W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 26, 2018, 07:03:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tactical Crayon  (Read 5788 times)

JohnS

• Level 2
Tactical Crayon
« on: June 02, 2011, 10:30:18 AM »

Why dont the people that manufacture tactical pens try to be more discreet in the way they package them?A friend of mine works for TSA out of JFK.They are hip to the tactical pen scene.That six inch pen is going in the bin for sure.The one that says Name of Gun company Striker.Are pens going to be automatically classified as deadly weapons/dangerous instruments?Posession of pens and pencils are prohibited.Tactical Crayola?

Benjamin Liu

• Level 4
Re: Tactical Crayon
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 08:06:36 PM »

It isn't just pens.  Many of the "non-weapon weapons" I've seen sold have stupid slogans or the company markings on them so anyone can tell what they are.  One company has a change wallet where the pocket for the change is on one side so the wallet can be used as a sap.  The problem is the logo of the company is printed in really big letters.  A popular fighting cane company puts their logo on their canes so anyone checking to see if it is a fighting cane will know it is, assuming the sharp points and tactical grips won't give it away first. 

These devices and the strange tendency to defeat the purpose of a "non-weapon weapon" really isn't very different from the trend in the 1980s to paint any object black and write "ninja" on it, as if the word "ninja" wouldn't be a clue that it was a weapon. 

noload

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »

I've noticed that the TSA is onto most items that martial artists like to try to sneak aboard.

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 10:07:32 PM »

I think the best thing to do would be to know how to use the objects at hand.  I once saw an article about using a soda can as an impact weapon.  There are plenty of objects that can be legally taken aboard an airplane that will serve as an improvised weapon, even against boxcutters.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 07:27:57 AM »

I cant remember where but some one said for a great weapon-go into the lavratory on the plane- cover the glass with cloth(shirt) break the mirror and you have a jagged weapon- very sharp -wrap part of it in the shirt ,sweater etc etc.-WW

noload

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 10:08:55 AM »

Not sure, but I think they've taken care of that.
On my last plane trip I noticed one boy crushing his brother's tiny bag of pretzels as a prank. When his brother got back and opened the package they went all over. I figured the powdered pretzels and salt could be used to toss into someones eyes.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 02:38:27 PM »

Noload- are you talking about shatterproof glass?
OK_another thought-when you go back to rear of plane and use the Lavratory-right beside it  is the area for heating the food/getting drinks-lots of expedient wpns there right in view-also wheni last flew Lavtansa (German) if i remember it right they issued
real silverware-
WW

ragsbo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 06:12:22 PM »

Go to Wal-Mart and buy a Zebra 701 ink pen. It is metal and will do what you need to do. It is cheap enough that if you lost it it would not break the bank. Also it is just and ink pen. Also you know those large plastic stick pens; they will do wonders on someone too= and won't set off the dang metal detector. What I always tell folks is to learn techniques like where to poke someone for the best result= then look for something handy to poke them with. It isn't so much what you poke them with it is where and how you poke them. Your brain is the weapon; everything else is just a tool.

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 08:28:57 PM »

Your brain is the weapon; everything else is just a tool.

This month's tattoo quote?

Dawg likes! ;D

"Whether you're paranoid or not, they're coming for you."  - Dawg

ragsbo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 04:24:48 PM »

Dawg likes! ;D

Actually sort of borrowed it from the Marines; ONE MIND, ANY WEAPON.

Adventure

• Level 4
    • Stay Alive Program inc.
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 08:59:33 PM »

Dawg likes! ;D

Actually sort of borrowed it from the Marines; ONE MIND, ANY WEAPON.

Great Quote. I like it & will use it.

WTAC

• Aaron Warren
  • Level 2
    • WTAC Training
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 05:13:57 PM »

I carry a Surefire E2D on flights all the time. I have never had a problem. It's a small powerful light and it has pokey things on the end. But you can't write with it,lol.
Aaron

Download