Important Links

Hock's Blog

Hock's Downloads


Hock's Facebook

Hock's Seminars

Hock's Web Page

Hock's Author Page

Hock's WolfPack Author Page

Lauric Enterprises, Inc.
3075 Willow Grove Blvd.
McKinney, TX 75070




W. Hock Hochheim's

           Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

  • October 31, 2020, 03:44:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


Author Topic: officer stabbed in head  (Read 1762 times)


  • Administrator
  • Level 4
  • *****
  • Posts: 6238
officer stabbed in head
« on: April 24, 2008, 06:48:38 AM »

Motel warned police about suspect before officer-stabbing incident there
By Sandy Rojas (Contact)
Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A San Angelo, TX  man accused of stabbing a San Angelo police officer in the forehead is being held in the Tom Green County jail in lieu of $750,000.

William Cornelius Edelin, 55, was arraigned Tuesday morning on a charge of attempted capital murder of a peace officer, a first-degree felony that carries a possible penalty of five to 99 years or life in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.

San Angelo police said Officer Brian Jackson, 27, who has been with the force since October 2005, was dispatched about 5 p.m. Monday to El Patio motel, 1901 W. Beauregard Ave., on a loud music complaint called in by the occupant of a room next to the suspect's.

Several days before, El Patio employees had warned police to "bring back-up" if they were to respond to a complaint about the suspect because of confrontational behavior he had previously displayed, said Sheila Maynard, El Patio's manager.

"He's one of those people who always seemed hostile for no reason," said motel security manager Fred Reyes.

Lt. Curtis Milbourn, San Angelo police spokesman, said police are still investigating the incident and the department's response.

"We're still debriefing the incident. So I cannot answer why he went to the call alone," Milbourn said Tuesday morning. "I can tell you that as far as I know, (Jackson) is doing fine. He was treated and released from the hospital, and his injuries were not life-threatening."

This was one of a string of noise complaints lodged against the same room, said Reyes, who accompanied Jackson to the suspect's room.

"I was next to the officer, and there was no confrontation at first," Reyes said. "Then he stabbed him."

Reyes said Jackson was bleeding heavily and was a bit dazed following the attack, but with Reyes' assistance, he was still able to subdue the suspect.

"We held him down for a while, and the officer was calling for back-up," Reyes said. About nine patrol cars ultimately responded to help with the call.

Reyes downplayed his role in the incident, saying, "It was a gut reaction. It's my job here."

On Tuesday, evidence of the altercation remained. Drops of blood were scattered in the entryway to the suspect's room. The room itself shows signs of a struggle - a cup of coffee overturned, curtains torn from the windows, model airplane pieces scattered across the carpet.

A black canvas Remington knife sheath about 8 inches long lay on the room's entertainment center. Outside, the suspect's black Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme was parked, waiting for its owner to return.

Edelin was a regular motel guest, Maynard said.

"He was here for a couple of months, then checked out for a couple of weeks and came back," Maynard said.

Maynard said she and Reyes both had advised the police department not to send officers alone to the motel.

"We were concerned about the officer's safety," she said. The suspect "was kind of a recluse. He played his jazz music really loud."

It was the loud volume of that music that led to Monday's call.