W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 29, 2017, 11:37:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unrealized gun disarm endings  (Read 1714 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Unrealized gun disarm endings
« on: September 24, 2012, 04:22:53 PM »

"Magazine covers and system brochures, webpages and Facebook pages love to show a still photo of this move, seen to the left here...a grabbed gun, and a fist to the face. They almost never show, what happens next. This three-step dance has become ever so popular that when I show a variety of pistol disarms, almost always, someone walks up to me and asks, "Hock, so you don't always advocate striking the face?"
That' ll be a no. Because... (see the 24 September entry.)

http://www.hockscqc.com/blogs/09-12/index.htm

noload

• Level 4
Re: Unrealized gun disarm endings
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 07:52:07 PM »

OK, I admit that I've pretty much trained in a bubble for the last 10 plus years and while I've seen this move I never gave it much thought. I was taught to often skip the disarm and get the darn thing pointing back into the other guy and let him commit suicide if that's his choice. If you're convinced that your life is in danger enough to fight back against an armed thug why do these combative guys have the "victim" do a move that leaves said thug still able to fight? I'm not trying to make myself out to be a badass and I know that DF is a bitch in the courts, but what makes these guys think Tommy the Thug will always just roll over because you broke his finger and took his gun away?

F. Fuller

• Level 2
Re: Unrealized gun disarm endings
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 07:03:23 AM »

Excellent point, Hock. In the program I teach we discuss this as well. There an awful lot of MA people out there teaching "rubber gun" tactics where they can be very imaginative and creative with their moves because they are trying to get a certain "look", even if it defies physics and the realities of the firearm.

Very nice.

Download