W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• August 20, 2018, 09:13:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Walking Stick Refused as Hand Carry on Airline  (Read 2737 times)

redcap

• "I've done dead, didn't like it" 22 June 2009
  • Level 4
    • Streetwise Philippines
Walking Stick Refused as Hand Carry on Airline
« on: August 05, 2007, 11:47:25 PM »

I guess it had to happen sooner or later.  The analy retentive scared of their shadow mob have done it at last, stopping a man from boarding an aircraft due to his walking stick.  Read the report"

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/airport-security-takes-travellers-walking-stick/2007/08/05/1186252546971.html

which tells how this regular traveller was messed about because he wanted to take his walking stick on board.  Although not aged (37) he suffers from MS. I can empathise with him as I have a pretty low opinion of the conduct of the security people they hire for airport duty.  Some are friendly and professional but most are too full of themselves.  I guess you gets what you pays for!

No excuse for the airport ground staff though, they should know better when it comes to customer service nowadays.  Like I said in my other post, pretty soon we will be having to fly naked.  Does Arnold ever fly?  Cheers Redcap
“No man knows the hour of his ending, nor can he choose the place or the manner of his going. To each it is given to die proudly, to die well, and this is, indeed, the final measure of the man.” Louis L’Amour

gumbey

• Level 3
Re: Walking Stick Refused as Hand Carry on Airline
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 04:27:50 PM »

I just recently sprained my knee (MCL) while on temporary assignment in FL. Just got back to VA and am wearing a brace for 30 days until it get healed on its own. Even take supplements (Glucosamine/Chondroiten) to speed up the healing. Getting better each day. Until I completely heal and get my mobility/flexibility back, I do carry a cane as well but not for walking. I've had previous stick training in the Bo staff, escrima, and police baton, so it should be handy just in case. After all most predators target the physically challenged as well as the weak and infirm.

mleone

• Level 4
Re: Walking Stick Refused as Hand Carry on Airline
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 07:42:28 AM »

No Shit really? You mean Stick related weapons are not allowed on planes?

Why am I, not surprised...

If It is not a cane and your not elderly or crippled, then You shouldnt be carrying sticks on board.
In this case he is entirely justified, I would have sued the balls off of them here in the states.

But then again, the cane should be inspected before you get on board. Just in case its a cane sword. Who knows these days...

« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 07:45:46 AM by mleone »

Download