Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• August 22, 2018, 01:16:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: anatomical weakpoints  (Read 16027 times)

Bryant

• Kung Fu Genius
  • Level 3
  • To win in an instant is a superior achievement
    • moy yat ving tsun kung fu
anatomical weakpoints
« on: April 11, 2008, 06:00:39 PM »

can anybody recommend any good books
on this topic (not dim mak...please!)
"The Dragons Touch" , was not a bad book
if you ignore the ninja outfits and the unrealistic applications
the anatomical information was very thorough
B.
Proverbs 27:17 - Proverbs 24:3-4

Milldog1776

Re: anatomical weakpoints
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 10:30:36 PM »

Kill or Be Killed by Rex Applegate!

Karl

• Level 2
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 04:05:02 AM »

Pressure points Military H2H FM 21-150
Wesley Brown-Self Defense.
Principal of Self Defense_Jeff Cooper.
John Minnery-Kill without Joy.
Pressure Points-Bruce Tegner.

Thats just a few.

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 05:23:16 AM »

Think or Don't Think by Nick Hughes  ::)
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 07:48:51 AM »

Meditation (hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) book of secret attacks (you have to go in the closet to read it (bring a flashlight)-here is a hint of whats in ch 1:
Chapter 1=Use of a baseball bat (32 inch louisville slugger) against
               A-Knee cap
               B-Brain housing group
               C-elbow
               D-downward smash against shoulder
               E-strike from rear to neck area (angling upward towards the rear of the brain
                  brain housing group
A-E comes from street altercations in the Newark NJ area and all the way to Sea side heights---whitewolf (el lobo blanco)  (drain pipe can be substituted for the Bat)

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 07:51:51 AM »

Sorry-guess i just got carried away and my  mind went back a few years-try Hocks information its up to  date.  whitewolf (el lobo blanco)

Bryant

• Kung Fu Genius
  • Level 3
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 01:31:42 PM »

after a certain point it becomes more academic than practical , but i still find it interesting
B.

Benjamin Liu

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 05:49:55 PM »

If you want weak points to injure someone rather than pressure points for control, what about an anatomy textbook or a book on first aid or emergency medicine?

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 09:46:17 AM »

"Think or Don't Think" has been out of print for years now.

Ever since Arnold released "The Emasculated Male" a tale of a man with rat dogs and Eyetalian motorbikes it just wasn't feasible to keep selling mine.

You may also want to seek out his other book "In The Know" Keeping Your Ear to the Ground which is a big book about listening to dog turd's.

Finally his newsletter is a wealth of knowledge...hang on, that's not his, I was looking at Time magazine...his newsletter is actually a blank piece of paper called "Happening Things in My Neighborhood" by A Bratwurstthwacker

He has several other newsletters in the same vein i.e. they're all blank

One is called "Good Italian Bikes I've Owned"

the 2nd is "Beautiful Homes of New Jersey"

the 3rd is "Nice Places to Visit in NJ"

and the final one is "Land Manatees I Haven't Slept With" which, according to his blind neighbor, is a tour de force, not to be missed.

yer Uncle Nicky
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 09:47:46 AM »

On a serious note...you might try the old "Medical Implications of Karate Blows"  It was written by an Ed Parker black belt if memory serves and wasn't a bad book.  Might be out of print but I bet you can find a copy on E-Bay or Amazon.

Nick
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 10:17:03 PM »

Hey-how come no one liked my drain pipe weapon-i saw it used and it works-blood shot out of the top of the poor guys head like old faithful-he was down for the count right then..whitewolf (el  lobo blanco)

Bryant

• Kung Fu Genius
  • Level 3
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 11:58:06 AM »

guess that just goes to show that any point is a weak point if you hit it hard enough...
 ;)

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 03:24:35 PM »

Yep-the guy was running from a gang and one pulled off part of a drain pipe and as the guy was attempting to climb up a  wall he was struck and fell-oh well long time ago -whitewolf (el  lobo blanco)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 12:50:21 PM »

For a knife...
they are here

http://www.hockscqc.com/shop/product487.html

Shamelessly,
Hock

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 11:22:28 PM »

Theres a book, years old now called '' Black Medicine ''

VicMackey

• Level 4
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »

-eyes
-throat
-groin
-ribcage
-kidneys
-thighs
-hip joint
-knee joint
-forearm
-nose, including the tip
-jaw
-tailbone
-shin
-feet
-ulna
-top of hand
-ulna/wristbone
-fingers
-funnybone/elbow joint
-ankle joint
-side of neck
-ears
-behind the ears
-armpits
-achilles heel
-solar plexus
-shoulder joint
"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail."
"A citizen is armed and free while a subject is disarmed and under control."
"An armed society is a polite society."
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"-Sun Tzu
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"-Mike Tyson

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 02:48:30 AM »

Knifes ( stabbing ) : Inside the collar bone, The anus,Just under the ear lobe at the back of the jaw.

Knifes ( Slashing ) : The forehead, Trapezoid muscles, outside knee

Strikes : Mouth with teeth closed, windpipe, right between the eyes.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2011, 06:53:32 AM »

Webby-some how when i think of the blade in the anus I just shutter-that would hurt to no END (no pun intended- ;D)
I see you list a lot of hits to the facial area-slashing or striking at a
vulnerable point on the head would cause massive blood, and shock i assume. From what i have read and been told a stab to the body area might not even be noticed in the heat of the battle but when the face is ripped open its a different story altogether- WW

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 09:05:33 AM »

Many have been slashed or stabbed and because they did not see an injury or feel the blood right away they thought they were punched or struck in some manner and continued on,until told they were bleeding or they had severe blood loss.
Allow the opponent to see the blood,stab or slash injury and many start to go into shock.

