W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 21, 2018, 08:08:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bringing the ring to a street fight.  (Read 3734 times)

noload

• Level 4
Bringing the ring to a street fight.
« on: August 13, 2011, 03:19:03 PM »

One of my son's friends is big into MMA (as in training and competing). I've talked with this kid before and he asked me what's the difference between what I do and what he does, to which I explained that what he calls cheating is what I call my opening move. Anyway...
Well this strapping lad got into it with someone on Facebook and they decided to meet and settle it like men. My son's friend let a few people know so they could come watch, the other guy let a few of his friends know so they could come as backup. Needless to say that as soon as my son's friend started winning the other guy's friends jumped in and beat the snot out of Mr. MMA. The funny part is he still thinks he won even though the other guy was uninjured and he got a broken nose and ribs and looks like hell. He is also banned from the mall where they decided to fight. He got lucky that mall security decided not to push it and get LE involved.
Gotta love the myopic view that some people have of real world violence.

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
Re: Bringing the ring to a street fight.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 04:26:57 PM »

can't fix stupid.
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 05:37:41 PM »

Did he eat paint chips as a child? 

Why not bring enough friends, who are of the type, to keep the other side honest?

Some days I'd like to settle things like this.  Then reality intrudes.  I still wish I could drag some NCOs out to the woodline for a little thumping.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 09:04:15 PM »

The funny part is he still thinks he won even though the other guy was uninjured and he got a broken nose and ribs and looks like hell. He is also banned from the mall where they decided to fight. He got lucky that mall security decided not to push it and get LE involved.

This is the problem, not the lesson learned from a beating and forgetting the the gym is a game and the street is real.   If you think you won...

you can't fix stupid.
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Adventure

• Level 4
    • Stay Alive Program inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 10:48:58 PM »

Hock - you need a "LIKE button" on the forum so we can like certain post. Like on FB. 

Adventure

• Level 4
    • Stay Alive Program inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »

The funny part is he still thinks he won even though the other guy was uninjured and he got a broken nose and ribs and looks like hell. He is also banned from the mall where they decided to fight. He got lucky that mall security decided not to push it and get LE involved.

This is the problem, not the lesson learned from a beating and forgetting the the gym is a game and the street is real.   If you think you won...

you can't fix stupid.

noload

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 07:03:55 PM »

Why not bring enough friends, who are of the type, to keep the other side honest?

That worked when I was a kid and a teen, but back then most of those started face to face and not over the internet. So if you were out numbered you'd avoid the fight, if your friends were there as backup you might take it. These days some of these kids don't have that mindset.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 07:43:23 PM »

No load- check out th vidio i put up oncitizen self defense- WW

JohnS

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 07:21:46 AM »

I used to like to watch MMA...but it has given a lot of young men in the bars a casual attitude towards physical violence.Tapout shirt equals trouble...not everyone fights fair.Some cheat...

Download