W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• August 20, 2018, 02:42:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What's wrong with this picture?  (Read 1536 times)

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
What's wrong with this picture?
« on: August 24, 2006, 08:01:23 PM »

My buddy sent this to me.  Let me know what you think.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
Re: What's wrong with this picture?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 04:18:54 AM »

It's 5:45 in the morning and Jared (my 10 yo son) is sitting next to me....

He says, in his words, that:

He should not be standing behind the car because the person could back up into the police.  The police could get killed and the person would get away.

Prof
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 09:12:03 PM by HockHoch@aol.com »
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 09:58:45 AM »

It's 5:45 in the morning and Jared (my 10 yo son) is sitting next to me....

He says, in his words, that:

He should not be standing behind the car because the person could back up into the police.  The police could get killed and the person would get away.

Prof

You're on the right track...

Kent
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 09:11:28 PM by HockHoch@aol.com »

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 06:59:45 PM »

It's not a beer truck?!
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

410indashade

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 09:17:13 PM »

There are so many things wrong with the officer's tactic in that picture that I don't know where to begin.  But you could start with he didn't make the driver open the trunk.
"Adapt and overcome"

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 09:22:06 PM »

There are so many things wrong with the officer's tactic in that picture that I don't know where to begin.  But you could start with he didn't make the driver open the trunk.

Alright.  Here's what me and my buddy David came up with.

1) The officer should have made the people open the trunk up.

2) The officer should not have his gun drawn unless he feels he's going to use it.

3) If he feels he is going to use his gun, and has to, the people in the car have very little to no protection against bullets.

4) He should not have left the people in the car.

Any more input?

Kent

threegun

• Level 3
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 10:28:12 AM »

Looks like a four door car, might not have anybody in the drivers seat. Could be 10 other officers with shotguns and rifles pointed at the occupants just out of the picture. About the only thing wrong is opening the trunk.

Shane

• Level 3
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 08:27:56 AM »

Is the lady in the backseat holding a baby?
Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.    -Henry Rollins

safe&sound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 09:43:57 AM »

This is David, Kent's buddy.  Here is my input.  Let's look at what is happening in this picture. One, we know that there is a woman in the car (possibly with a child), two we know that an officer has a firearm drawn which tells me (if he is trained correctly, and in my opinion not very many police officers are) that he is ready willing and able to discharge it, three the back seat of a car offers ZERO protection against rounds, and three could he not have gotten the folks out of the car?  If not why not open the trunk from the side and orient his firearm towards what appears to be the woods?  Problem with that is you do not know what is beyond your target.  Even if there are other occupants and they are covered by scatter guns and the like then that still will not prevent bullet penetration.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 02:14:11 PM »

There is no telling what the back story of this situation is.

Old Police "Judo" tips from the 40s, 50s and 60s worried about badguys and kidnapped people in the trunks of cars. (For you Brits? the boot!)

Consequently when I was trainied in the early 70s they warned us about trunk problems.

For just one example, in a possibly dangerous traffic stop, it was old-school to touch the trunk as you approached the driver's side. Your touch was to ensure that trunk lid was closed and seated.  If your touch/push actually closed the lid? That meant a bad guy was in there ready to ambush you form your rear and was holding the trunk almost closed.

In a complete and thorough felony traffic, we were taught to also clear/search the trunk but only when the suspects were secure. In the chaos of real life, this chronological order cannot always be followed.

In military checkpoints? Truck searches are VITAL, for all the reasons we already know.

For one example. What if this is one of a regional traffic stop road block for an escaped felon? It is a roadblock on an Interstate and you have to quick scan/search 700 cars (that you can before the bend of the road) After seeing 300 hunded normal families, you ask the driver to pop the trunk and look in. That might be what is going on here?   

But there is no telling WHAT is going on in the picture. But, we should always worry about the trunks of cars in our AO! (that'll be the area of operation for you draft dodgers out there!)

Hock

Download