W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 19, 2018, 02:58:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Need some MAC-10 help  (Read 2764 times)

redfive

• Level 3
Need some MAC-10 help
« on: March 19, 2012, 08:25:23 PM »

Iv always herd of them, but have never seen one in person until know. Im exchanging some electrical work in trade for one. Its a RPB MAC-10 45cal. Has 4 30rnd mags and a second stage suppressor or barrel extension? Thats the first question. How do you know if its a silencer/ suppressor or extension. its loud when I shot it. but a little quieter then when i shot it whithout the what ever it is. The manual that I finally found in the case, behind the foam, said that if its loud or you run 500 rounds or so through it. That you need to unscrew the end cap and replace it? The end cap does appear to come off, but i havent messed with it and if so where would I get a replacement thingy. So is it really a suppressor based on this? Second is that before I found the manual. I messed with the Mac for 10 minutes, trying to figure out why I couldnt get the bolt. back. Turns out you have to turn the little knob thing on the bolt lever. Then it took about 20 minutes of looking and fooling with the Mac to figure out why the bolt stayed open when I got the mag in place. OK, open bolt. Never herd of that one. Nearly shit my self when it went off, while im stairing at the rounds in the mag. So the second question would be what is the purpose of the open bolt. I wish I would have found the manual first. This thing is a widow maker without it.  When was this thing made? Its hardly ever been shot. Was under my friends dad's bed for the last 18 years. He got it some years before that.  It is a blast to shoot though. It is a simi auto, but it has a booklet with it that shows how to make it fully auto or you can trim the ammo casings to make it run fully auto. Your thought on this gun would be helpful and insightful.

Redfive

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
Re: Need some MAC-10 help
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »

You need a federal tax stamp for a suppress/silencer.  Sounds like a fake - but he fines are huge if you don't know.....

Now do some checking.
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

redfive

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:36:36 AM »

O BOY. The only stamps i have are a book of the forever stamps from the post office. So think when I get the gun I'll let Arnold look at it. He is good with these types of things. I'll just make sure to keep the ammo away from him. Dont wont any dead chickens.

Redfive

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 08:18:37 AM »

99% sure that it's a fake suppressor, due to the cost, unless you do REALLY good electrical work.
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

redfive

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 10:52:13 AM »

Its an involved job, but fairly easy. Changing out a old Federal Pacific 175 amp service panel. I can do them for around $1000. Using a new Square D panel and breakers. Takes about six hours or so. Most companies are $2500 and up. Lucky me, no overhead or employees to worry about. From what Iv seen from the Mac 10 simi, open bolts, they go from around $1000- $3000. So its sounds good to me. Plus the fact that I just wont the damn thing. Thats why I wonted some input , because I dont know to much, well anything about these types of guns. Used to have a tek - 9 back in the days. Now that was a hunk of shit. But this little Mac shot great and never jammed

Redfive 
ps. O I do really good electrical work and HVAC. My work is my signiture. Now that I retired from the City I can really take my time and do the work the way that it should be done and take the time to do the details. Looks great, safe and to code.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:57:16 AM by redfive »

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 05:08:46 AM »

Do not get caught with a silencer! If it is a barrel extension it will in the case of the 45 acp make it quieter. A suppressor is a different story as all sorts of high power rifles have them, weather for flash or muzzle blast. With a true silencer you could stand to the side of the weapon being fired without hearing protection and hear the bolt cycle. Do not ask any local law enforcement as you may get your ass in hot water. Now that that gun out and shoot!
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Download