W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 28, 2017, 02:21:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Benchmade Griptillian  (Read 2974 times)

terrence

• Forum Member
Benchmade Griptillian
« on: September 16, 2005, 09:27:03 PM »

I have a Benchmade Griptillian, it has proven to be a great everyday/utility knife.  Handles anything I put it to with ease, and is probabley the most comfortable folder I've ever owned.  Carries and handles really great.  Any thoughts from those with more experience on how well this knife will serve me in a defensive role if ever required?
Terrence from Colorado

pmh1nic

• Forum Member
    • Brentwood Self-Defense Academy
Re: Benchmade Griptillian
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 07:43:54 PM »

My everyday carrier knife is the Spyderco Yojimbo but I do own the Griptillian trainer. I've got relatively small hands so the Yojimbo fits my hand better but I've got nothing against the Griptillian. It's a well made knife, the clothing clip allows for a tip up pocket carrier (my preference), it's relatively easy to do a one hand opening either using the opening hole in the blade or an inertial opening and the locking mechanism is solid. Those are the things I look for in a self-defense knife.

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 11:18:50 AM »

I own a griptillian as well, a purple one, that looks innocent, just like me.  I like the different carrying options as well, and I like the shape of the handle.  I own the smallest one I could get, again to look innocent.  I think it has definite potential in a self defense situation, and I like the feel of it in my hand, regular and reverse grip.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 05:04:00 AM »

I have a Benchmade Griptillian, it has proven to be a great everyday/utility knife.  Handles anything I put it to with ease, and is probabley the most comfortable folder I've ever owned.  Carries and handles really great.  Any thoughts from those with more experience on how well this knife will serve me in a defensive role if ever required?

Welcome the nut house!      Pictures are required  ;)

'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 05:04:51 AM »

My everyday carrier knife is the Spyderco Yojimbo but I do own the Griptillian trainer. I've got relatively small hands so the Yojimbo fits my hand better but I've got nothing against the Griptillian. It's a well made knife, the clothing clip allows for a tip up pocket carrier (my preference), it's relatively easy to do a one hand opening either using the opening hole in the blade or an inertial opening and the locking mechanism is solid. Those are the things I look for in a self-defense knife.

;)

'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

SabreActual

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 09:28:07 AM »

My Yojimbo has became my favorite knife to use in the kitchen.

You can do just about anything with it and it cleans up quick under the faucet.

Love it 8)
"Na Mae O Me Do Fu" - The Washing Away of Fear

Download