Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 29, 2017, 09:18:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: James M. Webb & Special Forces Combatives  (Read 59743 times)

Canuk

• Level 4
Re: James M. Webb & Special Forces Combatives
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 09:21:12 PM »

Todd must have put more stock in teh cert Webb gave him than anything else hes got, If he truly had all the teaching certs form Nelson and Applegate, then he wouldnt need anything else right? The fact that he went out and got certified by his buddy in the "dirty dozen" proves that he felt that his "linage" was weak ass shit no? and hiding behind the international combat instructors association is a joke if thats an org that he set up him self.

Michael Janich

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 10:13:08 PM »

To all:

Sorry for the slow response. I was out for an entire week at SHOT and immediately turned around to do the Marine West trade show at Camp Pendleton. I'm finally back home and catching up...

First, Hock, thank you for the opportunity to share my thoughts and insights on your forum. I appreciate the chance to help clear the air.

Out of respect for you as our host, let me answer your questions first:

With regard to the future of DVDs as a medium, I think they will remain valid until the quality of downloads--and the ability to archive downloaded video material--matches the quality of the DVD format. I also think that will come with the integration of computers and TV. Watching a tiny YouTube window on your computer and trying to follow/emulate the technique doesn't work. Once it's on the big screen and easy to see, I believe things will change. As for piracy, it will always be a problem--regardless of format.

As for Jim Webb not being SF, he never attended the Qualification or "Q" course. As such, he was only entitled to wear a beret while he was attached to first group. Once he left that unit, he no longer had that privilege.

To be very honest, I don't really feel inclined to spend lots of time answering every question or accusation that's been presented here. Please understand that I am not being disrespectful to the forum or its members; I just don’t feel it’s necessary to argue about every minute detail of Jim Webb’s status as a scammer. As I recall, his official DOD photo included a Ranger tab. If it has been proven that he never attended Ranger school either, then he lied about that too. If you’d like to add it to the list and keep track of everything he’s lied about, you have more free time than I do.

I would like clarify what I meant by my statement that Geoff Todd is the “real deal.” By that, I mean that he is a talented practitioner and instructor of combatives and consistently produces students with valid, practical skills. After training with him and his students at his school, I have great respect for him and what he does. Geoff’s relationship with Jim Webb did open some doors for him (that’s how Geoff met Larry Jordan); however, Webb had nothing to do with Geoff’s study with Charles Nelson, Col. Applegate, or many of the other instructors with whom he’s worked. He did that on his own. During my association with Col. Applegate, he spoke highly of both Geoff and Larry. He also took pride in his title as patriarch of the ICCIA. Conversely, he considered Jim Webb an assclown (in Webb’s first Panther series, he stated that Col. Applegate was already dead—years before he actually passed away).

I know that the lineage of Charles Nelson’s system is a topic of controversy and heated discussion. I don’t know enough about that situation to comment, nor do I have a vested interest in getting involved. I’ll say only that I know that Geoff visited Nelson numerous times to study with him and that Nelson’s teachings influenced Todd heavily.

Again, I respect Geoff based on having trained with him and his students and having seen him behave honorably and professionally during the time I’ve known him. If you feel differently, hop on a plane, go to his school, and roll with him and his guys.

Again, thanks for the opportunity to share my side. Thanks also for your patience while I was on the road.

Stay safe,

Mike

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 11:18:21 PM »

Mr Janich,
Thank you for your response.
Thanks for your explanation of the term "Real Deal" as used for Mr Todd.
I appreciate that your use of the term refers to Mr Todd as a Good Instructor with Good students,but I still disagree and see the terms use from a different perspective.
To me I would see people like you and Larry Jordan as more "Real Deal' people as you have military and other experiences to go along with training and teaching.
In My opinion a "Real Deal" is more than an Instructor with Training no matter how good.
Again my opinion.
Thanks for your honest answers in Regard to Mr Webb and Mr Todd.
Much Appreciated and Much Success.

Michael Janich

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 10:09:48 AM »

Dear Jim:

Thanks for your understanding. Combatives and personal defense have a broad perspective of both practice and application. So does the English language. That's why a clear explanation--and an open-minded listener--tend to go a long way.

Although I agree that combat experience adds a tremendous perspective and realistic base to the skills of those who have survived it, I have also seen instructors who have survived incidents by pure luck and gone on to build entire systems of technique on their experience. I feel that solid, well-practiced skill sets--backed by equally solid ethics and professionalism--are equally, if not more important.

Stay safe,

Mike

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 10:37:24 AM »

Mr Janich thank you for the follow up response.
Much Success to you.

If I may make a point on a statement on the first reply,to clarify a point to the others reading this as it pertains to the topic of this thread,Mr Webb.

After reading Mr Janich post again this morning I noticed a point that I read/skimmed over the first time and I would like to remark on.

Quote Mr Janich:
"As for Jim Webb not being SF, he never attended the Qualification or "Q" course. As such, he was only entitled to wear a beret while he was attached to first group. Once he left that unit, he no longer had that privilege."

