General Category > Knife Combat

Cold Steel Recon

(1/2) > >>

celtica:
Does anyone have an opinion regarding the Cold Steel Recon?

I currently own a Applegate Combat Folder. It's an OK knife, but I'm not completely happy with it. Mainly because it doesn't have a pocket clip and I'm not sure how strong the locking tang is. Otherwise I think it's a good knife. I did call Gerber regarding the locking tang strength. They said their test is very simple, but within the military's requirements. Hmmmmm

A freind of mine owns a Columbia River M16. It's OK, but not quite what I want. However, the clip is placed for a tip down carry which I do like.

I really like the Cold Steel Knife, looks very well made, not sure if I like the tip up carry though. So opinions would be very helpful.

Thanks.

mleone:
I own it I love it! I feel its quick deployment almost as fast as a switch blade. The blade gets tested in many ways. Order one and youll see the dvd test!

Go for it! Im happy and bought one for a freind who had a switch blade! I told him to lose the switchblade and try this one!

anjin:
I carry one most of the time.  The only thing I don't like is the position of the pocket clip.  It's too far toward the middle of the knife, leaving too much of it sticking out of your pocket.  Not real great for concealed carry.

Kentbob:
I LOVE the Columbia River M16 series.  I think they are highly dependable and very fast on the draw.  What exactly don't you like about them, Celtica?  Again, I think they are wonderful, I carried one with me in Afghanista, very, very trustworthy, and available in differents sizes and blade shapes.  That having been said, I find Cold Steel's products very reliable as well, but I can't personally reccommend the Recon, 'cause I've never used it.

Professor:

--- Quote from: anjin on October 21, 2004, 12:32:07 PM ---I carry one most of the time.  The only thing I don't like is the position of the pocket clip.  It's too far toward the middle of the knife, leaving too much of it sticking out of your pocket.  Not real great for concealed carry.

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the forum!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version