Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• December 10, 2018, 01:23:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Special Operations Martial Arts  (Read 37034 times)

VicMackey

• Level 4
Re: Special Operations Martial Arts
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2008, 11:50:40 AM »

I think I remembered seeing this article on a "Black Belt Magazine" checked out of my school library while I was in the 6th grade. While it may be antiquated now, it was considered breakthrough and eclectic in those days.
"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail."
"A citizen is armed and free while a subject is disarmed and under control."
"An armed society is a polite society."
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"-Sun Tzu
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"-Mike Tyson

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2008, 02:46:25 PM »

Does the 1985 picture have a date at all?

Looking back we see that the certificates to Mr Loong from CWO Webb are dated Feb 7,1985,then you have these pictures from Rhodesia 1985.

While helping Webb and Instructing some portion of thier little combatives program was he,Loong, GIVEN a Uniform and rank to make the course look more Special Forces Like ?

Was the Uniform for some Photo shoot or Video for sale of the course to private citizens or media ,like the Black Belt article ?

If we look at the pics in the Black Belt article we see Mr Loong wearing the same sort of mix and match uniform of Tiger Stripe trousers and Solid Green BDU type Jacket as he is wearing in the Special Forces Apache Pic.
(I imagine he also had proper set of BDU's done for pics and video)

Also looking at the two pictures:
Is the man called Doyle in the so called Rhodesian Pic not the same guy as on the far right of the Special Forces Apache Picture ,wearing the Tiger Stripe BDU's ?
(younger,face a little fuller,but the same shape and even with the shadow the Apache pic,the far right guy has a mole in the right side of his bottom lip,same as the guy called Doyle)

Steve Doyle also is Mr Loong's Best friend and an Associate on their Sites Celtic sword and Yashai,and others.

Here is a site with more recent pictures of the two Mr Doyle and Mr Loong and Mr Doyles family:
http://doyleboys.com/Doyle_Boys_Photos.php

Similar weapon in both pics here being used by Mr Doyles kids and being posed by Mr Doyle and MR Loong.
(Long lasting weapon and well traveled as well,lol)

Milldog1776

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2008, 03:52:22 PM »

I think some deep investigations would confirm that the rifle held in the picture titled "Nate at Christmas" is not a real rifle.

I don't know who these guys think they are, but we can not be continually duped like this. I think a formal investigation on this "rifle" and this "Nate" should begin immediately!

Bryan Lee, can you send out some emails on the "Nate" person, and get back to us? JimH, perhaps a search on Military.com will come up with some answers?

We must have answers!

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2008, 04:42:33 PM »

Answers ?
Answers ?
We don't need no stinking answers.
We need More Questions,lol.

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 07:50:15 PM »

While it is true some POW search operations are sponsored or paid for by the government,when under pressure,and by men like Perot,some others are not.

Many men who served spend their money,their time,and gather resources to search and in the 1980's Laos was not giving wide spread permission to search so small teams were going in armed and searching.

The following is an account by one such man and his team:
http://www.aiipowmia.com/sea/aimsm

I thought ,after seeing the SF Recon Team Intruder badge,and knowing that there have been many searches into Laos,that perhaps Loong and Doyle were a part.

Looking at further sites and pics of these men I would like to think maybe they would be part,perhaps like in the story attached above,but the more I look the more unlikely that seems to be.

Bryan Lee

• Level 4
  • Rogue Elephant
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2008, 03:50:47 AM »

I do recall reading some Webb articles on some of his POW rescue attempts in some magazines.(yes, possibly SOF!) He was not financed by Perott, as one would think of, so he mentioned who financed it. ANyway the point is, the runs were completely NON-SECRET after the fact. Photos , facts and searches detailed.

Anyway I do think that if these guys ACTUALLY went on the POW runs, they could talk about them - everyone else has - and would have a slew of REAL photos to pass around.

Unless they went in on the secret Steven Seagal/Frank Dux CIA run! Then....

Hock

PS Bryan - The banning of you from the Loong/Celtic sword(ahhh-what the hell do they do anyway?) talk forum is quite telling.

[Offline]  CelticSword
Site Administrator
Yashai Instructor
Old post Yesterday at 03:50 PM    Reply #9

Changtokmun has been banned

Read about him here (his user name is AR549). You will see that he is not well liked and has been offensive to the Dog Bros., Sifu Inosanto and many others. He causes trouble on a number of forums where he has been banned. Just don't need him here:

- Steve Doyle

Now they have deleted all information about the subject, Don't Ask, Don't Tell!

