W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• June 26, 2017, 04:24:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: South African Special Forces Wall of Shame  (Read 6240 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
South African Special Forces Wall of Shame
« on: September 28, 2012, 08:07:07 AM »

Unlike the overwhelmed ones in the states, the one in SA is up and working...

http://www.recce.co.za/wall-of-shame-1

Bryan

Re: South African Special Forces Wall of Shame
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 12:16:30 PM »

Unlike the overwhelmed ones in the states, the one in SA is up and working...

http://www.recce.co.za/wall-of-shame-1

I notice some American names on the list. The reality is these lists do about zero in putting any of these people back in a holster. Then you have POW Network a very good idea, go off the rails. The current situation there is a complete mess. None of the big players they have investigated have lost as much as ten cents because of their website. Some of the big supporters of well known frauds are treated with kid gloves, not called out on their bullshit. Then they have no standards and never did, this makes it easy to pick on the little guys, people that should not even be listed there, people targeted for humiliation versus sticking with facts, military records.

Anyway, being one of about a half dozen people on the planet that gives a damn about any of this, I have spent to much time on the subject, know to much about it, believe non DOD info is a con game ran by con artists.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 12:44:22 PM »

By the way, in reference to Tom Sotis being listed there? Tom says...

"This is likely a simple oversight by the SASFL. Someone there didn't do their homework. I am drafting a letter and will send it along with ample photo evidence of their error."

Bryan

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »

By the way, in reference to Tom Sotis being listed there? Tom says...

"This is likely a simple oversight by the SASFL. Someone there didn't do their homework. I am drafting a letter and will send it along with ample photo evidence of their error."

I know Tom and know he spent a bunch of time in South Africa. Outside of that, as far as him training Special Forces? Everybody in this business has trained with some Special Forces at one point or another, who cares. The question in general is absurd. Does he have pictures of him with Special Forces? Im sure he does, just like another guy on here, Tom tends to take a bunch of photo ops and collect military stuff. Is that a crime? No. Does that make him a bad guy? No way.

Did Tom Sotis ever claim he was Special Forces? Not that I'm aware of, I have never heard him claim any active military service at all, none.

This is where "Wall Of Shame" bullshit goes off the rails. Most of the supporters of stuff like this, people paying the bills, they don't even know how the internet works. In some ways deals like the POW Network end up being a bigger rip off for Vets than the people they are supposedly outing. 

The way I look at POW Network and other "Wall Of Negative Info" type non-profit tax deductible donation organizations is the same way I look at churches.  They find a couple wealthy benefactors and scream devil from a pulpit. They gather up a flock of morons and turn up the volume so loud anyone with any common sense eventually walks. Are they a business? Are they a cult? Are they a rip off? Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 08:50:48 AM »

Because you asked..here is the South African SF response to Tom's letter.

http://www.recce.co.za/wall-of-shame-1/wall-of-shame-responses

Hock

Download