I see what Mr Janich is saying as to how Mr Webb claimed to be a "GREEN BERET".
Up to the early to mid 80's people in units ATTACHED in SUPPORT of Special Forces/Green Berets were allowed to wear a Green Beret,but could not wear a FULL, FLASH(meaning they were SF Qualified).
They were supposed to wear a Green Beret with a bar/candy stripe under the Unit Insignia,or in Mr Webb's Case under his WO rank.
Some never wore the Bar/candy stripe.

Mr Webb used a play on words.
(Like Wagner does).
Mr Webb claims to have been a "Green Beret",which I guess he was in a play on words kind of  way,as he was allowed to wear the Beret as his role in an SF Support unit,Mr Webb just NEVER clarifies that he was NEVER Qualified in Special Forces to be a Full Flash Green Beret.

redcap

• "I've done dead, didn't like it" 22 June 2009
  • Level 4
    • Streetwise Philippines
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2010, 09:30:44 PM »

I remember the first ads in our local martial arts magazines for 'Geoff 'Tank' Todd' and his certified Master Chief Instructor of Special Forces Close Quarter Combatives line. I got tired just reading it so I never went. I did find out though that Mr Todd has never served a day in his life in any military force as a Master Chief Instructor of Special Forces Close Quarter Combatives. But then he has never claimed to. I was going to say 'never wore a uniform' but that isn't quite accurate, is it?' Wording is very important to perception as someone has already said.

One can well imagine the back-peddling and web site hyper-shredding performed as Webb was outed. We have some here in Australia that still claim connections to him and that other W, Wagner. I do note the Krav krowd have quietened down lately.

I just found it amusing that he is so keen to align himself with former military men and to train with them etc yet has never joined up. Why? He is, from all reports from people I respect, fit, skilled and very likeable and friendly. I was amused by the Harry Baldock angle too, claiming 80 years of teaching self defence in NZ, the oldest school in the known universe or whatever. Like JimH said, HB was known for teaching wrestling, physical culture and the like. I believe Todd did do a fair bit of bouncing in Dunedin. Not a large city but there are some tough lads down there. I did some bouncing too so I guess that's why I'm not as impressed as I should be. Never had to kill a drunk with my bare hands though, but at least I knew how. Not sure what that has to do with unarmed combat (sorry... combatives) but I'm searching for common ground here.
Redcap
“No man knows the hour of his ending, nor can he choose the place or the manner of his going. To each it is given to die proudly, to die well, and this is, indeed, the final measure of the man.” Louis L’Amour

Brian S

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2010, 05:19:32 PM »

Wht's wrong with CMCISFCQC?

I think it rolls off the tongue nicely.

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2010, 06:44:04 PM »

Wht's wrong with CMCISFCQC?

I think it rolls off the tongue nicely.

lol

DWW

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 05:48:42 PM »

A company was selling all of these videos at:
http://www.iol.ie/~needful/videos.htm

Green Beret:Close Quarter Fighting Vol 1      Webb & Janich                     �34.99
Green Beret:Close Quarter Fighting Vol 2      Webb & Janich                �34.99
Green Beret:Sentry Neutralization               Webb & Janich                 �34.99
Green Beret:Workout                                Webb & Janich                  �34.99
Green Beret:Interview With Jim Webb          Webb & Janich                �34.99
Green Beret:Combat Vol 1                          Webb & Janich                �34.99
Green Beret:Combat Vol 2                          Webb & Janich                �34.99
Green Beret:Combat Vol 3                          Webb & Janich                �34.99
Green Beret:Combat Vol 4                          Webb & Janich                �34.99
                                                                                                  Set �299.99

I just don't remember that many Webb/Janich films? I don't think so. I think the company has wrongly listed Janich with Webb too many times there. I am not sure. Don't anyone quote me.

Hock

I was curious about this since I'm a big fan of Janich's work,so I checked with Mr. Janich and He states that He only worked on the "Knife Fighting Combat Techniques" series which consisted of just 4 volumes.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:54:20 PM by DWW »

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 10:21:40 AM »

This is last weekend in March from James Webb....

Mr. Hochheim,

I was informed you posted some information on me per your web site.  I reviewed it and it is inaccurate and has dis-information.  I am a Vietnam Veteran.  I was never assigned to SOG or any Special Forces unit in Thailand.  I worked the POW/MIA Issue for fourteen years.  I held the positions of investigative team commander, recovery element commander, special teams commander, ATFP officer, acting detachment commander, underwater team commander, troop commander, etc etc. 

I did make an interview DVD to explain what it was like working on the ground for the POW/MIA Issue.  I made a total of 60 DVD's and sold a few but gave the rest away for free to various associations and organizations.  I did not make any more.  I wrote a draft for a book on the issue but have yet to publish it.  I wrote articles on the Issue for a Veterans Magazine for free.  I wrote a booklet on the history of the POW/MIA Issue for those who may not be familiar with it and gave this away for free also.  I was invited to speak at a Families convention in Washington DC.  A family member sent me $3,000 to pay for my airplane ticket and such.  I was planning on attending but several days prior to my departure I was ill and hospitalized.  I sent my apologies and regrets to the Families.  I also returned to the family member the $3,000.  I never made any promise for money would investigate any family members case. 

