Hock's Facebook

Hock's Seminars

Hock's Web Page

Hock's Author Page

Hock's WolfPack Author Page

Lauric Enterprises, Inc.

W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry interested in self-defense for moral, legal and ethical purposes.

Hock Fightin' Words Talk Forum

• March 19, 2024, 05:21:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What Does It Cost?  (Read 19578 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
What Does It Cost?
« on: June 02, 2006, 11:43:50 AM »

What Does It Cost?

Each weekend seminar is about $189 to $225 (depends on country and expenses)
Each 4-day camp is about $300 to $450 (depends on country and expenses)

Each "end user" rank level test, per course is $100.
Each rank level instructorship is $150 (after every 3 levels)
Each level 10 and up "Black Belt" test is $500.

Each accumulated hand, stick, knife and gun collective CQC Group accomplishment/rank is free, as they are accumulated and awarded by finishing work in the four hand, stick, knife and gun individual courses. (Only I can award CQC Group rank, in person and after one completes an official CQC Group Camp)

Each CQC Group level instructorship is free, as they are accumulated and awarded by finishing work in each of the four hand, stick, knife and gun individual courses. (Only I can award CQC Group rank and instructorships, in person.

- No annual dues.
- No monthly dues.
- No per-student dues.
- Instructors keep all their money they earn teaching.
- No "other shoe" will ever drop on them (26 years now - no shoe!).
- Instructors continue to teach their materials and keep all testing fees.
- Many times students want an international affiliation and are interested in also getting the "Hock SFC" ranks also, in which case there is a "wholesale" rate for this.

Hock

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 09:02:24 PM by Hock »

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: What Does It Cost?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 03:11:31 PM »

"if I become an instructor? How much must I tithe a month to the SFC?

Nothing. You keep all your money that you make.

I have been in the martial arts for decades and I have been screwed for money for decades. My plan was to create an organization that bolsters an instructor, not sucks the life blood out of him.

Its tough out there, and even to make the electric bill can get scary.

I just ask that you come see me at least once a year. And we understand emergencies...
A sick kid? An emergency.
Painting the back porch? NOT an emergency.
Nor is laziness,
Nor is unfocused-ness
Nor is a lack of discipline.

Hock
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 11:22:53 AM by Hock »

VicMackey

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 07:01:17 PM »

It never ceases to amaze me how much others would spend for a fancy car, luxury house, beautiful vacation, high speed computer, big screen TV, expensive video games, etc. yet not willing to spend some money on an effective self-defense program or a high quality firearm that may save their life someday. I guess we all have our priorities in life and we get what we pay for.
"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail."
"A citizen is armed and free while a subject is disarmed and under control."
"An armed society is a polite society."
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"-Sun Tzu
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"-Mike Tyson

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 07:55:50 AM »

SFC Testing - We Are Now The College Approach

Simply put? Now, you do not have to take our modules in order. You can complete course levels out of order.

I am already scheduling seminars for 2020, my 24th year on the road.  In some circumstances, I may only return to a city around the world in a year and a half now, not every year. Worse, complicating the mission, I really am consistently asked for rank progressions and instructorships. Squeezing all this in, IN PROMOTIONAL ORDER for each person, is just about impossible to schedule.

Every single thing I teach is a course we have. We have 7 courses. Hand, Stick, Knife. Gun. CQC Group (which is the combination of the hand, stick, knife and gun courses) PAC/Filipino and Police Judo. But the core and most popular courses are the hand, stick, knife and gun programs. Four main courses.

Though there are ten levels in each course, the tenth is a big test, so there are 9 levels of study in each course. That's nine times four. 36 levels. 36 modules. Granted the modules are short and simple, but they take time to do, to teach and get to. Getting to them all, for everyone gets harder and harder each year. In a perfect world, like the perfect college schedule, you would start with "Subject 101" and proceed in perfect order, on through the "Subject 400s." Ever done that? Who do you know that has? It is next to impossible.

When folks go to college, they do the best they can. They take the subjects and classes that are open to them at the time, wrestling with both their schedules and the college-scheduled offerings. This means a college student may actually start in class "Subject 105," rather than "Subject 101" because the 101 class is full. (I actually took all my senior level business courses first!. Yes! As a night student no one seemed to care. So I took "401, 402- on up." Took the others later as I could get them.) And fact is we are not even a real "college-college." We are just some certification courses, some training courses. We are not even a martial "art." So, you can achieve out of order.

Complete any three levels? You can become an instructor. Instructors can teach ANY SFC level material, but only promote people in the levels they tested for. Any six levels? Any nine levels? And so on. Another simple way to put this, if on any given Sunday I teach Knife 6 and you complete it successfully? You can get official credit for Knife 6, even though you haven't finished knife 5. We'll all catch up with everything you in the end.

This will facilitate more people to achieve what they deserve this way, given our constricted opportunities.

Some courses have prerequisites. Seen this before? "Must Take Class 301 Before Class 308." Fortunately, in my practical/tactical course modules, these subjects are not brain surgery or rocket science, nor are they fancy, difficult katas, high jinks or high kicks. They are simply basic, simple things spaced out over time, because not all things can fit in level 1 or "101." Plus we expect people will already be working with their local instructors, have the training videos, and also have experience (most folks I see, have experience) in a variety of systems and schools.

So now, simply put? You do not have to take or test for our modules in strict order. Nice if you would? Best if you would. But like college, you can complete course levels out of order.

And, of course, you can simple train in all of this for knowledge only, never taking any tests at all. The choice is always yours.

Download