W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• August 22, 2017, 02:46:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tim Larkin BB Cover  (Read 8956 times)

SileyEric

• Forum Member
Tim Larkin BB Cover
« on: December 29, 2011, 07:47:38 PM »

I haven't read the article yet, but I had a blog review forwarded from another Krav Maga instructor.

http://kravtalk.blogspot.com/      (see December 20 entry)

If anyone has read the article, please post your thoughts.  I know what to expect based on what I've seen of previous material.  I'll read it at the bookstore this week and put up my thoughts...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:33:41 PM by Hock »

JimH

• Level 4
Re: Tim Larkin BB Cover
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:52:40 PM »

We are all EARS.
LOL
That is a good one for Tim,since he had had multiple ear problems and SURGERIES prior to the Navy and he apparently lied on his medical form to go to BUDS,as he knew that he would most likely not make it through SCUBA training,and low and behold he did not.

Tim,was never a SEAL and Never in Combat.
Tim knew a Ranking Officer  who took him on as an Intel Officer.

question:
Are the people of Europe less inclined to look at/research the internet ?
As they seem more gulible to these guys stories.
These guys are Larkin,Wagner ,Aizik,Wolfe and others who seem to have a growing following in Europe.

noload

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:29:41 PM »

Maybe us Yanks are just exotic to those across the pond.

Benjamin Liu

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 10:30:47 PM »

question:
Are the people of Europe less inclined to look at/research the internet ?
As they seem more gulible to these guys stories.
These guys are Larkin,Wagner ,Aizik,Wolfe and others who seem to have a growing following in Europe.

My comment is not related to Larkin, I haven't really heard of him outside this forum.  I'm just addressing this question regarding frauds in general.

People in general usually don't think to do a search to find out if someone is a fraud or not.  I did not know about any of the people mentioned on this thread until I read about them on this forum.  Older posts on Aizik seemed to be more positive and then sometime later the info on him lying was posted.  Someone not looking for frauds or not hanging out of MA forums would be unlikely to find out that any of these guys are frauds.  They'll just see an ad for a seminar, book, or DVD and decide on whether to buy/attend based on the ad and cost/scheduling.

The other problem is that there are those who set themselves up as "watchdogs" over the martial arts, combatives, the specific system they study, etc.  and they use the guise of "fraud hunting" to attack people they simply don't like or to further another agenda.  I've seen this on traditional forums where one guy will set himself up as the mouthpiece of the traditional system he trains in and his opinions are the "One True Path" and other people in his system who disagree are frauds or just wrong.  Then of course there the posters on Bullshido.com.  Because of these types of people, others might be more cautious when seeing people posting that other instructors are frauds.

Then there is the issue of those not in the military not knowing how to check a person's military records or even knowing whether or not they should. 

This is not in defense of the instructors mentioned in this thread, just another perspective on why people don't know they are frauds or might be skeptical of those exposing frauds. 

Samspade

• Level 2
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 04:53:06 PM »

The silence is killing me.  We are waiting!! >:(

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 06:16:46 PM »

My first question would be why do people in England very recently still think you were a Navy SEAL?
http://lancasteruaf.blogspot.com/2009/09/bnp-beg-show-us-how-to-kill.html

And this article
http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2001/1015/116.html
Click thru the advertisement.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 06:06:29 PM by Hock »
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

TLE

• Level 3
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 06:09:09 AM »

The funny thing is I have read  articles (and personally heard) where he  tells the truth about the BUDS/ ear thing. I guess it all depends on the audience. The quote from the BB article cited is absolutely misleading and can't be rationalized in any way, although I am sure Mr. Larkin will do just that,
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 10:48:38 AM by Hock »

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 03:50:29 PM »

Larkin allowed it to be thought that he was a Navy SEAL,when with Petterson and SCARS, he allowed himself to be mentioned as a Navy SEALin articles,magazines and seminars.
Larkin never corrected anyone's view.
Other SEALs never said he was not a SEAL,same as the phonies who claim to be Spec Ops,Israeli Commando's ,SAS,SBS,Rangers,Force Recon,Delta,no one with knowledge says these guys are fake.
No one cares until the unqualified start ripping off the public giving the units bad names,then the units or members of the units speak out.

People questioned Larkins past and they put his name up for review when there was a SEAL wall of Shame, then it came out he never completed BUDs.
You don't complete and graduate BUDs you are not a SEAL.

Larkin then started to tell the story that he did well in BUDs almost completed it when he blew his ear out on a dive.
He blew his ear out,an ear he knew was bad as before he even entered the Navy he had surgeries on it.He should have never applied to go to BUDs,if ,as he says,  he blew his ear out on a dive it was near the start of phase two the start of week 9 of a 6 month training course,so he did well for 1/3 of the training,again if we believe what he says about his ear because others who say they knew him NOW say he was gone before that.
No matter when he left ,Larkin did not complete BUDs and is not in any way shape or form a SEAL or allowed to be called a SEAL,just as Ventura is not a SEAL,but Ventura says he completed Navy Dive school,which he did,(before DIVE school and SEAL Training were combined under BUDS),so Ventura says he is technically now a SEAL,but he is not and Larkin is not even as qualified as Ventura,Larkin not even qualified as a Navy Diver,no less a SEAL.

SabreActual

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 09:33:27 AM »

Back in the mid-1990s, when SCARS and Jerry Peterson hit the scenes, we (Full Contact magazine) did extensive research to include interviewing both Peterson and Larkin over the phone.

The result was an expose on SCARS and Peterson and the straight story on Larkin, who was very up front with us given he realized we'd done our homework and he didn't want to get slammed like Jerry was.

SCARS was essentially Tang Soo Do, Green Belt Level, which Peterson had studied and attained that rank in, as I recall.  Everything else he threw into the stew was just that -

Larkin and he linked up - and Larkin rode the wave until the Full Contact article came out - then he cinched up his storylines and went on from there.

The truly awful thing about SCARS/Peterson/Larkin was that NAVSPECWAR actually bought off on the program - failed to do its homework - and paid good tax payer money for recycled TSD.
"Na Mae O Me Do Fu" - The Washing Away of Fear

Download