W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 20, 2018, 11:40:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Knives & Kids  (Read 5219 times)

Joe Hubbard

• London, England
  • Level 4
  • Transforming the Esoteric with the Exoteric!
    • www.functionalfighting.com
Knives & Kids
« on: October 21, 2004, 04:02:36 AM »

The other night the BBC’s Panorama aired a show on Knife Crime in the UK.  Statistics reveal that one in every three young men between the ages of 14-25 carry knives for either “jacking” or “personal protection” purposes.  One CCTV scenario showed a 15-year-old chase someone down and hack his victim repeatedly with a machete.  The amount of knife attacks that occur are now being suppressed (and many are unreported) by the police because there has been a new shift towards thwarting gun crime.  However, knife attacks still outnumber gun attacks exponentially in the UK.  Apparently last year there were 2 fatal knife attacks per week across the UK.

Cheers

Joe
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side"

Hunter S. Thompson

www.joehubbardstreetsurvival.com

Visit My Blog: http://joehubbard.wordpress.com

argyll

• Monkey at Arms
  • Forum Member
Re: Knives & Kids
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 03:27:04 PM »

Here's a link to the story Joe was talking about.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/3748510.stm

Best regards,

Argyll
Wha's like us? Damn few and they're a' deid!

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 11:23:05 PM »

The other night the BBC’s Panorama aired a show on Knife Crime in the UK.  Statistics reveal that one in every three young men between the ages of 14-25 carry knives for either “jacking” or “personal protection” purposes.  One CCTV scenario showed a 15-year-old chase someone down and hack his victim repeatedly with a machete.  The amount of knife attacks that occur are now being suppressed (and many are unreported) by the police because there has been a new shift towards thwarting gun crime.  However, knife attacks still outnumber gun attacks exponentially in the UK.  Apparently last year there were 2 fatal knife attacks per week across the UK.

Cheers

Joe

Joe,

I had a bumper sticker a number of years ago that read:  "If you take away our guns, can we use our swords?"

Ya'll have gone much further down that slippery road that we have been...In Texas, and other places in the US, we are slowly fighting to provide citizens with a much better opportunity for them to defend themselves and it's proving to work.

"An armed society is a polite society"

Throughout the world, Texas is thought to be the wild west where everyone has a gun.....not a bad image in my opinion....it keeps out the goblins.

'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

kamagong

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 09:09:57 PM »

Hey Joe!  I had read a few years back that the UK has some of the strictest gun and knife laws there are.  Since the ban of guns, how dramatically has the rise of knife attacks risen?  How high has the attacks with impacting weapons (sticks, pool cues, bats, sledge hammer handles, etc.) gone up exactly?  I have had quite a few people here use the UK and Canada as examples for banning firearms.  I have always felt that human nature being what it is if we can't shoot each other we'll cut each other, if we cant do that, we'll club each other.

Oh, by the way Jeff, I like your catch phrase.  Here's another one for you, advice for wizards:

"Never conjure anything bigger than your head."

A life lived without a few scars is a wasted life.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 07:52:59 AM »

That was in 2004. Apparently knife crime is still a concern, as many of the other posts here will attest.

Hock

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 06:08:26 PM »

Hey Webby=give us some of your info on the knife culture-WW

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 08:49:20 AM »

The best source of knife crime UK Info is The Official Home Office website that's run though The Ministry of Justice. If you want to Google search try looking at Operation Blunt and Operation Blunt 2. That's the Police operation's to reduce knife carry. Vast amount's of state/tax payers money has been plowed into charity's and community group's to keep the kid's busy/happy and away from knife crime. It's been a waste of money if you look at the stats. I've lived in South London for 42yrs and have seen hundreds of knife related knifes. In a five minute walking tour of my local there's 30+ murder sites. Mostly kid's stabbing other kid's. The local council is currently cutting down 450 tree's in the local park to prevent hiding place's for potential knife attackers. Most of these tree's are 100 yrs + in age. Desperate measures for a desperate area. Zero work, very high youth unemployment and above all drug's are a major factor.       

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 10:54:34 AM »

I just checked out  Blunt 2- interesting information- hope the police will get even more envolved with the kids- WW

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 04:32:06 AM »

WW,
       Have a look at The Daily Mirrors Stop Knifes Save Lives Campaign / Look at high profile murder cases such as Ben Kinsella (16) Rob Knox (18) Shocking cases of young women killed htt://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5477209
It's across the country not just London Samantha Madgin (18) Kevin Johnson (22).
Pure stats are good for research try The Scotsman newspaper for North of the Border. Guardian.co.UK for England. Local Policing has a part to play in this : Re : Top Cop : Gang Warfare caught us off guard ( Source : South London Press, Tuesday, August 24,2010 ). There's good coverage in The Telegraph.co.uk as well. Police in the front-line being stabbed to death The murders of PC Jon Henry and WPC Nina McKaye are of note Henry was stabbed beneath his anti-stab vest Mc Kaye had taken hers off as it was to restrictive. Webby..             

Download