I never tried to, as you say on your site, fleece or rip off anyone concerning the POW/MIA Issue.  The Issue is very important to me and I gave my all working it.  The fourteen years I worked the Issue was the most important and fullfilling of my life.

James Webb

Samuel Browning

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2011, 10:35:43 AM »

Gee, I wonder what he claimed his involvement with the special forces to be when he did his interview for his "green beret" video series.

At the very least titling his video "Green Beret" was misleading if he never completed the Special Forces Course and was never tabbed.

He is also avoiding questions by not coming here to post.

What a maroon!

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2011, 10:43:07 AM »

Yes, there are many issues to be covered.

Hock
And Jim Webb - "I" myself did not post these claims and "I myself did not say" on "my site" any these claims. I do not have this information. Others posting here do. Just read these pages. I have no ideas about these things. It is  talk forum where people talk and if you read this? I haven't talked. But it would be impressive for you to join up here and confront the slew of inconsistencies you have brought upon yourself through the years. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 10:42:20 AM by Hock »

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2011, 06:29:09 PM »

I wonder why Mr Webb did not mention his Special Forces Claims and his Special Forces Combatives Course ?
if you read the forum once to find the errors in the postings I assume you will read it again ,if so :

Mr Webb ,you claim to have never been in SOG,but were you a Tabbed member of Special Forces?
Did you attend and complete the SFQC and get awarded a Green Beret ?
Did you ever attend and graduate US Army Ranger School?

Funny all you people make claims and then use word games around the truth.
"I was never in SOG",lol and you were never a Ranger and Never a Green Beret.

Was your SF Combat Course authorized by the US ARMY,and was it approved for SF Use
throughout the Army SF Community ?
Or was it a course created at a Command you were stationed with and you thought it was a cool way to use a title you never earned to make money selling it to civilians ?

Mr Webb where does your knife combatives come from ?
Does not the majority of it come from Mr Janich ?

Why are you no longer listed on Mr Geoff "Tank" todd's site ?
Did you tell Mr Todd when he came to become an instructor in your SF combat course ,that the Course was made up and had no credibility in giving him rank in any real Special Forces H2H course.
He used that course of yours to base a lot of his claims upon.
Imagine finding out the course was total BS outside of your little group.

Mr Webb if all you had done was take a trip paid for by an MIA family member,I imagine that one incident would have been easily explained and not required the Special Forces members of the MIA recovery to launch an investigation into MULTIPLE CLAIMS and then post warnings for family members not to be involved with you.
Isn't that why you were fired from the POW recovery in 2003 ?

There are people who serve and served in SF who worked on MIA recovery with you who have said you made constant claim of being a member of SF and serving in Vietnam and a member of SOG,they are the first to lead an investigation into his military claims,then came the rip off of family members of MIA.

From POW network:
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19672&page=2

http://powwarrior.wordpress.com/2007/12/09/powmia-insider-another-attempt-to-fleece-the-issue/

This guy later pulled a fast one at the Alliance Meetings last year, taking some money from Family Members to
 appear as a guest speaker at the meetings and then backed out 48 hours before, never returning the money - over $2500....
[signed  - a family member]

Is everyone lying about a one off mistake as you claim Mr Webb ?
I kind of doubt it.

Jim H

As a contractor now ,supposedly,do you claim Ranger ,Special Forces,Scuba,FreeFall and all the other BS schools you never attended on your Resume to them ?

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2011, 11:30:52 AM »

Mr Webb
What unit  were you assigned to when you won your Bronze Star in Vietnam ?
What month and year ?

james webb

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 08:26:10 PM »

I was informed you posted some information on me per your web site.  I reviewed it and it is inaccurate and has dis-information.  I am a Vietnam Veteran.  I was never assigned to SOG or any Special Forces unit in Thailand.  I worked the POW/MIA Issue for fourteen years.  I held the positions of investigative team commander, recovery element commander, special teams commander, ATFP officer, acting detachment commander, underwater team commander, troop commander, etc etc. 

I did make an interview DVD to explain what it was like working on the ground for the POW/MIA Issue.  I made a total of 60 DVD's and sold a few but gave the rest away for free to various associations and organizations.  I did not make any more.  I wrote a draft for a book on the issue but have yet to publish it.  I wrote articles on the Issue for a Veterans Magazine for free.  I wrote a booklet on the history of the POW/MIA Issue for those who may not be familiar with it and gave this away for free also.  I was invited to speak at a Families convention in Washington DC.  A family member sent me $3,000 to pay for my airplane ticket and such.  I was planning on attending but several days prior to my departure I was ill and hospitalized.  I sent my apologies and regrets.  I also returned to the family member the $3,000.  I never made any promise for money would investigate any family members case. 

I never tried to, as you say on your site, fleece or rip off anyone concerning the POW/MIA Issue.  The Issue is very important to me and I gave my all working it.  The fourteen years I worked the Issue was the most important and fullfilling of my life.

