W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 17, 2018, 05:02:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Glock Grabbed  (Read 1524 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Glock Grabbed
« on: October 15, 2012, 12:03:47 PM »

Glock, grabbed. I guess we still need to keep spreading film clips of people grabbing semi-autos while they are bring fired. There are still many out there who think they: a) lose their hand, b) get severely burned, c) etc. etc. (thanks to Peter Freedman)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QLaWL2PtNQ

Hock

RevBodhi

Re: Glock Grabbed
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »

I guess I find this issue disturbing that it is even an issue.  The majority of sidearms use anemic rounds for their recoil system of operations (a few smaller calibers in full sized frames use the blow-back means of operating their auto-loading function).

A single round fired does not generate enough heat-energy to make its way to heating up the slide.  The casing will be a tad hot if it happens to slip down the shirt next to bare skin.  But with the hand covering the ejection port as in this video, the casing will merely cause a feeding malfunction to the weapon's cycle of operations similar to a "double-feed."  That's more of a problem in a real world setting for the shooter than the "grabber" getting burned.

The majority of the gases and fouling from these recoil systems exit the muzzle and not the side ejection port, anyway.  There is no where else for the gases to go in a well made system as this Glock, or Sig, or Ruger, or S&W M&P.

Rapidly empty several full sized, double-stacked magazines (32-48 rounds) through this weapon's system, and then attempt to grab the slide in the same spot, and you will not like grabbing hold of that Glock then.

My issue IS: If people do not know the full functioning, malfunctioning and systems' nuances of any weapon they attempt to use or counter have no business teaching anything about that weapon--either its use or counter use.  And to make bogus claims about auto-loader handguns is a dead give away for any prospective student to run away from this so-called instructor as fast as you can.

That's like the idiot who jams the muzzle of his 1911 Government model into the torso of an adversary ready to tear him to shreds and wonders why his weapon won't shoot.  It's simply out of battery from the muzzle being depressed too forcefully into the torso.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:47:04 PM by RevBodhi »

Download