W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 20, 2018, 11:15:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stabbed Over iPod  (Read 1440 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Stabbed Over iPod
« on: July 04, 2005, 08:34:45 AM »

Boy, 15, Stabbed, Dies in Dispute Over an iPod

NEW YORK (July 3) - Two teenagers were under arrest Sunday on suspicion of killing another teen for his iPod portable music player, police said. The boys were facing charges of murder, robbery and weapons possession in the death of 15-year-old Christopher Rose, police said.

Rose and three friends were accosted by a group of young men Saturday evening in Brooklyn, police said.

Members of the group demanded Rose's iPod and stabbed him twice in the chest when he resisted. The group fled, taking Rose's iPod and a backpack, police said.

Rose's relatives spoke to a The New York Times at a family gathering Saturday night.

"My cousin today got murdered over some stupid iPod."
-Koreena Glanville, quoted in The New York Times   

"My cousin today got murdered over some stupid iPod," Koreena Glanville, 21, told The Times.

"We sent him to school in Pennsylvania so he wouldn't get involved in this," his father, Errol Rose, told the newspaper.

Police also have reported a wave of iPod robberies on city subways, saying in April that 50 iPods had been stolen this year, compared to none over the same period last year.

Authorities believe that most robbers kept the devices, which can retail for about $100 to $500, for personal use rather than selling them.

Planetkillr

• Statesboro,Ga.
  • Level 1
  • Tim Platt
    • Statesboro Karate: Statesboro,Ga.
Re: Stabbed Over iPod
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 06:48:18 PM »

Very sad....

As a police officer I see many similar type situations and there is never a "Bright Side" to these type incidents. Thankfully I live in rural Georgia (USA) and these type situations do not occure as often as they do in larger citys. I worry for the safety of my family constantly. With people, kids, who would kill for something like a ipod it's no wonder that I worry.
"War is'nt about who's right, it's about who's left."

mleone

PSP is next
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 03:26:47 PM »

Im not surprised ever since Apple gave rights to hewlett packard kids are stealing them at schools.
The playstation PSP is next a 300 dollar value. Parents buy this stuff for the kids because they want to be the hot one on the block. Untill the bully around the corner gets wind of it. My nephew got his PSP stolen all because another kid ask if he could see it. Then ran off with it. I blame my brother in law for not letting the kid know the value of such a electronic device. Or perhaps not instilling some common sense.

Download