James Webb

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »

MR Webb,
If this is Mr Webb at all.

Why are you posting the same generic resume type  post,as Hock has already posted and as you have sent to POWNET. ?

Have you posted this Generic BS on the Quiet Professional site ,where people actually have worked with you and around you ,and where they make the same claims as written here ?

Have you reembursed the family who posted on quiet professionals that they sent you the money and you never showed up at the event ?
NO,you have not,(according to the Family member who sent you the money,as posted on the Quiet Professional site).
I have listed the site above in this thread so read it.

If it was a one off mistake ,then why did the people who looked into it not just accept all your years of hard work ,say it was a mistake to the family,allow you to reemburese them and let you stay on ?
Why were you fired by those looking into the claims in 2003 ?

You say:
"I was never assigned to SOG or an SF Unit while in Thailand"
Well Sir,were you ever assigned to SOG or an SF Unit,(as an SF Qualified Operator),in Vietnam or any time,other in an Intelligence slot assigned IN SUPPORT of an SF Unit,(which DOES NOT make one SF)

When you had the photo's taken of you wearing the Green Beret,which was allowed for NON SF members assigned in SUPPORT of Special Forces at the time,I noticed that in your picture you wore a FULL Flash,which was NOT authorized.At the time a Green Beret was allowed but with a CANDY STRIPE BAR with the Groups flash colors.
So that was a BS picture wasn't it,for what end,to lie and mislead the public,not the military,as you could not use that as an official photo in the military.

Have you lied about your past and your Army schooling ?
Yes

Have you ripped off people who paid money to train with a man who claimed to be SF,a Ranger and who claimed to have used Sentry removal tactics in Vietnam ?
Yes

I have seen you video at the Tank Todd event,and it is a JOKE beyond belief.
Think of the colors of the rainbow BS before you move to remove a sentry as he will feel your Aura,lol. what crap.

Were you ever qualified as a Green Beret,with COMPLETION of the SFQC ?
NO
Were you Ever Qualified as a US Army Ranger ?
NO

You used misleading Military Biographical information to take money from people.
That is ripping people off and fleecing them.
You were fired for taking money from families during you work with Remains recovery,so there was some cause for action.

If you have a complaint about the information,then perhaps you should post your little generic piece on sites where the people will surely tell you where to go.

When typing to the Quiet Professionals site,try lowering your Aura by thinking of pretty colors when you type it.LOL.

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 03:31:28 PM »

Mr Webb,did you approve the title of this series claiming yourself to be a Green Beret ?
http://www.amazon.com/Special-Forces-Combatives-Workout-Starring/dp/B003WL9RJ4
(you'll probably say it was put on the box cover with out your knowledge,everyone when caught out says that,lol)

Did you approve the caption under the picture,(below), with your name your name claiming you as a Green Beret Retired ?
http://www.cardioselfdefense.net/gallery_movie
(again some one else probably wrote that without your knowledge,as always,lol)

Seems to me that people paid to see techniques of a Green Beret and they got a Military Intelligence person,posing as a Green Beret.That to me is ripping people off.
Same as Wagner,same as Pizzo,same as Bob Spour,same as the others who claim to be ,more than what they are,and claiming to be what they never were.
Fake BS artists.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2011, 10:43:04 AM »

Now I am talking to ask some questions.

I am thinking we have already run Webb off.
The POWNetwork would like to hear the family Webb says he paid back.

For decades I have always thought that Webb was a Green Beret. Clever wording? Especially from the early Paladin videos. The kind of wording that doesn't work or trick people with sense these modern times.

Was Tank Todd fooled by Webb and all this in New Zealand? Was Blaise Loong fooled by this too? Loong had successfully passed himself off as some kind of SF operative or connected operative in the late 1990s, early 2000s - thanks to Webb.

I visited a school In Atlanta, GA in about 2002 and I recall a flier hanging up that Blaise Loong was coming soon to teach Green Beret Knife Fighting. Photo and flier presented him as a Green Beret. The school was excited that this military operative Green Beret was coming. I didn't know much about him then but I knew enough (from Inosanto people) that he damn sure was NOT a Green Beret. (Loong's next "gig" was as a Viking, having learned secret Viking methods from inside the Nordic Circle.)

http://hockscombatforum.com/index.php/topic,694.0.html
http://hockscombatforum.com/index.php/topic,3735.0.html

Hock

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 10:43:05 AM by Hock »

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2012, 01:56:46 PM »

A bit of interesting news from an eyewitness in Australia who went to a New Zealand Tank Todd seminar. Todd, an unlikely sort, due to his lifelong, physical condition, and his total history right there in new Zealand, was teaching knife to the group and told people...

"...when I was in the underground knife fighting circuit in Asia, I stabbed a guy in the stomach and his muscles contracted. I couldn't pull the knife out, so I kneed the knife handle deeper into this stomach, then pulled it out and slashed him..."

The eye-witness heard this and immediately left the seminar. The witness said," It is amazing how many lies you can tell that never 'get out'when you live in a small place."

