W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 16, 2018, 08:02:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Knife Attacks and Knife Fights  (Read 4610 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Knife Attacks and Knife Fights
« on: July 09, 2005, 07:45:29 AM »

I think, rather than me continue to add new topics each time I come upon a knife attack/fight, I will just add it onto this column. This way we will have one thread to look at.

I think that the true case histories, both police/criminal and military are fantastic sources of knowledge upon which to base training on. Over time it might be great place to refer to....

Hock

PS- Oh, and not for just me to add to...you all also!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 10:26:05 PM by HockHoch@aol.com »

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: Knife Attacks and Knife Fights
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 08:04:51 AM »

Clothing gets in the way...

Christian Slater escapes knife attack in London January 25, 2005 - 1:16AM

American actor Christian Slater has escaped a knife attack after a performance of his show in London's West End.

Slater, 35, has been starring in a stage version of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at the Gielgud Theatre, which ended a three-month season on Saturday.

Media reports said Slater's bodyguard took the brunt of the knife attack, which occurred outside the theatre.

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said police were called to Shaftsbury Avenue in the heart of London's theatreland at 11pm on Friday evening after reports of an attempted stabbing.

"A 44-year-old man was attacked by a knife which luckily did not penetrate his skin but only his clothes," she said, adding that a knife was recovered from the scene and that police are continuing to investigate.

The New York-born Slater, star of films True Romance and Interview with the Vampire, made his UK stage debut last August when One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest played during the Edinburgh Film Festival, before moving to London.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 08:07:46 AM »

Using that knife against an unarmed attack

Man imprisoned for knife attack 

The court heard that Atkinson attacked his victim with a penknife.
A knife attacker has been jailed for four-and-a-half years after he stabbed a man who had punched him. Alexander Atkinson wounded his victim five times with a penknife, resulting in him having to undergo surgery.

The 27-year-old was originally charged with attempting to murder Richard Powell on 16 March this year at Meal Vennel, in Perth.

But the Crown accepted his guilty plea of assault to severe injury and to the danger of his life. Lord Wheatley told Atkinson at the High Court in Edinburgh: "As you will be aware this was a serious and potentially fatal assault with a knife."

The judge said he had "a horrendous criminal record", although he accepted it was mostly for offences of dishonesty.

Punched on head
He said that if Atkinson had pleaded not guilty and been convicted after a trial he would have jailed him for six years. Advocate depute Alastair Kennedy said the victim was well-known to Atkinson.

He said that on the morning of the attack, Mr Powell was at Perth Sheriff Court along with a number of other witnesses and afterwards had drank cans of lager outside. Atkinson met up with him at about midday and the pair had an argument. They went their separate ways but later met and the row flared up.

Mr Powell punched Atkinson on the head and he reacted by pulling out the knife, with a two-inch blade, and repeatedly stabbed him. Atkinson was seen to put an object in a wheelie bin, which was later recovered and found to be the knife.

Mr Powell was taken to hospital in Dundee by ambulance and found to have lost 1.7 litres of blood. He underwent surgery and spent 12 days in hospital.

Mr Kennedy said the victim's injuries were described as life-threatening and added that he could have died without medical treatment.  Atkinson was later traced and during an interview with police confirmed that he had used the penknife after his victim punched him on the back of the head.

tlouis

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 09:23:26 AM »

it amazes me the number of people that think just because somebody starts getting physical with them, they  can respond with lethal force. Sort of a self righteous, hey, i didn't start it attitude. man, if you carry a lethal weapon you had better be one mature son of a bitch or you might be showering with bubba for a long time.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 11:24:07 AM »

Whoops! Another one of those so-called "impossible" knife disarms!

Woman Wakes To Find Man With Knife To Her Throat
POSTED: 7:44 am CDT July 6, 2005

MERRIAM, Kan. -- Police are investigating a home invasion Monday night near 49th and Wedd streets. Investigators said that just before midnight, the homeowner and his wife were sleeping when a man broke in through the back door. Police said he took food from the kitchen and began eating it in the living room.

When the husband got up to investigate the noise, the intruder made his way to the bedroom and held a knife to the wife's throat. The husband went back to the bedroom and hit the suspect with a club and the wife wrestled the knife away.

This man is wanted in a home invasion in Merriam. The man ran off with some cash. The couple was not hurt.

Police described the intruder as a white man in his late 20s or mid-30s. He stood about 5-feet-10 and weighed about 180 pounds. He was stocky and well-tanned. He may have injuries to his face, head or throat, investigators said.

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 01:01:16 PM »

This was breaking news this morning and I don't have more details yet...

a man walked into the local hospital this morning and stabbed a new born in the back and walked out.  He's been apprehended.

N

PS:  Belay my last...updates now have it as he stuffed the kid in a sack and tried to steal him.  It's his child but child services have taken his others and he was worried they'd take this one as well.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 04:48:30 PM by Ninor »
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

tlouis

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 07:57:32 AM »

its amazing how many SD people out there make it sound impossible to survive a knife attack, yet there are countless episodes of people doing exactly that. In Chicago about 6 months ago a serial rapists was apprehended after he tried a knife point to drag a young women into an alley. She used an eye gouge to free herself and the guy was cauhgt soon after. About 4 months ago a pregnant women was attacked with a knife and disarmed the attacker and survived..  IMO,The attitude that facing any weapon is hopeless is riduculous.

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 01:20:20 PM »

tlouis,

I agree with you...not hopeless at all...I've done it during my time on the door etc.

Having said that most rapists/muggers are using the knife as a threat to gain victim cooperation, and they're intent is not to hurt/kill the other person.

Little bit different in a prison/gang fight/biker bar scenario where the attacker is out to kill the other person.  Intent is everything.
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

cgonzales

• Level 3
  • NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 07:13:57 PM »

intent is everything. for the victims too. i intend to live and i intend to take away the knife/gun/club. i just wish more people would intend not to be victems.
"HE THAT HATH NO SWORD, LET HIM SELL HIS GARMENT AND BUY ONE."
Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36)

tlouis

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 03:08:54 PM »

Yea, Ninor, i agree. When assassination is the motive, i would imagine the odds of survival go down dramatically. you can't get that moment of distraction you look for when the knife is used as a threat.

Download