W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 27, 2017, 06:32:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Drop Dead Gun  (Read 680 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
The Drop Dead Gun
« on: May 08, 2016, 09:46:29 AM »

“If I die in combat zone. Box me up and ship me home.”

"You’ve all heard that ditty? Maybe you haven’t? It comes for most as a cadence –  a song – we all sang while marching and running in the military. It has been bastardized, or satired and altered for various messaging. One paraphrased version we don’t see much anymore but old-timers will remember, was popularized on some t-shirts and posters years back. It was about dying in a combat zone and having your gear split up, the words accompanied by art of a rip-shirt, commando. This splitting-up is a very good idea for several reasons, but I don't think the commandment reaches deep enough in citizen and police training methodology.

There are numerous, vitally important, physical, survival things you cannot and will not learn or get to do, if you decide to forever shoot on a paper target range and consider that the end-all to gun-fighting. One such subject is what to do about a “drop dead gun,” or the dropped gun. Dropped by a wounded or dead person. You can lecture on this, show charts, and talk it up, you can put various kinds of guns in various conditions on a bench at the shooting range and make people pick them up and shoot them (which has been done forever), but the true savvy and timing of doing this pick up inside a hot under-fire, being-bunted situation is hardly practiced on the range.

Technically, this is weapon recovery. Weapon recovery is..."

Click here for the rest:   http://www.forcenecessary.com/the-drop-dead-gun/

Mr. Barnett

• Level 4
Re: The Drop Dead Gun
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 02:24:13 PM »

That is an O-Shit moment if there ever was an O-Shit moment.  loose gun on the floor in a fight.  If the word SHIT is not orally and nostill-y coming out of your body, you may not have seen the gun yet.  Move and shoot baby, move and shoot.
-The natural right of self-defense permits us to oppose an enemy with the same arms he uses, and to make his own rage and folly recoil upon himself-

usks1

• Level 4
  • Don't tell me.. show me..
    • U.S. Karate
Re: The Drop Dead Gun
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 02:36:00 AM »

Hey G.... What is going on? Give me a call I lost your number..

Sorry folks.. :-)
" I see people doing all kinds of crazy stuff.. Eatin razor blades and sh--t.. But I wanna know.. Can he fight?? "

Moses Powell ( RIP ) - The warrior within

Download