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:09:50 PM by Hock »

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2012, 09:49:32 PM »

LOL,
What does anyone expect from this guy,Todd, but more fabricated BS.
Does he tell these same stories when supposedly training the Police and Military ?
BS certificates,BS life stories

Benjamin Liu

• Level 4
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2012, 03:22:13 PM »

Wouldn't instructors who claim to have been in death matches be admitting to multiple murders?  Of course, the matches would have to be real for that to be the case.

Keith Miller

• Level 4
  • "Shut the F@*k Up, Donnie!"
    • MMA Fitness Online
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2012, 06:14:23 PM »

It's only murder if it's non mutual combat. If both parties agree to fight to the death, it's only Assisted Suicide.

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 07:21:10 PM »

You could form reasonable grounds to conduct an investigation any time someone shoots their mouth off about gutting someone in front of X amount of witnesses> If he does teach Mil and Police they would want to be hands clean and be seen to be hands clean.

Likely BS anyway

Bryan

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2012, 06:18:50 PM »

So what has become of James Webb and or his nutcase son Tony? I see Blaise Loong has tried to distance himself from Webb, he was about the last hold out. It seems the entire house of cards came tumbling down. Tank Todd has dropped all references to Webb that I was aware of. There is still a entire squad of fake CQB instructors in Australasia associated with this the last I heard.

While I was in Asia I took various classes and seminars for Martial Arts. It was in Thailand where I came across James Webb and his son Tony. I was around back when all his training seminars were happening but never attended any of them. The seminars were thousands and thousands of dollars and even appeared to have investors who probably ended up ripped off too. I did hear back from sources about the classes and even exchanged emails with Tank Todd back then. Webb was well known around Bangkok and JUSMAGTHAI where he had been a warrant officer. This whole mess is just a shame but some people cannot help themselves, they get a pat on the back for something small and then go for gold medals and green berets telling whoppers and circle jerking credentials with other like minded "Warriors" ha ha.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2013, 12:32:45 AM »

James Webb asked me to print this...

I am James Webb, and am responding to several postings on your web site about me.  I will address to the issues posted.

I spent over 24 years in the US Army.  I served in Vietnam in 1972 and 1973.  I retired with the rank of Chief Warrant Officer.

I was assigned to the First Special Forces Group (SFG) in 1984 when it was reactivated at Fort Lewis, WA.  I was assigned initially as the chief of the interrogation shop.  Since I was one of the first officers to sign in with  Group I was tasked with a myriad of missions and assignments.  I was sent to Camp McKall, Fort Bragg, NC and attended the SERE instructors course.  Upon my return to Group I was made the Group SERE instructor and operated several SERE courses for Group personnel and our sister National Guard SF Group.  I was tasked by the commander to develop, organize and implement a H2H combative course to be taught to Group personnel.  I did invite several superb high ranking Martial Artists to instruct and I did incorporate these styles into the course.  My time at Group I was TDY, training or on operations over sixty per cent of my time there.  I never attended the SFQC but I put in my paperwork to attend so much that the commander finally told me to stop.  His rationale was that I was busy working for Group on numerous tasks, missions and operations that they could not spare me.  I really tried.  I never wore the SF tab on any of my uniforms.  While at Group I attended and received my Air Assault wings and Thai and Korean Airborne wings.  I also received several medals and commendations.  The commander had a saying, "we always work the good ones the hardest".  In the Army I always volunteered and pushed for every hard school and training available.  I love my country and wanted to be the best soldier I could be.

Mr. Joe Jennings heard about me teaching a H2H combative course at Group.  His offer to me was to make a series of training tapes for his company "Panther Productions".  I discussed this with the commander and he gave me the go ahead.  Mr. Jennings was a pioneer in the development of training tapes in Martial Arts.  I flew to California and shot the tapes.  When he advertised them he called the series Special Forces Combatives.  He said I was teaching H2H combatives to an SFG and this was the course.  In retrospect I should have made them called Military Combatives or just Combatives.

I was never assigned to SOG in Vietnam or the 43rd Company in Thailand.  I never said I was.  During one interview a reporter kept asking me about SOG operations in SEA.  I am a history buff of Vietnam and the war in SEA from our point and from the communists point of view.  I provided him a history of SOG.  I have learned to totally distrust reporters for they are not after the truth but themselves.

After my three years at Group I went to DLI, Monterey, CA for Korean language school and subsequent assignment to Korea to work security for the 1988 Seoul Olympics.  I was with a small unit called Special Branch out of the J-3.  It was here I worked with the Korean CT unit, 707 SF Bde.  I first met their key personnel when I was working with them when I was assigned to the First SFG.  I did work with them in developing a combative course they called White Tiger.  I was not the founder but did work with them on it's development.

In the past I had also attended DLI for Vietnamese.

I have been a student of the Martial Arts since I was in High School.  I continue to study, learn and teach.  I was inducted into the Brown and Brown Martial Arts Hall of Fame.  I was on an MTT out of SOCOM to Liberia, Africa.  While there I organized and ran the first Liberian Martial Arts Tournament.  We had hundreds of practitioners compete from various Martial Arts styles.

