W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 27, 2018, 02:35:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Insurance for CCW  (Read 2711 times)

Hawkeye

• Level 1
Insurance for CCW
« on: February 24, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »

I live in Wisconsin and just a few months ago, we finally have a CCW permit system for civilians. If licensed, a civilian can carry a handgun, knife, electric weapon (tazer, stun gun, etc) or a baton. Previous to the CCW permit, NONE of these items could be carried by a civilian. Electric weapons couldn't even be owned.

For those that don't know me, I'm a police officer in a city of a little over 100,000. Impossible to say for sure because of the large amount of illegal immigrants. A lot more people will now be carrying a weapon of some type.

Since I will be a civilian again some day, I decided to get my CCW permit just because. That got me thinking about insurance. We buy insurance for our home, business, car, etc. How about for using a gun in self-defense? I searched around and found this place https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/
that seems to have some good resources for carrying a concealed weapon. Their main thing though is insurance; up to $300,000 in coverage if use your weapon in self-defense and are sued or charged criminally.

Does anyone have insurance of this nature? Do you think it's worth it?

My thought is, whenever I'm not in uniform and working, I'm a civilian. Meaning no legal help from my Dept. With insurance of this nature, at least I would have some help if I ever had to use a gun for self defense in an off-duty setting.

Any opinions?

Adventure

• Level 4
    • Stay Alive Program inc.
Re: Insurance for CCW
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 07:17:22 PM »

I am concidering this also.

I posted something around here asking about this.

Adventure

Here it is: http://hockscombatforum.com/index.php/topic,8396.0.html

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 07:42:20 PM »

Umbrella liability policy
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Hawkeye

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 07:45:04 PM »

Sorry all, I didn't do a search first. I usually don't have luck with them so didn't bother.

Adventure,
I signed on for their 1 month trial for $7.00. Got a couple issues of their magazine and several download versions of some of their training material. Not bad for 7 bucks. Just don't know if I'm all in to get the insurance.

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 12:00:48 AM »

My gun is my insurance.   8)
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 03:49:00 AM »

Never heard of insurance  for a CCW here in Tn-as the professor said wpn is the insurance-just dont be stupid in waiving it it around and you get cited for unlawful threat to someone you just dont like-as a former FBI
who i worked for once said-if you take it out you have to use it......
Granted by showing it in a dangerous situation will get you out of harms way that is a judgement call on your part. WW

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 05:03:18 AM »

"My gun is my insurance."

Speaking of which...did you ever finish "My Gun Is My Passport?"

Hock

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 07:46:51 AM »

"My gun is my insurance."

Speaking of which...did you ever finish "My Gun Is My Passport?"

Hock

Yes, I DID!   I owe you a review.   Great book!   Now for the western book awards for future books - they probably didn't like this one (good).   

Character has a great future!
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 11:58:32 AM »

Yes the book must occur "in the west." and since mine happens in India and Afghanistan, I could not enter the contest, but readers complained...to no avail. Like this pro book reviewer..

"... The action scenes are well done and the extensive running battle scenes are some of the best I’ve read. Additionally, it is indeed pleasant to read a “Western that is not the usual “Western”. The Western Writers of America constantly mention the fact that “something ‘new’ should be brought into Western Literature to help revitalize the genre”. Well here is something ‘new’.
I don’t know whether this book was entered into their yearly Award Contest, but certainly does provide that ‘different element’ to which they so often refer. However, to reiterate, it is soooo nice to read a “Western” where the usual sheriff is not taming a town, the ranch hand is not saving the ranch from unscrupulous persons or the rustlers have to be stopped. The overall story is so generally well handled that I believe readers will thoroughly enjoy this departure from the “usual western” read. - John Manhold

http://www.hockscqc.com/shop/product465.html

Download