W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 24, 2017, 03:23:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Arms Race! Using the arms for takedowns.  (Read 3584 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
The Arms Race! Using the arms for takedowns.
« on: June 11, 2013, 09:52:34 AM »

This just in from TX Headquarters...The ARMS RACE video is up. Up for downloading to your favorite devices anywhere in the world. The DVD version is also available by land mail anywhere in the world. What is the Arms Race? Using the arms to take folks down. Over the last 40 some-odd years (yes, some were very odd), I have been collecting and organizing takedowns into categories and this grouping is about using the enemy's arm to force him down. I have actually used a number of these in real life, quite a number of times.

To me, it is disconcerting these days that stand-up takedowns are almost a lost practice, a decaying study as more and more time is spent wrestling on the ground for fad and fun. (MMA tackling means both guys hit the deck for more and more wrestling. Nothing wrong with it, just saying...) Jujitsu use to mean "stand-up takedowns," and now somehow the noun has been hijacked into meaning "submission wrestling?"

This training video captures the classics, the high percentage moves, with plenty of knife attack, stick-attack and counter knife and gun gun drawing, and countering gun-threat-presentations scenarios. (This is also, the takedown module inside Level 4 of my "Force Necessary: Hand!" unarmed combatives course.)

You will discover that these proven takedowns also span the best of the military as well as good police training. Old-school and new school. Organized just for you.

For more, and the list of them, click here:
http://www.hockscqc.com/shop/video-hock-arms-race-arm-grappling.html

noload

• Level 4
Re: The Arms Race! Using the arms for takedowns.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 01:46:09 PM »

Just downloaded it yesterday, watching it on my iPad.
I like.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 03:23:22 PM »

Cool.
Its not Gone with the Wind.
Just a lesson. A collection.

Hock

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 07:58:00 AM »

I enjoyed it. Clean, simple, to the point and no macho mystic bullshit! also made me think of things in a new light, gonna add some of this to a DT course im teaching in a few weeks.

I really liked the fact that it wasnt in instructional dvd in the typical sense of  the word and acknowledged different sizes strengths etc. More of a training discussion that put the training onus back on the learner, which is where it needs to be

noload

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 08:07:33 AM »

Dittos for what Canuck posted.

I like the little details you point out Hock that make the techniques work, and make them easy to remember. Makes an instructors job easier and the student get the techniques quicker.

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 04:35:14 AM »

Great White North Guy..
Did you have one of your wonderful malted adult beverages when you watched? This is important need to know type stuff!
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 06:10:59 PM »

Pfft one beer??? nooo I'm not a commie. Drinking just one beer would be wrong

noload

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 07:17:29 PM »

I had a Bud Light Lime while watching, does that count? :-[

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 08:36:54 PM »

No, no it doesn't count, please correct the problem or hand in your man card

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 09:05:15 PM »

This came in...

"Hock, I just purchased your video "Arms Race" the other day and I want to tell you it was awesome. You really do approach martial arts with the ideals of a realist. I am familiar with much of the material you presented but the beauty of what you do is the fact that you don't mess up your material by presenting a bunch of pretty techniques that look impressive to the uninitiated and may be usable by the physically gifted after years of training. I wish I saved a lot of my money (and support)on a bunch of dvd's I bought in the past and gave (it to)you instead. Keep up the good work. I know in my decade and a half of teaching I have had a handful of people say what I taught them may have saved their lives. With the amount of people you have reached you probably have saved dozens of people in bad situations. Keep doing what you do, keep it simple and keep it real. Thanks again." - Joel Huncar, Canada
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 10:51:07 PM by Hock »

Download