In 1989 I was assigned to JCRC (which later became JTF-FA then JPAC) at Bangkok, Thailand to work the POW/MIA Issue.  First I went to DLI for a Vietnamese refresher course then to Bangkok.  I worked the POW/MIA Issue as an officer until I retired from the Army in 1995 then was hired to work at JTF-FA as a civilian (GS-12).  I worked the POW/MIA Issue for a total of 14 years.  I was an Investigation Team Leader, Recovery Team Leader, Archival Research Team (ART) Leader, Priority Case Investigation Team (PCIT) Leader, acting Det 2, Hanoi,Vietnam commander, troop commander, Anti-Terrorism Force Protection (ATFP) officer for SEA, Trilateral Team Leader, Refugee Interview Program (RIP), and other positions.  I ran teams in Vietnam, Cambodia and investigated cases in Laos.  I was the first American to visit all the provinces of Vietnam.  For the RIP program I visited refugee camps in Thailand, Hong Kong, Philippines, Japan, Indonesia and Malaysia.

While as an officer working the POW/MIA Issue I was awarded:  Army Achievement Medal, Army Commendation Medal - 2, Joint Commendation Medal - 2, Meritorious Service Medal and Defense Meritorious Service Medal.  As a civilian working the Issue I was awarded numerous Navy civilian awards, cash bonuses and certificates.  When I retired from the POW/MIA Issue I was presented a high level Navy Civilian Meritorious Award and the highest cash bonus they could give me by law - which was $5,000.00.

In one posting on your web site a man stated that I was going to be fired from working the POW/MIA Issue.  This man stated it as a fact so I called the JPAC command and asked them.  They said No and they knew nothing of this and they missed me.

I retired from JPAC then end of 2003 for I truly believed I had done all I could for the Issue.  In addition I was offered a job in Iraq as a PSD Team Commander.  I deployed to Iraq the first of 2004.  I did three security contracts over the years in Iraq as a PSD Team Commander, security Manager, and Camp Commander.  I have traveled and worked all over Iraq.  I was in combat operations there.

Mike Janich posted derogatory information on me on your web site.  I first met Janich when he was working for Stony Beach, DIA at Hong Kong.  At that time I always wondered why there was so many different organizations working the POW/MIA Issue.  There was JTF-FA, CILHI, DPMO, Stony Beach, etc.  Now the Issue is under one command and more efficient.  Sometimes when my Sgt and I arrived Hong Kong to visit the various refugee camps around Hong Kong.  Sometimes Janich  would go with us and sometimes he would not.  Janich and I had a mutual interest - Martial Arts.  Janich left Stony Beach and joined JTF-FA at Bangkok with me.  Mr. Jennings approached me on doing a series of training tapes on knife fighting.  I knew Janich had an interest in knife fighting, knives and had studied the art.  When I first met Janich he was the most accomplished person I had ever seen with the Balisong - Butterfly knife.  We collaborated on the knife fighting video series for Panther Productions.  At that time I wanted a basic entry level training series on knife fighting.  Janich and I flew to California and shot the videos with Mr. Jennings.  I included Janich in this venture for I saw a talented young man and wanted to help him.  I had others who wanted to shoot this series with me and they were accomplished Martial Artists and knife fighters.  When Janich wrote his first book on knife fighting I assisted him in the photo sequences.  Janich was hired by JTF-FA to be an investigation team leader for Vietnam.  Janich was in the Army as a SIGINT analyst and had also attended DLI for Vietnamese and Chinese.  Janich completed several missions to Vietnam as a Team Leader when the Vietnamese PNG'd him and he could never return to Vietnam.  I know the true reason on what happened to him and what he did but will not discuss that here.  Janich was kept with JTF-FA and made an Assistant Team Leader/Analyst for Laos.  He completed several missions in this capacity.  He was not happy and applied for a position with Paladin Press to work their new video training department.  After Janich departed JTF-FA he wrote a very distasteful and hateful article concerning JTF-FA, several commanders and key personnel.  I read a copy of this article and was disappointed in Janich.  He tried to sell this article to Soldier of Fortune Magazine but they rightfully  declined.  I can understand why Janich has bad mouthed Mr. Joe Jennings for Joe was the main market for Martial Arts training tapes and Paladin Press's competitor.  Janich left Paladin Press and now makes knives, works with Spyderco and teaches his system of knife fighting and Martial Arts,

Janich also posted on your web site that some how I abused my ex wives or was not good to them.  He also posted that my children suffered from me.  Janich never met my ex wives and has no real idea what transpired with them.  Yes, I have had several wives and is not something I am proud of but things happen.  When I divorced them I made sure they were financially secure. Also another man posted on your web site that my son was a Muay Thai fighter and a nut case.  I have one son and one daughter.  My son is a Baptist minister/evangelist in Thailand and a true believer.  He speaks Thai fluently.    When he was young he trained in Muay Thai.  He lived at a Muay Thai gym in Bangkok and fought as a professional Muay Thai fighter in matches around Thailand.  He has taught Muay Thai at schools at Las Vegas and Honolulu.  The last several years he has been training heavily in Savate.  My son is 40 years old and weighs  240 pounds of muscle.  My daughter is a Physicians Assistant and married to a Doctor.  My son is happily married with three children.  If some one wants to attack my family I would hope they would do it to my face and not by your web site.  Then we would see what we would see.  I love my children and we are in constant contact.  My wife and I have been married many years and we are happy.  Don't attack my family.

