Poll

Gun Control Needed or Neglected?

Need more Gun Control
- 1 (16.7%)
Its an area thats neglected!
- 5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gun Control Needed or Neglected?  (Read 5259 times)

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
Re: Gun Control Needed or Neglected?
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 04:43:35 AM »

There are more than enough laws on the books both federal and state that if they were used to prosecute the individual who committed a crime with a gun, to the full extent of the law, this would become a major deterrent. Shoot a cop, you get life. Kill a cop, you get the needle. And  so on. Rob the 7-11 with a gun, 20 years automatically. Previous conviction, 30 years hard labor no parole, period. More than 2 offenses, you get the needle. Just like the little shitheads that pointed the gun at me who were caught, all got 10 years or better in the can. Let the dumbass who was smoking pot out and make room for the real waste products
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Milldog1776

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 10:42:36 AM »

Agreed.

Current anti-gun movements and legislation do nothing to deter violent crime. They only make it harder for honest, law abiding citizens to own guns.

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2006, 03:26:54 PM »

Agreed.

Current anti-gun movements and legislation do nothing to deter violent crime. They only make it harder for honest, law abiding citizens to own guns.

I don't know how they make it harder, but they do make it more socially unacceptable, which is, in my view, just as dangerous.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

tlouis

• Level 3
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2006, 05:13:43 PM »

Excellent point KB. Although I believe it depends in what part of the country you are in.

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2006, 08:44:57 PM »

I hadn't had a chance to chime in on things.   However, let me make a couple of points:

1.  Violent criminals are strong people for the most part (or perceive themselves to be).    This may be by virtue of the individual or the group.

2.   If #1 is not true, the are quickly weeded out the "profession".

3.  They will not listen to the laws as written, or future laws.

There are many weak good guys that can't stand up to a fair fight in their own defense.

Therefore, they must have the opportunity to have an equalizer to protect themself and their family. 

Prof
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

tlouis

• Level 3
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2006, 09:03:59 PM »

Prof-I don't know of to many bad guys who want a fair fight. They always want some edge. Agreed that an equalizer is needed.

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2006, 09:36:16 PM »

I hadn't had a chance to chime in on things.   However, let me make a couple of points:

1.  Violent criminals are strong people for the most part (or perceive themselves to be).    This may be by virtue of the individual or the group.

There are many weak good guys that can't stand up to a fair fight in their own defense.

Therefore, they must have the opportunity to have an equalizer to protect themself and their family. 

Prof

Those weak good guys are also to weak to prosecute criminals strictly, and buy a gun for themselves.  Mostly.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2006, 10:55:49 AM »

Prof

Those weak good guys are also to weak to prosecute criminals strictly, and buy a gun for themselves.  Mostly.

Kent

Agreed.   Therefore, it is imperative that those that can, and are willing, DO.
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Milldog1776

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2006, 11:14:08 AM »

Agreed.   Therefore, it is imperative that those that can, and are willing, DO.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

bbwolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2006, 01:30:11 AM »

I think highly restrictive gun control would work in this country as well as Prohibition or The "War on Drugs". I have spent most of my life in Texas, where it is relitively easy for a law abiding adult to purchase, own, and, with an addtional cost of a CHL class (average price: $125-150, which usually includes the fingerprinting, ID photo, and notery. Some charge less but don't supply the extras) and Permit fee ($140 for a 4 year permit, $75 to renew), you can carry a concealed handgun, within the laws of the state which have several restricted areas. I have also lived in NYC, where it is fiarly difficult to almost impossible to get a firearm, depending on the licence you are trying to get. I could easly purchase one illegaly. Criminals are, by definition, people who break laws, making more laws will not stop them from obtaining firearms and using them for criminal puroses. Even if a national ban were possible, they could be smuggled in or built here. I saw a National Geographic special about this village in western Pakinstan, which is entirely devoted to the arms trade. Most of the weapons are made in crude machine shops there. We're not talking about zip guns. They could replicate almost any firearm you could think of, except for the polymer framed weapons, from breach loading shotguns to P-35's and AK-47s. Look at the WWII US made Grease Gun or the British Sten Gun. Could be made in a machine shop by a person who knew what they were doing. Some shootings may go down, but more people will be stabbing each other, beating each other with baseball bats, and blowing each other up with homeade bombs. I am all for gun education. I don't like the idea of a national education course that one must take in order to own a firearm because the anti-gun politicians (many of whom have CCW permits) would try to make the class unpassible or prohibitively expensive. I think that perhaps an incentive, like a discount on the cost of firearms for those who take the class, would be a better idea, like taking Defensive Driving to lower your car insurance premiums.   
" Better a warrior in the garden , then a gardener at war"- Japanese Proverb

Benjamin Liu

• Level 4
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2006, 12:57:22 AM »

I don't know how they make it harder, but they do make it more socially unacceptable, which is, in my view, just as dangerous.

It also depends on the city and state.  Some states make it harder to own guns than other states, and even ban certain types, and there are cities than ban handguns and those that require permits which might be difficult to get.  Also not all states allow CCW and some don't allow open carry, and a gun at home is only useful when you are at home. 

crane2

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2006, 10:54:35 AM »

10/7/06

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY.
Ditto!!!
Look at any society where the right to bear arms was taken from the general, law abilding populace and see what happened....
Crane2
Pages: 1 [2]

Download