W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• June 26, 2017, 04:23:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No headgear stickfight vid  (Read 4549 times)

JohnS

• Level 2
No headgear stickfight vid
« on: October 09, 2011, 12:12:07 AM »

I dont have the link.I saw it on my friends Blackberry.He found it on Liveleak.com.They fight with sticks and zero protection.They are wearing shirts that say Sayoc kali? on the back.Im not making this up.

JohnS

• Level 2
Re: No headgear stickfight vid
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 12:21:53 AM »

I Did a google search its Neil Mendez and Felix Cortez from Sayoc kali.Apparently it was an old clip.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 01:32:05 AM »

How do u find the vidio on liveleak? I went there and there are a lot of subject vidios- WW

JohnS

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 02:28:39 AM »

WW my friend said it was under Recent Items about 2 days ago.I only have internet access through my phone and I cant post Stuff.I should have warned you about Liveleak .there are some truly nightmarish vids there.I could watch JDAMs land on Taliban positions all day though.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 06:48:36 AM »

Johns-now that i rememebr you did say you had problems getting them-anyhow thanks-Ill look at some other stuff-stay  safe WW

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 08:36:54 AM »

We use to whip the ass of the Sayok's at their tourneys back in the early days.   Never particularly liked them because they were the only real competition (their tourneys used much less gear than Wekaf at that time)

I've fought without anything before (twice or ten times to be honest).   I didn't lose an eye, or teeth, or bleed into my brain - the Lord was watching over the stupid at the time.     But, His eyes are sometime somewhere else and people die because of fighting with less than lethal weapons.   

Please, simply let me tell the reader that it can be done and you can live.  But, it's stupid and reckless.    Stupid and reckless will get you killed.

"Life is full of choices and stupid is one of them"   - Prof

'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

JohnS

• Level 2
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 11:50:51 AM »

Prof:they had no head or handgear but it looked like they were using light rattan.When I first saw the clip I wasnt expecting it to last long.Maybe if they were using heavier sticks...but isnt it an all blade system.Use machetes.No,Prof someone is gonna buy it doing this for sure.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 12:11:30 PM »

When you stick-fight without  helmets, I am really convinced there is a subliminal control that that holds you back from striking the other guy's head.

I saw a new "Sayoc" video clip(?) (at least I think I saw Keir there in the crowd) of two guys stick-fighting in the woods and others jeering and yelling. Must have been some camp. Sticks. No gear. OF course the fight became a ground wrestling match because neither would/could deliver realistic, fight-ending stick blows.

BUt, one in the crowd viciously repeatedly yelled, "Billy, hit him in the head!" Which is easy for this idiot in the crowd to yell. He won't go to jail.

Of course Billy couldn't hit Johnny in the unprotected head. Billy would kill, or seriously injure his friend. Billy would be arrested. There would be no telling what would happen to Johnny. A shattered skull? What? An ambulance would have to arrive. All for some stupid camp in the woods led by morons who don't understand the basic principles of proper training?

Comments under the film clip, made by other unenlightened idiots, claim, "THAT's real fighting."  and so forth. They look so "big and tough," but what they were doing was abstract, unreal and stupid.

Their fight without head shots is unreal.
Their fight WITH helmeted head shots is also unreal.

Hock

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »

Agreed.
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Adventure

• Level 4
    • Stay Alive Program inc.
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 03:45:44 PM »

When you stick-fight without  helmets, I am really convinced there is a subliminal control that that holds you back from striking the other guy's head.

I saw a new "Sayoc" video clip(?) (at least I think I saw Keir there in the crowd) of two guys stick-fighting in the woods and others jeering and yelling. Must have been some camp. Sticks. No gear. OF course the fight became a ground wrestling match because neither would/could deliver realistic, fight-ending stick blows.

BUt, one in the crowd viciously repeatedly yelled, "Billy, hit him in the head!" Which is easy for this idiot in the crowd to yell. He won't go to jail.

Of course Billy couldn't hit Johnny in the unprotected head. Billy would kill, or seriously injure his friend. Billy would be arrested. There would be no telling what would happen to Johnny. A shattered skull? What? An ambulance would have to arrive. All for some stupid camp in the woods led by morons who don't understand the basic principles of proper training?

Comments under the film clip, made by other unenlightened idiots, claim, "THAT's real fighting."  and so forth. They look so "big and tough," but what they were doing was abstract, unreal and stupid.

Their fight without head shots is unreal.
Their fight WITH helmeted head shots is also unreal.

Hock

It is at the end of their grappling video. It shows those guys going at it. Clamming to be MORE EXTREME then the Dog Brothers.

Cortez even blocks some sticks fist his fists. Of course they are using rattan & NOT Iron wood.

JohnS

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 03:46:36 PM »

Hock.THAT is the clip I saw.I agree.Its brutal but its still a match fight under controlled circumstances.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 04:05:10 PM »

"...claimming to be MORE EXTREME then the Dog Brothers..."

Hey, the Dog Brothers (and others too) exchange power head shots! Helmeted sure, but head shots that will "ring your bell," and the head is fair game. Therefore, with the head shot on the agenda? The DBA are more extreme.

Hock

michael

• Level 3
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 06:39:10 PM »

As much as Marc tries to limit injuries during the DBMA gatherings, head injuries do occasionally occur, including some pretty serious bleeds and broken bones. I believe the DB fights are about as realistic as one can get without someone dying from it.
**To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.** Carlos Castaneda

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 07:34:16 PM »

In our Killshot format, we stop the fight immediately when a serious head blow occurs. He's lost. The recipient sits down and contemplates how his head was exposed. Maybe we'll do 2 out 3, or 3 out of 5.

This creates a system that better respects the head shot, makes you work for head shots to win and to better protect the head to prevent from quickly losing.

But, this involves judges and refs. And it is not much fun either as the other ways are. It can be over real fast and there is not a lot of ground fighting/wrestling (head shots count on the ground too).

But, no such "tournament" is perfect. It is a tournament and whatever the rules are...they are....

Hock

michael

• Level 3
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 05:44:25 AM »

Very true, and it is important to be as safe as possible....even if that means it is less "realistic", whatever that is. ;D
**To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.** Carlos Castaneda

Download