You also let someone post on your web site that I had tried to fleece or scammed families involved with the POW/MIA Issue.  This is totally false.  After I departed JPAC I was approached by a family member of The National League of Families to attend their convention to speak and conduct an answer and question segment.  This family member sent me $3,000.00 to pay for my round trip air fare from Bangkok to Washington DC, lodging, food and taxi's.  As you can figure I was not making money from this.  Several days before the convention I was hospitalized and could not attend.  I informed the family member and returned the $3,000.00 to her.  I did make an interview DVD on the POW/MIA Issue.  When I was with JPAC I always said we need a historian for this is a very important Issue.  Now JPAC has a historian and he is working hard on a comprehensive history of the POW/MIA Issue.  I made the DVD to impart what the troops went and go through working the Issue.  I was and am so proud of all the young soldiers working the Issue.  I was the last Vietnam Veteran working the Issue in the field.  I made 200 copies and sold a few but gave the rest away for no charge.  I made no money from this venture and did not expect too.  How this makes me trying to fleece family members I do not know.  I never promised any family member to work their case or asked for money.  I started working on a book about the POW/MIA Issue with a co-author but dropped the project. The POW/MIA Issue is very important to me and I gave my heart and spirit to it.

I have trained several foreign armies in my system of combatives and operated several training camps.  I told the students this does not make you Special Forces just that you have trained in my system.  I brought in excellent instructors to assist.  I do not like the word Master and I prefer trainer, coach or just plain instructor.  I am an old man but still train everyday and will always consider myself a student.

Two years ago I was in a VA Hospital in ICU/Isolation and was so sick I could barely raise my arm.  I went from 210 pounds to 170 pounds.  I had a team of nine Doctors working on me and when people entered what I called my cell they had to wear what looked like haz mat suits.  I felt at that time it was my turn to die and I made peace with myself and God.  The Doctors ran every test on me they could think of.  They never figured out what was wrong with me but I slowly returned to normal.  I am now back to 215 pounds, feel real strong and can train and work out hard.  I bench sets of 315 pounds and my flexibility and speed is back.  Not bad for an old man.  Thank God.

You posted negative things on me about these subjects on your web site without verifying or checking with me so if you are a man of honor post this entire letter on your web site.

James Webb

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2013, 02:20:24 PM »

Here is a Video tape made and sold by Mr Webb.
on the Box Mr Webb claims to be a :
" combat veteran, ranger and special forces operative Jim Webb personally takes you through the complete tough special forces and ranger workout regime designed to build today's elite modern warriors."

http://www.amazon.com/Special-Forces-Combatives-Workout-Starring/dp/B003WL9RJ4

So in his letter  above he applied but was never allowed to go to SFQC because he was already working in Group.LOL what Crap.

Why make claims to sell videos if not qualified ?

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2013, 03:04:09 PM »

mr Webb ,
You have sent Hock a letter before saying how these accusations are in error,you did not clear them up before and you have not cleared them up again.

If you are able to read the whole 5 pages to this then you should do so.

In my posting on this issue,post 54 I post those people who have searched your background and who are Special Forces /Green Berets who have listed your BS claims and proved your claims to be false.
They also list your bring fired in 2003
They also have oncluded supportimg letters to verify their findings on your claims.
Please Read them

also in a post by me 59 ,you will see claims YOU MADE of Being SF,a Ranger and a Retired Special Forces member,which is total BS,and confirmed by you in your past letter and in your current letter.

I guess now that you are stronger you must be looking to work and need the credentials of SF ,Ranger and all the BS Bells and whistles and you just wish it would all go away because you really wanted to be SF but they wouldn't let you,boo hooo.

Qoute Mr Webb:
"I have trained several foreign armies in my system of combatives and operated several training camps."
Here in lies the Problem of so many claims for you and Mr Todd and others.
It was YOUR system of Combatives that you passed off as US Army,Special Forces,Green Beret Combatives and they were none of that just YOUR martial art which you used to make moeny and mislead people with.

Your claim to fame is nothing more than you being a martial artist that served in the US Army in The Intelligence side of the house.
While reality is you used your intelligence to lie  and create a story of military greatness that was not there.(No Ranger,No SF /Green Beret,No Instructor in, nor teacher of any authorized US army SF H2H system,No scuba diver ,no nothing)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2013, 08:34:42 PM »

More from Webb...he asked me to post this for him...

I answered the statements made concerning me but I guess I have to provide more information.

