W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• June 23, 2017, 07:39:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fernan Vargas?  (Read 2684 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Fernan Vargas?
« on: April 05, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »

Fernan Vargas of Illinois...

It has come to my attention that my name has been used to promote Fernan Vargas in seminars and magazines, so that Vargas can get seminars and writing gigs. This has happened enough times that I will make a statement here about it...

I do not know Vargas. I don't know what he does. I have never met him. I am not his friend or acquaintance. I just don't know him. Therefore, I have never suggested he contact anyone to do anything using my name as a door-opener or contact or reference. Not once.

W. Hock Hochheim

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: Fernan Vargas?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 09:31:19 PM »

Vargas has called in to say he has never done this a single time. I guess these strangers over the years have conspired against him in a plan to lie to me? Here is one example from a few months ago. The dialogue is recreated as I remember it. I was with a police commander in Arizona...

Commander: Oh, I am sorry I could not help your friend out.

Me: yeah, uh...huh...what now? What friend?

Commander: Your friend from Illinois. Vern...something like that.  Vargas. He said he was from around Chicago. Illinois.

Me: You mean Fernan Vargas?

Commander: Yeah. Him.

Me: What did he want now?

Commander: He told me he is a friend of yours and that you told him to call me and ask me if he could do a police seminar here.

Me: He did! Well, I don't know this guy at all. He probably saw your name as the contact on my police seminar webpage and decided to call you. Years ago he mined every name of every instructor from my webpage that I had listed and contacted everyone with some kind of a sales pitch. I don't know the guy. I didn't tell him to do anything.

That's one sample. Need I go on? I guess the police commander and these other people who don't know each other are mysterious lying about Vargas.

Hock
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 06:47:50 AM by Hock »

Download