W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 22, 2018, 10:34:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Pistol Disarm Clock  (Read 5185 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
The Pistol Disarm Clock
« on: May 21, 2011, 11:11:12 AM »

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: The Pistol Disarm Clock
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 12:01:21 PM »

It seems as if I am using this forum like a on line college course-but-
Sense I have been working with the pistol disarms quite a bit and did actually take one away in a real situation -i would have to say that the clock system presented here by Hock is actually a very firm foundation to practise-over and over-(putting the gun on the floor when switchng partners)-moving off the center-grabbing the slide-striking ,then taking wpn-(if the trigger finger is inside the trigger guard -pulling forward and downward till oppnent is close or on floor-(if the gun was not removed)
and continue to complete acions. This can be done-from 12- all the way to 6.this should be practised from outside and inside also. I would also add to tell student he/she  is not trying to beat the trigger pull but to beat the  thought process of the attacker.Waiting for more on the subject-R/S WW

noload

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 03:32:37 PM »

...but the expected demands of learning all these vast and varied disarms placed on practitioners may cloud the fact that in so many of these threat situations, it might be wiser to wait, in the same manner and substance as a SWAT sniper waits for his best moment to shoot. Based on the situation, You might be able to predict your best time to disarm and that might be later.

Fully agree, and in regards to that, one thing I can't ever remember being mentioned in pistol disarm lessons is trigger pull. From my training experience when using actual pistols is that my percentage of success with even getting to the weapon went up or down depending on distance and if the pistol was operating in SA or DA mode. It's a simple thing but I've seen guys forget to consider this one simple variable.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 03:51:41 PM »

Noload -what i am talking about is when shooter is extreamly close to you-I.E. comes up to you at ATM or as you get keys to car in a parking lot and this guy comes around a car near by and is in your face-the wpn is shown-pointed-and you now have to beat his
decision to shoot-lot of varables here-no system is perfect-what is needed is control of yourself and ability to preempt the robber by moving NOW-some say wait-wait for what???Him to put a cap in your ass- ;D-R/S WW

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 04:22:02 PM »

Well, you might wait for him to leave, because 99.9999% of the time, ATM robbers do not hurt or shoot ATM victims. They just get robbed. Which is better than a sharp bullet in the eye.

The gun can and may well go off in an attempted disarm, and that is why the 12 and 6 o'clock angles are better than the sides which there may be people around. You must get off-line. Bullets bounce and go through stuff like ceilings and walls. It will always suck.

Through the years on the blog we have covered stories and photos about people holding weapons while they are fired with little to no hand injury.

I took a revolver from a guy who fired it off in the disarm process and though my hand was very near the cylinder of the gun, the flash was so instantaneous that nothing happened to my hand. It must have fired just before I actually grabbed it. (My right forehead though was very close to the blast and when it was over, I had broken blood vessels in star patterns on my skin.) The sound was staggering.  

All these are highly situational and always dangerous.

Hock
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 04:25:00 PM by Hock »

noload

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 06:19:48 PM »

Noload -what i am talking about is when shooter is extreamly close to you-I.E. comes up to you at ATM or as you get keys to car in a parking lot and this guy comes around a car near by and is in your face-the wpn is shown-pointed-and you now have to beat his
decision to shoot-lot of varables here-no system is perfect-what is needed is control of yourself and ability to preempt the robber by moving NOW-some say wait-wait for what???Him to put a cap in your ass- ;D-R/S WW

So you're going to somehow go from a ready condition where you missed the guy hiding by a car, missed his approach and let him get in your face with a gun, to one where you're going to preempt him? OK, it could happen and has happened, but in that scenario you're starting out so far behind the curve that unless you're very highly trained or have good instinct & reflexes (in other words not the average bear) is it the right choice?

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 08:13:52 PM »

Noload--i understand what u r saying but ---many strong armed robberies are commited
from a close position-i.e. sitting on the subway and a robber sits beside you-its very close-side by side/also many many people freeze-hock will testify to that i think-
one has to train for the unexpected. In any event training for this will not hurt at all-R/S WW

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 05:19:20 PM »

‎In regards to trigger pull and shooting "bystanders"

6 o'clock brings the gun downward.
12 up (bullets through the ceiling?)
And bullets can bounce.

People are usually 3 to 9 o'clock.

But all these are highly, highly situational and always dangerous.

Hock

Download