W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• February 25, 2018, 03:50:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: using a tree trunk in the car for protection "just because of road rage"  (Read 4198 times)

inner_spiritual_warrior

• Forum Member

I always carry some kind of log or trunk or any tool in the car I can to protect myself just incase someone threatens me in road rage I dont carry a very highlighted weapon that would make police think I have a weapon on me I just carry tools and etc in my car
like spirit levels and trowels just any sort of thing I need to defend myself ina  road rage fight situation because road rage is common on these roads where I come from alot of people have died fighting in road rage accidents so its always important, carry a secret non flashable weopon in the car what I mean by that a object or tool that does not look like a noticable weapon I mean you need to stand up for yourself???what do you all think??

inner_spiritual_warrior

• Forum Member
Re: using a tree trunk in the car for protection "just because of road rage"
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 12:33:08 AM »

I just had a mate of mine who came into a road rage accident with another driver he walked outside his car and threatened him to punch the crap out of him and as he did he stood up for himself he brought out a tool out of his car a shovel of course and waved it around at the road rage man who was threatening him he said you come closser to me and I will hit you over the head with the shovel so F off as he says and it worked because the guy walked back into his car and drove off.but he thought damm I would of killed the man if I would of hit him with the shovel.not good at all.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 10:15:35 AM »

Inner S.-a expandable tirre jack works well-I    have one in my patrol vehicle
Also if your friend struk the attacker on forearm-then knees to disable him and stayed aaway from the head it probably would  have  been a  better situation when the police came-I assume you live in England? I havew heard they  have some weird laws over  there
-whitewolf

shastana

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 05:54:33 PM »

Ah, yes, road rage....

Your best bet when faced with a road rage, in my experience, is to be ready for him to pull a gun.  Hands down, if you think you are going to intimidate an enraged rager, you might be wrong.

This I know, the hard way.  Short story, I pulled out of a lot in front of a guy going too fast around a corner, waved him around as I quickly whipped over to the shoulder to let him pass.  He pulled up next to me, screaming and waving a middle finger at me.  I waved back.  He raced forward up a very windy road there in Colorado.  About a mile up the road he was pulled over.  I came up on him slowly, this road let to my residence at the time.  I didn't want him to follow me home, I thought, so I would end this BS now.

I let him know I didn't mean to cut him off, didn't see him, so sorry.  He screamed he would kill me!  My lady at the time was freaked out.  He opened his car door.  I jumped out of my open CJ7 and in front of him, pushed him back in his car, slammed the door on his leg and punched his window, "you'll kill me huh?!"

I stepped back, he pulled out a folder, I palmed his face a few times dodging his right arm that stayed frozen as I palmed.  He retreated to his car, pulled a 357, pointed and shot over the top of the hood 3 times as I was backing up the jeep.

I remember his face, and that he was wearing.....yellow shooting glasses.  Dang, that should a been a clue.

Filed a report with police, they posted the story in the paper, another couple was run off the road a week later by the guy and got his plates.  He was in the lineup and we ID him.  Turns out that it was misdemeanor, but the guy had a major history of depression and violence, was a Vietnam vet with PTSD.

I am lucky to be alive, can still see that muzzle pointed right at me thru my windshield, and my girl saying "you know we really didn't mean to cause you any harm"  just before he banged away.

Be careful, carry a long flashlight, heavy hands exercise equipment, and always have a folder knife on you, always.

Things to consider:
1- If someone is going to rage on you, you got to stand your ground, but pulling a shovel or bat,etc may not solve the problem, he may get a weapon better than yours.  If he V lines for his car, get out of there Fast!

2-Try get more enraged and scream and make a big scene, acting as nutty as a psychward patient, then stomp off to your car to get a weapon or act as if you are....and be ready to get the hell out of there if that doesn't work. 

3-Being calm may work if you can role play, example-say you are on probation and don't want any trouble, but if he f's up your prob, he's f'd.  Don't back down afterwards.

4-don't tango with guys wearing shooting glasses, or any gun attire or stickers on their cars.  This is a clear signal that he is a gun guy.

5-don't tango with a group of guys.  One on one is hard enough to read once it goes down.

6-if you can, get a CCW permit, that is if you are a high profile target, like businessmen, celeb, or have a reason to carry one/have in car.

7-I Hear you can "transport" a firearm on long distance trips, just follow local laws to the Tee.  In for example, CA you can carry an unloaded firearm in a locked container, mags and ammo locked in another container in truck or bed of truck.  Then practice accessing said firearm and ammo quickly and discretely.

Happy touring!
An armed citizenry fly their colors, an unarmed citizenry wear their colors.

Trainer

in general terms its not what can be a weapon, its what IS used as a weapon, ISW if i investagated this the first thing i would ask is "where did you get the tree" when you reply "the trunk of my" Im going to say "why the hell do you have a tree in the trunk of your car" it will go down hill ffrom there for you

Jason

• Forum Member

Jlcpacific - do you still live in Colorado?

A similar problem that I've had here is being accosted while jogging. It's funny, coz 95 percent of the time that I run, I have some form of weapon with me. But, the 2 times that I've had problems, both times I had forgot to bring one. Since then I bought a velcro "Belly Band" that I carry a .380 in.

I'm not familiar with the laws in England, but here many people carry guns, so it seems that any other weapon carried will fall short of your needed use of force.