I once again checked with JPAC (POW/MIA Issue) command and once again I was not fired from JPAC or under investigation.  I also checked with my friends still working the Issue.  I spent 14 years working the POW/MIA Issue and I retired to take a security contract in Iraq.  I had a Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance and they knew everything about me.  One of my security contract in Iraq was with the State Department and I had a security clearance with them and to get this position I had to have more than just a resume.  There was a Lt Col who was assigned to JPAC who did not like several civilians working the Issue - me included - and when he tried to extend his assignment for he had a "nice" position but command said No.  He was observed by several female personnel assigned to JPAC who observed him in civilian clothes and he was wearing make up.  When I retired from JPAC I received a large cash bonus and several high level government civilian awards.  You should do some checking first before you post something on your web site as a fact.

Janich said he first met me in Thailand in 1988.  In 1988 I was stationed in Korea with the 524th Counterintelligence Battalion and at that time my plan was to retire in Korea from the Army and take a civilian government position with the National Liaison Team (NLT)but then later was selected to work the POW/MIA Issue and in 1989 of course I accepted that assignment.  Janich is a talented, smart man and I can only assume he had a brain fart.  I first met Janich in 1990 at Hong Kong.

People on your web site speak derogatory about Geoff Todd. Todd trained with me for over a year before he received an instructor position in my system.  Yes, he never served in the military but he is one tough, professional Martial Artist.  When Harry passed away in New Zealand he left his school/studio to Todd in his will.  This school is a large building and is a weight lifting, boxing, wrestling and jujitsu school.  Each floor is for a specific item;  the first floor has offices, storage and a store, the second floor is weight lifting and boxing, the third floor is for jujitsu/wrestling and karate.  It is an amazing facility.  Instead of hiding behind a web site meet him then make your comments.

I operated several Martial Art training camps in Thailand.  The cost was $800 for a weeks training of 10 hours a day.  This included lodging (in a hotel), food, training, and a graduation dinner.  A better deal than you offer for training.  No, I did not have any investors - it was just me.  Somebody posted on your web site that they sat in the back and observed training at one of my camps.  Nobody was allowed to sit in the back and watch training.  This is totally a lie by your person.

You ask me to give you the name of the person who sent me $3,000 to present a lecture at the League of Families convention at Washington, DC.  No I will not, your people claim to know everything about me and that I did not repay her - but I did in full - that is a fact and if your sources know about it then that should be easy to verify.  They know all about it but don't know her name - sounds fishy.  I did not attend because I was in the hospital at that time but returned the money to her.

People on your web site can make outrageous claims without proof but when I answer them in detail you treat it poorly.  I see your web site is really malicious gossip.

Post on your web site the names and addresses of those making wild allegations and lets see who stands up.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:17:04 PM by Hock »

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2013, 03:55:08 PM »

Mr Webb,
My screen name is JimH.
My real name is out there on this forum .
My Background is also out there on this forum.

The information you keep harping on about ,ripping off families of POW's is from The professional soldiers web site .
(I have clarified this several times)
You don't like what they have to say take it to the Real SF people on that site who apparently know you.

Geoff "Tank" Todd made his claims off of your certification.
A certification that had nothing to do with Special Forces or Green Beret training.
It was Your course,a Course offered by you / one not tabbed / qualified as a US Army Ranger,Nor as a US Army Green Beret.

Mr Todd speaks of training and of training Militaries.
He claims to have wished he would have been in the Military,well Sir why did he not serve ??
Oh Yeah Harry told him not to waste his time in the military hoping to be a trainer when he could go and train with the best in the world and get paper,LOL.
(Nothing better for a military,wannabe ,trainer than to have never been in the military.)

Harry ,the man who trained Mr Todd was a PT Instructor in the military and he trained in Boxing and wrestling,as was common with most PT Instructors of the time.
He was not trained in WWII combatives during the War,he read about Fairbairn and others.
(This is documented,even found on the pages of Mr Todds site)

Mr Todd inherited a gym and went on a hunt for what appeared to be military H2H training.
He got paper from you,paper that claimed he was an SF instructor and that is pure BS.
He got a Certificate in the Dirty Dozen Techniques,from Larry Jordan,which is also nothing to do with the US Army or SF,except that the man teaching it was a Ranger,Green Beret and Martial artist.
(Mr Jordan was an Instructor when I did the Q course,he was in Phase 1.Then Major Robert Howard ran the course)

The BS certificates for Mr Todd have been talked about on this forum Ad nauseam.

I love how you claim Mr Janich must have had a brain fart,lol.

Mr Webb I am interested in knowing why Mr Todd pulled /removed your name from his list of qualified instructors several years ago,when it came to light you taught / SOLD a bogus SF / Green Beret training course ?

You keep sending Hock emails about this and that.
if you do not have qualifications as a ranger or special forces green Beret then you,your course and all those you trained are nothing more than people who trained with a fake / fraud.

So unless you have some qualifications proof of being Special Forces then you are a phony and a Walter.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2013, 08:39:33 AM »

I  just  read  al the  posts=Wow  is all i can  say..  Don't  know the guy (Webb) -Ill  just  say sounds  like  he is out in left field somewhere.
I personally  know some retired SF types and none  of  them even talk  about the  past. Real professonals..........And  each  one i  know still is envolved in  some  way in the arena.......my hat is off to them... WW
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Download