Regarding Webb, As far as I know he was never in Vietnam to rescue anybody, he was there as Active Army for recovery which was based out of Thailand. I actully was at Hickim AFB with one of the teams in the hanger (early 90s) when they went over, I was just hitchiking to Guam but I don't remember seeing Webb, I sent him some emails last year but never heard anything back. The thing about him is plenty of people use his name to get themselves credentials but he has never commented about any of it so it left me wondering if actually did credential people or not.

In the case of Todd, he could teach anything he wants but he has overstepped all boundary with the hyped up sells pitch involving the U.S. Military, Combatives, and his standing. I have never made any negative comments about Webb and I don't have anything bad to say about the man, granted I have pissed on some of his students but it was themselves who lit their own match starting any fires, I just put out the flames.

JimH, "Bryan, have you seen the Elephant?"  Bryan Lee, "I Am The MotherFFFFing Elephant!"

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2008, 02:00:12 PM »

Hock,
I would agree with the comments of the picture and the course military combatives are taking.

I agree in the picture:
A picture that is also on Todd's CQB video box,but not actually taken from the produced video itself.
(I state that because we can not see what Toddsays about that exact sceanrio)

The picture on this page and on the box:
The attacker is not intent on doing any damage with that choke.(As said by Hock)
If it was a choke to a pull,even carelessly applied like in the photo,with the head pushed forward by the upper body, neck and upper body pulled back and down there would be no space to insert the knife and the hands would be trying to grab the arm ,not to get free,but to stay upright and or the hands wold be out to catch themselves as they drop to the ground.

The technique which Todd uses in his CQB video which is like this move,but not the picture shown nor done with Webb:
The opponent applies the choke,same careless,none locking manner.
The victim grabs the arm and creates space at the elbow,then reaches into his pocket  (while being dragged and choked,lol) and finds his folding knife,opens it and then stabs into the opponents arm cutting the skin and muscle off around the elbow joint.
Once the muscle and arm are cut,the opponent will release enough for the victim to turn and stab into the thigh or turn and slice the opponents stomach open spilling their guts.

In neither scenario either holding the blade already or getting it from my pocket would I ever attempt to stab into the elbow area (where my throat is) and attempt to cut my way free.

One method that would echo Hocks would be:
I would use my left hand to try and pull down and create space at the opponents elbow joint to breath,drop my body weight,spread my legs,move to my left and start stabbing into the thigh,groin,maybe lower abdominal with the knife in my right hand.
(that would be just one of MANY Options)

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2008, 01:56:24 PM »

Remember it yes.
I Still Do Not Know the intent of the initial post
nor the intent through out the thread.
Was it to investigate Mr Loong
or
Was it to discredit Tank Todd ?

Who knows,LOL.
Well let me rephrase:
I Guess Bryan knew as it was his original hunt.

Bryan

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2009, 02:13:03 AM »

Hock, Can you move this to the Walter Mitty Forum.

Bryan

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 02:29:10 AM »

Remember it yes.
I Still Do Not Know the intent of the initial post
nor the intent through out the thread.
Was it to investigate Mr Loong
or
Was it to discredit Tank Todd ?

Who knows,LOL.
Well let me rephrase:
I Guess Bryan knew as it was his original hunt.

JimH, Sorry it took so long to get back to this. It takes time to look into this stuff, you have to wait until people make serious mistakes then you have to confirm and reconfirm.

The latest information is James Webb never was Special Forces, Never a Ranger, Never saw combat, and no honor. There are now more questions than answers as to the certificate and article in Black Belt Magazine that is posted on the first page of this thread.

redcap

• "I've done dead, didn't like it" 22 June 2009
  • Level 4
    • Streetwise Philippines
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2010, 03:35:55 AM »

Here is a site with more recent pictures of the two Mr Doyle and Mr Loong and Mr Doyles family:
http://doyleboys.com/Doyle_Boys_Photos.php

Similar weapon in both pics here being used by Mr Doyles kids and being posed by Mr Doyle and MR Loong.
(Long lasting weapon and well traveled as well,lol)

I can't say if Mr Loong was ever in the US Military but I would bet my left one he was never in the Australian Army. That shot of him and Steve cradling their weapons... finger in the trigger guard and muzzle pointing down at his mate's feet. I even took a step back from my keyboard just to be safe!
Redcap
“No man knows the hour of his ending, nor can he choose the place or the manner of his going. To each it is given to die proudly, to die well, and this is, indeed, the final measure of the man.” Louis L’Amour

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 11:44:10 AM »

Mr Loong never served in the military and has said so himself.
Pages: 1 [2]

Download