Jason

oz man

• Level 2

In australia we are pretty much not allowed to carry weapons at all.
I can carry my rifle locked in my car, or in lock box on the back of my ute, ammo must be kept in a separate locked container. Although to do this i must be on my way to or from a hunting destination. Knives cannot be carried unless you can prove a lawful purpose,
ie: for work or a fishing knife as part of your fishing kit, or on a camping trip.
And even then you must be careful what kind of knife you carry as you dont need a bowie knife for cutting boxes open at work or gutting fish.
Capsicum spray is also outlawed, in the state of New South Wales crossbows are outlawed completely, and can not be owned under any circumstances, though across the border in Victoria you can purchase one immediately, no permits for ownership or use, you don't even have to lock them away.

The old saying "if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns!" rings true for us here.
And unfortunately there is a greatly increasing number of shootings and violent assualts involving weapons of all descriptions.

But what do you do? All of a sudden the people you see in third world countries throwing rocks don't seem so silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next Step: Outlaw rocks and sticks

Jason

• Forum Member

Ozman,

Have you seen the murder stats for Australia before and after the gun ban?  I did an internet search, but it only confused me more. I didn't know that you can still have rifles for hunting there, I thought that they had confiscated everything. It's interesting how different countries can have completely different laws and different results.

Jason

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed

Had a road rage incident once in NY. Had no idea why this guy was pissed at me. Musta been my stellar good looks. Said douchbag blazed ahead of me and pulled over a ways up the road, standing there with a baseball bat in his hands. I calmly drove my 1972 Buick Electra 225 along the side of his Camero, peeling it open like a can of sardines, as baseball/douchbag jumped out of the way. As I cleared the side of his car, I calmly pulled ahead and backed my 5600 pounds of American iron into the front of his now torn up Camero, and pushed it into the ditch, while throwing a dime to the now dazed douchbag, telling him to call someone who gives a shit.
Oh, and I did have a 45 on the front seat, just in case his kneecaps needed work.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 05:31:56 AM by arnold »
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

oz man

• Level 2

I didn't know that you can still have rifles for hunting there, I thought that they had confiscated everything.

Yep we can jason, they banned the majority of the population being able to own anything semi auto/auto. You can still own bolt or pump action high powered rifles, and shotguns.
If you are a land owner/primary producer you can own s/auto shotgun.

Handguns can only be owned by registered members of a pistol club and only carried in a similar locked box on a direct route from your home to the club. Or for work reasons such as armed guards.

There are limits on the amount of ammo you can possess for either.

The thing I can't understand is the governments determination to make it hard for the honest registered firearm owners who obey the laws to enjoy their sport.

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4

And now you know why Uncle Nicky is no longer there! :P
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

shastana

• Level 4

Arnold, ur makin me tinkle my trunks with that story!  Classsssic!  Yes!  But a Camaro...tears to the eyes, really.

Jason, happened in Boulder County, up Magnolia Rd going toward Nederland.  The guy probably still lives up there. I'm no longer in CO.  It's probably a good thing you didn't have a gun, it worked out you are still here, and still a free man too.

Oz Man, lots of similarities with laws in US, except the complete gun ban (for now).  Law abiding US citizens should be outraged right now (in my opinion), with all the Patriot Act BS.  "Give up your freedoms and we will give you tyranny, I mean security".  OK, or should I say "Yavoul Heil Hitler" and show my armpit, I'm confused.  What country am I in again?

Anyway, I think having a folding knife or should I say, a culinary tool...to slice fruit and spread jam is a great way to go.  Hell, If the guy is that close that he wants your sliced apples and you accidently cut him whilst feeding it to him, his bad right?  Or better yet, carry a cane in your car, for that old rugby injury that just won't go away.  Think of somethin because somethin is better than nuthin.

In retrospect, a gun says it all, deters a lot of bad guys. But Gun is harder to argue...all the stars and planets have to be aligned for you to skate on gun use, even in Texas.

Stay safe, always have a good answer, right boys?
JC
An armed citizenry fly their colors, an unarmed citizenry wear their colors.

oz man

• Level 2

Up here in far north oz things are a bit easier. Up here you take a shotgun fishing with you, incase you become the bait!! Crocodiles boys, you have to watch them!!
There's alot of spots up here you wouldn't go without one, unless you were the late and great steve irwin (rip).
But down south in the cities you can't get away with anything, and its a shame because there seems to be alot of people there that need to learn lessons the hard way, and just need persuasion to see things from someone else's point of veiw!

inner_spiritual_warrior

• Forum Member

for your information I am from australia ok not england.

best thing to do when someone road rages you for no reason do not step out of the car unless they rampage you and then it means you have to step out of your car never ever let them follow you home finsih it once and for all.

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4

Just as I did!. And you're from Australia, huh? Cousin of the Nickster's?
Short Bus is on alert. Nick may have relatives we didn't know about.

oz man

• Level 2

I wonder what sort of deportation laws we have here in oz?!!

Do you think stupidity is legitimate grounds? I hope so.
The government here has just bought in a citizenship test for all people coming into the country. Sort of like an aptitude test for a new job.
Obviously we should of started it alot earlier!!!!!!!!!!!

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4

Send copies of the test here!

whitewolf

• Level 4

I second that-move it  here asp-we are in deep dudu-whitewolf

Download