W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• August 21, 2018, 11:00:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: KEL-TEC PLR16 PISTOL- HOME DEFENSE-CARFIGHTS- OR RIOT CONTROL????  (Read 3661 times)

traderneil

• Forum Member

Hi everyone from traderneil in Las Vegas. My local gun dealer just received a new
kel-tec PLR16 pistol. Thats the one that is chambered for 223. Their website says this gun is ideal for hunting,and target shooting,but after examining it I was thinking that this gun seems to be designed for more offensive type situations ie maybe riot control and crowd protection,etc.

My gun dealer hasn't fired the weapon yet so I was wondering if any of you folks
here had any experience with this gun. It looks good, its smaller than most carbines  ;D,the price is good I can get one for about($450+or- a few dollars) and you can add it to your CCW. If I was in a gunfight in a car,van or even home I would think that a 223 pistol would give me a winning edge....All your comments are welcome and loved....your fellow gun enthusiast in Las Vegas

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
Re: KEL-TEC PLR16 PISTOL- HOME DEFENSE-CARFIGHTS- OR RIOT CONTROL????
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 03:08:52 PM »

Haven't shot it, but here is a reference for others:

http://www.kel-tec.com/plr16.html
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

johnykat

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 03:24:16 PM »

kayakpirate

• Level 2
  • "There are some who call me... Tim..."
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 06:45:42 AM »

From experience with the CAR-BON and with the shorty AK's that are out there I can tell you what to anticipate...Muzzle blast like you wont believe,a lot of noise and a fireball the size of a pumpkin.A bad thing for night and close combat.Not to mention a considerable loss of velocity.Also fire off about 20 rounds and you'll be wearing an oven mitt on your support hand.About the only place to put your hand will be the mag well,and that will get old fast as well.Target shooting? Sure, as long as you dont expect accurate results.
After shooting a few of these of these "shortys" I kinda feel the same as I do about pistol grip shotguns.Cool lookin' but really not all that great for real life social situations.

cgonzales

• Level 3
  • NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 09:16:45 PM »

yet another way to seperate cash from the uninformed gun buying public.
and can you see the looks on the jurys faces when they hold this up and say you were defending yourself!
that being said , stay tunned im introducing a tripple retintion holster for it soon!
"HE THAT HATH NO SWORD, LET HIM SELL HIS GARMENT AND BUY ONE."
Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36)

Download