W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 21, 2018, 05:08:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Street fighting lessons...  (Read 2991 times)

Webby

• Level 4
Street fighting lessons...
« on: November 25, 2010, 07:45:48 AM »

CCTV footage of street fighting and punch up's on You Tube have training vaulve.

Lesson's I see to be learnt are. 1. There's alway's plenty of people who want in when it kick's off. 2. If ( and that's a big if ) The Police show it's going to keep going. 3. If you go down, get up as fast as you can. 4. The most important of all seem's to be, don't go out drinking with a load of your mates on Friday/Saturday night.

When I teach, I say that after every one or two shot's you throw you should be glancing over your shoulders and watching your back. If you stay static or try to fight while going backwards you are going down. I'm amazed though how some people take what look's like massive punches and kicks while on the deck and they pop back up and go again. There like the energizer bunny !!
Where's the energy coming from ? Drink ? Drugs ? Adrenaline or all three !

Webby...   

TLE

• Level 3
Re: Street fighting lessons...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 08:07:40 AM »

Great advice. Don't ever go to the ground and if you find yourself there get up ASAP! Never stop moving. As far as taking shots and keep going, adreneline is an amazing thing. I remember I had an incredibly brutal bare knuckle fight ( the last one for me!) and we just kept puonding away till the last bell.  I could hardly walk 30 minutes later. 

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 09:47:00 AM »

Agree- also I find that watching vidios of actual street fights shows that you can get hurt badly by a untrained fighter-thier desire to overcome the other and not pulling a strike or punch makes a world of difference-they have no ring experience but they want to hurt or worse. I keep repeating to class that "you have to pull out the inner animal in you"-or you will be the loser- also i am always saying -from Hock--"its not over till its over" and to keep on fighting till you are sure you will walk away.
I like to just visit various schools and just observe the class-i see a  lot of very quiet
nice people training but the vicious neede is not brought out that i know may be hiding inside them- I am not talking about guys training for a MMA  bout i am talking about the
meek trainee- (Oh -i just cant stick my finger in his eye )
Maybe i should send him over to mamby pamby land where he can pick daisies??????
God Dam it student- pick up that bottle and beat the shit out of him......,.,.... ;D
Thats my story and i am sticking to it-Whitewolf (el lobo blanco) speed of light

TLE

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 10:49:38 AM »

- "you have to pull out the inner animal in you"-or you will be the loser-

Yep.
Maybe i should send him over to mamby pamby land where he can pick daisies??????

Love that spot!

God Dam it student- pick up that bottle and beat the shit out of him......,.,....
 I love it.]

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 01:11:03 PM »

You watch these bit's of footage from the U.K and you see the same actions again and again. Some guy gets surrounded everyone throwing big right hander's at his head. Down he go's, then it's football practice. Always one guy hasn't had his fill and stays behind to give the downed guy a few kicks in the head. You get the screaming girl, blokes pulling there mate with his shirt torn off away from the action, there's alway's one guy who sucker punches someone half his size.

In this slice of real-life we can see that traditional martial arts has little place. It's just to wild. I've noticed over the years with my own experiences that as Hock says ' It's not over till it's over '. People have a break, everyone has a hand waving session. They get there second wind and.....off we go again. The Police here are facing major cut backs and compulsory redundancy's because of government austerity measures. Thing's are not looking good.               

Download