W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 16, 2018, 04:27:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Military Rules for Gun Fighting  (Read 2348 times)

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
Military Rules for Gun Fighting
« on: February 03, 2006, 08:27:12 PM »

USMC Rules For Gun Fighting

1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring their friends who have guns.
   2. If you can, make friends with those on the crew served weapons. Bring them as well. Borrow money from them, it gives them an added incentive to protect you.
   3. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
   4. Only hits count. Close doesn't count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
   5. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
   6. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
   7. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
   8. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived and who didn't.
   9. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating (calling for arty or air support), reloading, and running.
  10. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting is more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
  11. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
  12. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
  13. In combat, there are no rules, always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
  14. Have a plan.
  15. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
  16. Have a back-up, back-up plan in case CentCom or SecDef finds the first two plans "unacceptable".
  17. Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The only visible target should be in your gun sights.
  18. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect your flank.
  19. Don't drop your guard.
  20. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
  21. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).
  22. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
  23. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
  24. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
  25. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
  26. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
  27. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4."

Army Rules for Gun Fighting

1. See USMC Rules to gun Fighting.
   2. Add 60 to 90 days.
   3. Hope the Marines already destroyed all meaningful resistance.

Navy Rules for Gun Fighting

1. Adopt an aggressive offshore posture.
   2. Send in the Marines.
   3. Drink Coffee and eat donuts.

Air Force Rules for Gun Fighting

1. Kiss the wife goodbye.
   2. Drive to the base in your sports car.
   3. Fly to target area, drop bombs, (try not to hit the Canuks) fly back to your home base.
   4. BBQ some burgers and drink beer in your back yard, and talk sh*t about the Navy, Army and Marines.

Don't kill the messenger.....he has Marine friends.  ;)

link to source http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/GunfightRules.asp
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
Re: Military Rules for Gun Fighting
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 11:32:27 PM »

You know, I will never understand why everyone thinks the Marines are so sexy and hardcore.  None of the ones that I met were any different, and most of them were dirty nasty legs.  All I can say, is that Marines are lacking a vital component in their doctrine.  LGOPs.  I'm not going to explain it, you have to look it up, or ask an old timer.  Preferably one with a mustard stain.  LGOPs get it done, people. 

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

Professor

• Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 08:56:42 AM »

You know, I will never understand why everyone thinks the Marines are so sexy and hardcore.  None of the ones that I met were any different, and most of them were dirty nasty legs.  All I can say, is that Marines are lacking a vital component in their doctrine.  LGOPs.  I'm not going to explain it, you have to look it up, or ask an old timer.  Preferably one with a mustard stain.  LGOPs get it done, people. 

Kent

Change the names GI.....it's all the same same...   :-*

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Rawhide

• Level 3
  • Nothing more dangerous than a Marine & His rifle
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 09:06:44 AM »

I'm dirty nasty leg who likes to shoot at people who try to suprise me by jumping out of a perfectly good airplane with a sheet ;)

Plus... we ARE sexy and hardcore!  No doubt about it.  Who are people more afraid of? Marines or Army infantry?  Marines!  Because even our cooks and pogues can fight like MFers.  Women, too!  Who do we call when we're in trouble?  More Marines! (and some air support, our awesome Navy corpsmen (oohraahh)  and when we're done?  the army comes in to occupy... Sometimes we have to save them again....

(sigh) Its tough wearing the Eagle, Globe & Anchor....
Cheat in the beginning, cheat in the end, cheat in middle...

www.dallascqc.com

Professor

• Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 04:13:08 PM »

I'm dirty nasty leg who likes to shoot at people who try to suprise me by jumping out of a perfectly good airplane with a sheet ;)

Plus... we ARE sexy and hardcore!  No doubt about it.  Who are people more afraid of? Marines or Army infantry?  Marines!  Because even our cooks and pogues can fight like MFers.  Women, too!  Who do we call when we're in trouble?  More Marines! (and some air support, our awesome Navy corpsmen (oohraahh)  and when we're done?  the army comes in to occupy... Sometimes we have to save them again....

(sigh) Its tough wearing the Eagle, Globe & Anchor....

Popcorn.....check.

Coffee....check.

Comfy chair....check.

Damn, I like starting fights.....

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 06:24:44 PM »

You fookers are on the same side last time I looked...and I bet neither of you would turn down help from the other if you were knee deep in the shite.

...Hey Prof, I like stopping them ;)
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

Adventure

• Level 4
    • Stay Alive Program inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 08:03:41 PM »

Navy Rules for Gun Fighting

1. Adopt an aggressive offshore posture.
 2. Send in the Marines.
 3. Drink Coffee and eat donuts.

Hey I never got any donuts @ General Quarters.
And don't we send in the SEALs to find the safe spots for the Marines to land so they don't get hurt. ;D

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 08:48:56 PM »

You fookers are on the same side last time I looked...and I bet neither of you would turn down help from the other if you were knee deep in the shite.

Sides got nothing to do with it!!! ;D  As for help, well, of course.  Only an idiot doesn't accept help.  Even BG McAuliffe knew he was in a bad way.  But until then, GAME ON!!  You know what?  I think the Marines are just cheaper to deploy.  I don't know why, but I think that's what it comes down to.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

Professor

• Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 10:18:45 PM »

On the same side like three brothers (welcome Adventure).....now step off the mat - grab a chair and a beer. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 10:23:48 PM by Professor »

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 11:29:07 PM »

Alright, alright, I'm pulling up a chair right now...I don't drink though and I can't stand popcorn...gonna have to be water and trail mix. :)

I think Kent's winning so far

N

Yes, I'm biased...we're fellow airborne ;D
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 01:34:38 PM »

Rawhide,
Both my parents were Marines, which makes me even more sexier that I already am. Just ask you wife who looks good in purple. And if I was knee deep in shit, I wouldn't be afraid to ask anybody for help, but I would still be sexy!
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Download