W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• March 22, 2018, 12:26:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Way of the Kitchen Knife  (Read 1530 times)

• Administrator
  • Level 4
The Way of the Kitchen Knife
« on: March 20, 2013, 01:24:39 AM »

The Way of the...KITCHEN Knife!
When things go bump in your night? What do you have? I do feel sorry for you if you cannot feel the soothing heft of at very least a pistol in your vulnerable hand at that primal moment. But, never mind that whole no-gun-thing right now because I actually want to talk to you about knives, not guns. Specially kitchen knives.

See the 17 March entry:

• Level 4
Re: The Way of the Kitchen Knife
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 10:17:13 AM »

Nice observations Hock, you always cut to the not so obvious but clearly obvious points

• Level 4
Re: The Way of the Kitchen Knife
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:01:20 AM »

I lived alone in a large house in a small village for awhile. One night very late I walked though the area, not a soul in sight. Got to my house and opened the door. Inside I walked into the kitchen. No-one was home and I have no pets so I was expecting silence. I suddenly felt a presence, some movement where there should have been no movement. In a flash I grabbed a kitchen knife laying on the counter and span around. Heart pounding and ready to do battle. I looked down and.....a tiny kitten had followed me into the house as I had let myself in. Poor little thing. I feed it some milk and found the owner the next day. I was pleased that the training had kicked in, my reaction was fast and smooth. If it had been a real bad guy he would have had a very nasty night. But I had a good laugh at myself for letting the thing in. Kitchen knifes a weapon of instinct. Also the most popular murder weapon in the UK according to The British Crime Survey.