W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• December 12, 2018, 03:19:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fastest Gunman  (Read 5374 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Fastest Gunman
« on: August 20, 2009, 08:02:28 AM »

You do need to see this news film.
Thank goodness there is slo mo at the end...
http://videos.komando.com:80/2009/01/06/fastest-shot-in-the-world/

Hock

grlaun

• Rawhide
  • Level 4
  • Jeff 'Rawhide' Laun
Re: Fastest Gunman
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 05:56:58 AM »

Unbelievable! :o
Cheat in Beginning - Cheat in the Middle - Cheat in the End
Official Evil Ninja - 2008
Texas Peace Officer 8/2009
"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered"
Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06
"You tell that muthaf**ka, he owes me money!"

Mr. Barnett

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 06:03:29 AM »

Damn!!!!!!!
-The natural right of self-defense permits us to oppose an enemy with the same arms he uses, and to make his own rage and folly recoil upon himself-

Brian S

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:50:47 AM »

He's held 18 world records since 1960?  Did I hear right? 

The claim that this type of shooting, i.e. quick draw, never took place in real life and was only created in the Movies is also pretty interesting.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 12:19:48 PM »

You know Brain, I am just hypnotized by that little clip.

And yes its true, not many Hollywood style shoot outs really happened in ye' old west. Some kind of did? Sort of? But not quite like all the movies.

Most were like crazy events and scenes in the Eastwood's Forgiven. Not much walking down the middle of the street stuff for the Showdown. Mostly bushwacking ambushes.
Nice little clip with Metallaica music here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwgohVvstnI&feature=fvw

The OK Corral was like a showdown.

Hock 

Milldog1776

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 03:21:27 PM »

OK Corral - Still a lot of controversy on who drew first. Some say the Earp's did. Some say the Clanton's did. Hell, I guess we'll never know.

Mr. Barnett

• Level 3
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 05:51:21 AM »

The Draw,
That was a hell of a draw.  I'm impressed by it, and noticed that the rig he was wearing was not modified beyond the normal quick draw rig.  low cut front, angled, and strapped.  His hips moved forward, his draw moved the barrel of the revolver out and up.  It was sweet.  I'm impressed because to me, the quick draw is the winning technique.  I had a call from a good friend in Austin who had just attended a seminar on use of force scenarios with a hand gun, and was feeling confident, until i mentioned that pulling out that .45 from his pocket would probably not be the most effective pull because all is in vain if you fail to draw your weapon.  In Belgium, I had to try to pull a full size .45 out of my pocket, and use it on the ground.  It wasn't coming out.  The draw was already defeated by a lack of holster, and the awkward position and struggle that i was in, and the fact that a full frame .45 1911 just isn't pocket friendly.   The draw is key to winning the fight.  Hock puts alot of effort into the knife quick draw in Section 7 (page 30) in his new book for a reason.  The draw is THE most important aspect of bringing your weapon into "play", and for a common cary, the draw is life or death in  a close up encounter with badguys. 
Not only was that draw awsome, but he hit the balloons.  It was cool, and i think that everyone should be pretty good at the quick draw, regardless of wether it was "for show" or not real, or whatever.  That draw could save a life.

Mr. Barnett
-The natural right of self-defense permits us to oppose an enemy with the same arms he uses, and to make his own rage and folly recoil upon himself-

Brian S

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 09:34:51 AM »

Imagine practicing a pre emptive blow and acheiving a speed near to that.  Yes, I do realise that a hand would have to travel much further and be accompanied by bodyweight shift for power.

But what an amazing and pretty reliable pre emptive blow it would be.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 09:46:50 AM »

A great sucker puch

Hock

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 11:34:20 AM »

Munden has been THE MAN in this area Forever.

Hat's off!
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 12:25:08 PM »

Thats what i mean by "speed of light"

As Bryon S said-what if one could react and strike that fast.............WW (LB)

Milldog1776

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 12:18:11 PM »

What's fascinating is that he not only draws and fires...he re-holsters in that time.

Eddie Gilbert

• Level 1
  • Member of the Cynicism Society - Yeah... right.
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 08:29:42 AM »

DAAAAAAAMN!!!

Dude's quick!
"If I wanted public recognition, I'd join the friggin' Rotary Club!" - Eddie Gilbert

shastana

• Level 4
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 01:36:31 AM »

If we could just train all CCWs to do that, pop, crime goes out the window. 2/10th of a second is faster than you can even register the movement and react by far...amazing!
An armed citizenry fly their colors, an unarmed citizenry wear their colors.

Jace

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 03:03:52 AM »

Bob Munden, hmmm... I don't know if ya'll have seen Stan Lee's Superhumans, but they interviewed him and he was on the show. Some test results they ran:  During his quick draw his arm moves in excess of 10g. Now, most fighter pilots are ONLY trained at 9g's of force...  it also shows that him pulling, shooting, and re-holstering is quicker then a rattlesnakes strike from beginning to point of impact, not end, but point where snake sinks his lil teeth into you...  the last test is to see how accurate he is... they take him to a police range and he target shoots. He pulls, shoots, and holsters till he is dry.  Now, i know I CAN NOT shoot the best group like that, but he put it into less then a fifty cent piece... yes. Bob Munden... Superhuman hand eye coordination.
Iraq Veteran, Camp Taji.  Train like your life depends on it, it does, Thank you Dawg, Tank, and Rick, without yall I wouldn't still be here.

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 09:07:32 AM »

Bob has had health problems in the last few years....keep him in your thoughts.
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Download