Empty hand strike vunerable points:
Eyes,nose,throat,neck,points on the jaw,ears,groin ,bladder joints,to name a few .
Like in Karate Kid 3 movie,Quick Silver Rules:
If they cannot see,breathe  or stand you win.
That movie ,to me,showed the difference between Reality and Sport.

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 10:33:45 AM »

Had my head split open once in a fight (nasty gash to head ) blood everywhere the other guy turned away so fast i thought the blood belonged to him, turned out it was mine! got in my eyes and i couldnt see shit. still had to fight on.

Oh and the injury was caused by a head butt, with both butted at the same time

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 04:41:17 PM »

Basically same thing happened to me-I had detained a thief and we really had a fight-somehow i tore my elbow and blood was everywhere (like what was just mentioned) when it was over and he was held for arrest we all thought the blood was his but nope-mine-when i saw it i said
dam-did not faint but did get a little shakey-but recovered- WW

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 02:17:16 AM »

WW, Correct on both points blood in the eyes ' Freaks ' people out. The stab in the anus was part of the SAS training in WW2. Massive so called
' Deep ' shock, major blood loss and critically the inability to apply pressure to stem that flood of blood. The anus contract's opening the wound inside the body cavity and outside. It litterally pumps blood out of the body. Very serious life threatening injury.     

TLE

• Level 3
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 05:13:07 AM »

Question- does sparring and competition hurt our abiltiy to access targets ( many of which are off limits in competition) in the heat of combat? Shouldn't the great percentage of our training be on targeting and shutting down the opponents abiltiy to see, breath, move, as quickly as possible? I think it is a mindset- it's not thinking about how to fight someone- it's how to kill someone. Huge difference.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 05:54:48 AM »

TLE- Personally I think that sparring/compition only helps you-as the more you do the more you attempt to think ahead (like a checkers game)
so u can get ahead of the other guy.
As for killing-in the civilian sector its a game of survival-how to overcome and get out-the students i teach for the most part talk about -what if???
how do I protect myself?? things like that. The police officers are concerned with escalation of force regulations. I have not had anyone say
how do i just kill him in thise words.....Both the civilian and the police both want to go home and study techniques to insure that occurs.....WW

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 06:49:10 AM »

Question- does sparring and competition hurt our abiltiy to access targets ( many of which are off limits in competition) in the heat of combat? Shouldn't the great percentage of our training be on targeting and shutting down the opponents abiltiy to see, breath, move, as quickly as possible? I think it is a mindset- it's not thinking about how to fight someone- it's how to kill someone. Huge difference.

I don't believe the proper type of sparring, where blows to the head and face, as well as ribs, legs, and stomach are allowed, is detrimental to a person's fighting ability.  And I definitely support the idea of kill shot sparring.  I think that, as Hock says, some is necessary.  Too much is detrimental, but if you spend about 15% of your training time sparring?  I think it's good for you, in preparation for the street.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

TLE

• Level 3
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 07:05:02 AM »

I agree WW. Awareness, avoidance, and escape are the absolute cornerstones of civilian sd training. It's not about winning but surviving. I don't believe you will have many students if your goal is to teach how to kill.

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 07:35:22 AM »

It should not be about Killing an attacker,it should be about disabling them from being able to continue to attack you.

Sparring is good.
If sparring is used for sport then it must have rules,and some vital targets are off limits.
If sparring is used for self defense then  we must limit strikes to muscle mass areas and direct our strikes to vital targets.
Now to do that one needs a suit or to go through the motions with caution and care for your partner.

I believe in scenarios over free sparring as all points,attack and response ,or potential threat and preemptive action are controlled and can be replicated over and over.

When training I always strike vital points with care.
Strike the side of the neck,palm heel to the chin,fingers into the eyes as the head is driven back and down,knee to the groin as the hips jut out as head goes back.
If responding to a hay maker,strike to incoming arm,simultaneous strike to side of the neck ,go for a trachea grab,(or slide into the trach grab instead of strike to side of neck),sweep the attackers legs from the rear and drop down with control on the trachea and arm,you decide the ending.

I do not teach and I do not do attacks / strikes to body mass targets,except when Bumping ,using body  and weight to make a shoulder strike into the attackers body center line ,drive them back,staying on them delivering elbows and knees to head ,groin,bladder.

We also use a lot of joint attacks,control,pain,breaks and take downs.

We do not like to teach and or engage in an exchange,or free sparring.
Kicks are low line ,to knee,or stop / check type kick,to close distance,make contact and destroy or create pain on target.

We only train to close the gap and work from the inside position.

My opinions based on what we / I do.

TLE

• Level 3
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 08:33:03 AM »

Jim H-From the approach described, I would enjoy training with you guys.

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2011, 06:38:23 AM »

The longer the fight goes on the more the likelihood of being hurt. Spar but keep it short and fast. I don't see people watching there back enough in most sparring session's. Strike but then check over your shoulder's and keep moving. Focusing on one person in front of you leaves you open to attack from others. Hurt the guy and switch to the next one. Don't waste time and effort. 

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2011, 08:11:02 AM »

The longer the fight goes on the more the likelihood of being hurt. Spar but keep it short and fast. I don't see people watching there back enough in most sparring session's. Strike but then check over your shoulder's and keep moving. Focusing on one person in front of you leaves you open to attack from others. Hurt the guy and switch to the next one. Don't waste time and effort.

Sound advice.  I can see it now, a sparring session, one on two.  Two guys face off in the usual manner, and then the third constantly tries to approach the "defender" in order to sucker punch him from behind.  I like it.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1] 2

Download