoft-related sites seem to be that a lockable container is sufficient) or if it's actually doing more than is necessary.
Obviously, in London you have to be careful what you carry around - even a table leg and a Glaswegian accent can get you in trouble,
William

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: transport of airsoft weapons in the UK
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 08:00:50 AM »

Bit of new talk about this in the other UK law thread...

Hock

Download