General Category > Business For All Martial / Police / Military Instructors

First aid kit

(1/4) > >>

seanross:
Today, during my morning class in which we were covering level 5 UC and doing some sparring, one of the fellows decided to do a take down and both combatants crashed into the wall.  They were about to continue on the ground and then I noticed blood all inside one of the guys hockey helmets so I stopped the fight and we attended to the 3/8" cut he got on his chin when his head smashed into the wall.  I was caught without a first aid kit and we had to scramble a bit.

My question is:  What do you all think is a good list of stuff to put in a fight first aid kit?

Milldog1776:

--- Quote from: seanross on June 28, 2005, 01:13:26 PM ---My question is:  What do you all think is a good list of stuff to put in a fight first aid kit?

--- End quote ---

Start with a good bucket
duct tape
popcicle sticks
a few pipe cleaners maybe
mineral spirits
and lye  :D

Seriously...Just go and buy one of those big kits at Sam's club or Costco. They have everything in them!! There are some nice ones at Target also. Remember...you aren't doing triage, just patching them up till they can get somewhere else.

Professor:

--- Quote from: Milldog1776 on June 28, 2005, 02:38:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: seanross on June 28, 2005, 01:13:26 PM ---My question is:  What do you all think is a good list of stuff to put in a fight first aid kit?

--- End quote ---

Start with a good bucket
duct tape
popcicle sticks
a few pipe cleaners maybe
mineral spirits
and lye  :D

Seriously...Just go and buy one of those big kits at Sam's club or Costco. They have everything in them!! There are some nice ones at Target also. Remember...you aren't doing triage, just patching them up till they can get somewhere else.

--- End quote ---

I know that it may sound silly, but get the phone numbers (in addition to 911) of your local police, sheriff, fire department, etc. and put it in the kit.....also, if you are the owner, instructions to call you if the kit is used.

Hock:
...and get Training Mission 7! Gun 7 is Tactical Medicine where a tactical EMT covers how to take regular items in a home or business and in the field and turn them into first aid.

I did see quite a first kit for sale at Sam's a while back!

Hock

misshinryu:
How about this scenario;
You are on your back while one of your students is on top of you while both of you are viciously going for eyes or throat. Then you you notice that he is bleeding from your simulated eye gouge and it is dripping on your eyelid. :o
Eye wash

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version